Who's good enough?

DerbyRam!

So propose by some miracle, we DO get promoted wether that be via playoffs(most likely) or automatic(even i'm not this optimistic) who is actually good enough to stick with us? A few of our current players i would never even play in the championship let alone the premiership.....

Frank Fielding - A favourite of mine and would easily play in the premiership i think

2 DF John Brayford - same as above, he just needs to step up yet again

3 DF Gareth Roberts - we need a decent left back, he's been excellent recently but against nani/van persie etc he would be beaten EVERYTIME with ease

4 MF Craig Bryson - could be good to keep, would work just as hard if not harder

5 DF Shaun Barker (Captain) - 10/10 easy

6 DF Jason Shackell (Vice-captain) - 10/10 easy...we wouldnt replace either

7 FW Steve Davies -

9 FW Nathan Tyson - Could be useful with his pace, could see him getting goals

10 FW Jamie Ward - skillful and argueably our best player

11 FW Chris Maguire - has to go with current work rate

13 GK Adam Legzdins - good backup?

14 FW Conor Doyle - useless....must go

16 MF James Bailey - one for the future....would need to step up a level

17 MF Jake Buxton - useless....must go

18 MF Ben Davies - useless....must go

19 MF Tomasz Cywka - I love him but clough will get rid 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

21 FW Theo Robinson - saw him at huddersfield 3-4 years ago...useless then...missed so easy chances....went to millwall did the same....now here and is always losing the ball/bad first touch...only gets scrappy goals

22 MF Lee Croft - far past his best, must go

23 MF Jeff Hendrick - def one to watch for the future...he needs more time though

24 DF Mark O'Brien - good cover for shackell/barker

25 FW Callum Ball - Far to slow/immobile for me even if he has been playing well lately

27 DF Chris Jones - No idea

28 FW Mason Bennett - Sell, get a good bit of money for him...far better use he'll only get poached anyway

29 MF Will Hughes - No idea

31 DF Tom Naylor - No idea

32 MF Paul Green - Just about lower level premiership standard, not really worth it

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the players are good enough to get us promoted then there are likely a few that would make the grade but let's live in the real world eh.

We are a country mile of being anywhere near good enough because the current playing staff is not up to the required standard. It is difficult to make a case for any of the players we have to perform at a higher level when they struggle week in, week out to perform at the current level.

Are you serious? This squad has been outclassed by half of the NPC sides we've come up against let alone the PL.. Against the top 6 this season we've been easily outclassed in virtually every department and it's a miracle how we've come away with 8 points from them.

It's one stage making the top 6 in the NPC, then another to make the PL, then another to stay there.. We currently have no players that would get into a PL side of 17th or above.. None.

Are you serious? This squad has been outclassed by half of the NPC sides we've come up against let alone the PL.. Against the top 6 this season we've been easily outclassed in virtually every department and it's a miracle how we've come away with 8 points from them.

It's one stage making the top 6 in the NPC, then another to make the PL, then another to stay there.. We currently have no players that would get into a PL side of 17th or above.. None.

I would like to say how much I agree with your assessment, but then we would both be wrong.

part of me agrees with elements of this - there are plenty of our players who are prob not PL quality - but the criteria by which you have arrived at your dismissal of them all is, quite frankly, ridiculous.

thing is - we don't know.

i cannot prove that fielding, for example, is - and you cannot prove that he isn't by simplistic assertions based on statistics that reflect our points tally and your personal view of our games - not an individual's talent.

part of me agrees with elements of this - there are plenty of our players who are prob not PL quality - but the criteria by which you have arrived at your dismissal of them all is, quite frankly, ridiculous.

thing is - we don't know.

i cannot prove that fielding, for example, is - and you cannot prove that he isn't by simplistic assertions based on statistics that reflect our points tally and your personal view of our games - not an individual's talent.

But if someone isn't a standout in this divison.. Then why would they be a standout at a top division?

It's like boxing, if you're not even a standout at regional boxing, then why would you all of a sudden be comfortable at national boxing?

The only way we will know is if they're regularly playing for a PL club or has shown ability during the times they've played at PL level for a club of 17th or above..

It goes back to the famous Barker is a top 6 standed NPC defender.. Well unless he regularly plays there or is wanted by someone in that group or above then this is untrue.

I would like to say how much I agree with your assessment, but then we would both be wrong.

Which bit don't you agree on? You think any of our players could be a regular for a team placed 17th or above in the PL?

Or you don't think we were outplayed against Hull (both times) WHU (away) Boro, Reading, Cardiff and Southampton?

i don't agree with your criteria that establishes a player' level of ability

but then you're quite happy to come on here shooting your mouth about tactics in games you haven't seen - where does that leave us.

but in answer to your questions: i don't know - and neither do you and no.

seen the games?

i don't agree with your criteria that establishes a player' level of ability

but then you're quite happy to come on here shooting your mouth about tactics in games you haven't seen - where does that leave us.

but in answer to your questions: i don't know - and neither do you and no.

seen the games?

Not really sure what you're getting at..

I've seen everygame this season, thanks for asking.

In my view,Barker is the only person who could play regularly in a prem team.

I naturally disagree.. Gorkks despite being a better defender wasn't wanted by a lowly PL club (QPR).. Barker wouldn't get in quite a few NPC teams let alone a regular PL team..

But all opinions I guess

I naturally disagree.. Gorkks despite being a better defender wasn't wanted by a lowly PL club (QPR).. Barker wouldn't get in quite a few NPC teams let alone a regular PL team..

But all opinions I guess

it is about opinions.I think Barker has class and could fit in at a PL club.Personally i think theo robinson wouldnt get in a pub team.

Which bit don't you agree on? You think any of our players could be a regular for a team placed 17th or above in the PL?

Or you don't think we were outplayed against Hull (both times) WHU (away) Boro, Reading, Cardiff and Southampton?

It depends what the team who are 17th and above are looking for. If they are looking for a competent goalkeeper, right back, centre half or a small clutch of promising young players then yes.

Regarding the second part of your question, since Barker and Bailey came back into the side and since we at last have some players to select from up front I don't see other teams creating a whole lot of chances against us. What I do see is some increasingly good play off the ball which you may miss, as it probably happens just off the screen of your laptop.

We were not outplayed by Boro...could of scored 6 in that game,but for poor finishing & amazing keeping.

It depends what the team who are 17th and above are looking for. If they are looking for a competent goalkeeper, right back, centre half or a small clutch of promising young players then yes.

Regarding the second part of your question, since Barker and Bailey came back into the side and since we at last have some players to select from up front I don't see other teams creating a whole lot of chances against us. What I do see is some increasingly good play off the ball which you may miss, as it probably happens just off the screen of your laptop.

Fielding was 3rd choice at a relegation threatened Blackburn last season.. Has he improved that much that he's now the top dog in the NPC and could get games ahead of the likes of Henessey (Wolves), Paddy Kenny (QPR) and Ruddy (Norwich)

Brayford isnt even the best RB in the league, how would he get regular games in the PL? Maybe in the future, or as a backup.. Barker and Shackell have no chance IMO.. Promising players? I thought this was a question about who is PL quality.. Being a youngster for a PL club is different to being a PL player.. The same goes for Derby.. I really do get worried about some people on here.

And what off the ball play do you see that I don't? Minimal.. None that is relevant anyway. As we don't pass it out from the back our 'off the ball movement' comes from those in attacking positions only.. Which I can see everything.

Archived