Racist Chanting

CumbrianRam

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well networker it makes it much better then...... seriously what is wrong with these people. If what is supposed to have happened has happened some blame has to be given to Dalgliesh for not condemning racist name calling by his own players. A horrible club fit for a horrible city.

A man has been arrested over claims by ex-footballer Stan Collymore that he was sent racial abuse on Twitter.

Collymore contacted Staffordshire Police who passed on the complaint to Northumbria Police.

The 21-year-old man, believed to be from the Newcastle area, is currently in police custody on suspicion of racially-aggravated harassment.

Collymore, 40, originally from Cannock, Staffordshire, played for a string of top clubs in his career.

He now works as a broadcaster for talkSPORT.

Collymore also campaigns against racism and is a supporter of the charity Depression Alliance.

A spokeswoman for Northumbria Police said: "Just after midnight police received a complaint of racist comments that had been made on Twitter.

"Officers are carrying out inquiries."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-16455531

With regards to Stan Collymore, if i were a high profile figure i just wouldn't go on twitter. Your always going to gert some idiot who remembers you scoring against his club going to give you some stick.

i agree mate,these footballers on twitter are just asking for grief from opposition fans

So, just becausw he's a black ex pro, he shouldn't bother incase someone hurls racist abuse his way?

No of course not, i was referring to anyone who is in line to get some grief. Any 'celebrity' figure. It doesn't matter what colour their skin is. Didn't Darren Gibson the Man United player come off Twitter because of all the crap he got on there from United fans?

No of course not, i was referring to anyone who is in line to get some grief. Any 'celebrity' figure. It doesn't matter what colour their skin is. Didn't Darren Gibson the Man United player come off Twitter because of all the crap he got on there from United fans?

Sorry pal, misread your first post.

Twitter typifies the Collymore and Savage type though, attention lovers of any kind be it football love or racial hatred.

Liverpool and Merseyside Police are investigating an incident of alleged abuse from fans towards Oldham Athletic defender Tom Adeyemi.

The 20-year-old was visibly upset late in his side's 5-1 FA Cup third round defeat at Anfield on Friday.

The game was stopped for a period of time while Adeyemi alerted referee Neil Swarbrick to the incident.

However, Merseyside Police confirmed that no arrests has been made for "racially aggravated behaviour".

A Liverpool statement said: "An incident occurred in the second half of the match which is now being investigated by both the club and the police.

"We will continue to work closely with the police to establish the details of what actually happened and will make a further statement in due course."

Oldham manager Paul Dickov revealed he had not spoken to the player about the incident, but accepted something had upset him.

"From my point of view I have not spoken to Tom about it but I know the kid and something has been said," said Dickov.

"He is a placid boy, a kid who has been well-educated with a fantastic temperament and has been with us since the end of August and I've never seen him raise his voice.

"For him to react like that it is obvious something has been said but what has been said I don't know because I've not had a chance to ask - I was too busy praising my players.

"He is fine now. He has calmed down. He is a laid-back kid who just gets on with business.

Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish

"Our players went and calmed him down and the Liverpool players did as well, which was fantastic and is why they are top professionals."

The incident involving Adeyemi compounds a difficult few weeks for Liverpool, who were without Luis Suarez for the match against the Latics as the striker serves an eight-match ban for racially abusing Manchester United defender Patrice Evra at Anfield in October.

Oldham gave their Premier League opponents a scare when Robbie Simpson fired in from 30 yards, but goals from Craig Bellamy, Steven Gerrard, from the penalty spot, Jonjo Shelvey, Andy Carroll and Stewart Downing sealed Liverpool's passage to the fourth round.

"The scoreline is a bit flattering really," said Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish, who made eight changes to the side that lost to Manchester City on Tuesday.

"Oldham did their club and their manager proud.

"They created one or two threatening situations for themselves, especially in the first half, so getting back as quickly as we did with the equaliser helped us.

"But the scoreline does not reflect the distance between the two teams on that performance."

Apparantly he was on the pitch in tears. Good for Steven Gerrard for doing what he could to console him. Nobody should have to put up with this kind of abuse, it doesn't matter what profession you're in - it's totally vile, all of it.

You don't have to be a celebrity to have disgraceful, disgusting and racial comments said to you via twitter, Facebook and any other social media. There is a certain 22 year old Forest fan on twitter whose tweets to #dcfcfans are downright disgraceful. If I were his parents I would be most upset that I have dragged up my boy to have such a disrespectful atitude.

You just have to read Stan Collymores timeline to see what he went through on Friday. He took a screen image of all the lads tweets and reported them. The guy deserved to be arrested. Social media was not designed for people to be abused.

They guy at Anfield, if proved guilty, should be banned from all grounds. Not one single person should be subjected to abuse at there workplace. It even reduced the poor lad to tears. He was only doing the job he loves and then he gets this. The guy who did it should hang his head shame.

Just a question guys: does chanting "we hate Leeds scum" have a same effect as racist chanting to the person it is aimed at?

Just speaking to my mate who went the game. It wasn't racist chanting, it was coin throwing.

The presenter on ITV football show last night said a 20 year old has been arrested with racial abuse, and some other terminology that I can't remember, but sounded like the Terry charge.

Interesting debate going on elsewhere...

Everyone seems to agree that the offender should be banned for life but how is this any different from the Suarez incident, all he got was 8 games...

It is no different at all to the Suarez incident, maybe he should have been banned for longer than he has been. There is no place for racism

Archived