Dean Leacock

Subman

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We only seemed to play sound defensively in that promo year when Dean was in the side.

Hope you read this as Id guess most of us are gratefull for your efforts.

just so we are clear on this Dean, if you are reading this, which I would LOVE to think you are....Please go...please...one of the most over rated players in our recent history, the sooner we are rid of the wages you suck from us every day the better.

Thanks...but no thanks.

just so we are clear on this Dean, if you are reading this, which I would LOVE to think you are....Please go...please...one of the most over rated players in our recent history, the sooner we are rid of the wages you suck from us every day the better.

Thanks...but no thanks.

Bit harsh mate!!!

Thanks...but no thanks.

I think that you rate him even less than I do, because apart from being pulled out of position too easily, diving into tackles needlessly, giving away stupid free kicks,, clearly not knowing where the player he is supposed to be marking is a lot of the time, getting booked unnecessarily and taking touches on the ball which are for Dean Leacock and not the team. I think he is OK.

I think that you rate him even less than I do, because apart from being pulled out of position too easily, diving into tackles needlessly, giving away stupid free kicks,, clearly not knowing where the player he is supposed to be marking is a lot of the time, getting booked unnecessarily and taking touches on the ball which are for Dean Leacock and not the team. I think he is OK.

Yep, it looks like I do, because you forgot to mention that he is the only centre half I have ever seen who doesn't seem to be able to head it in the direction he is facing, and can't kick it more than 10 metres.

He spent too much time dreaming of being Rio Ferdinand (awful player by the way) and not enough time dreaming of being like Rob Hindmarch.

The sooner he is gone, the better for everyone.

Yep, it looks like I do, because you forgot to mention that he is the only centre half I have ever seen who doesn't seem to be able to head it in the direction he is facing, and can't kick it more than 10 metres.

He spent too much time dreaming of being Rio Ferdinand (awful player by the way) and not enough time dreaming of being like Rob Hindmarch.

The sooner he is gone, the better for everyone.

Behave - deano's heading is better than claude.

Agree - with the rest - too many occasions where his mind was not on the job.

Behave - deano's heading is better than claude.

Agree - with the rest - too many occasions where his mind was not on the job.

You think so? I am not so sure myself, I think his heading is about as good as my dogs...

if the ball is in the air, he runs at it blindly and sometimes it flicks off his head and it goes the way his is facing, sometimes it goes backwards but most of the time he just misses it completely and he ends up lying on the grass trying to lick his own balls..... and so does my dog sometimes.

I think quite a lot of you are being unfair on the guy... He was a great defender for us for quite a while... always very composed on the ball...

Yes... he made a few mistakes like a lot of championship level defenders do... but most of the time he was an asset to the team...

I think it's a shame that he seems to have taken such a knock in confidence and form in the last coupla years and do think that it's time for him to move on... but don't think we should knock a player who was good for us...

You think so? I am not so sure myself, I think his heading is about as good as my dogs...

if the ball is in the air, he runs at it blindly and sometimes it flicks off his head and it goes the way his is facing, sometimes it goes backwards but most of the time he just misses it completely and he ends up lying on the grass trying to lick his own balls..... and so does my dog sometimes.

you might be right - i suppose we should be thankful that neither play for us - (not dissing your dog....)

i think the real problem would be if deano, your dog - or even claude for that matter, were licking other people's balls....

Leacock was brilliant during our promotion season, since then he has been pretty bad!

He was integral to our promotion under Billy Davies, same with Moore and Bywater.

I was led to believe that deano has had issues away from the game that have impacted upon his performance.

I fit, focused DL is an asset to any CC team - but we have all seen the other side to him too. Add high wages to the mix and the form of other members of the squad and it is no surprise that he's going.

Archived