Claims to Fame

mozza

Back in the 80's on Big match days at the BBG they would bring out some poor old TUP( Male Sheep) to you city folk.....

and it would be dragged around the pitch by a Lady.... She lives in my village and does a lot of work for charity. Mate.....

Also back in the day I would help out in our Family Village shop. One day Edwina Curry came into the shop and bought half a dozon eggs off me......

Around the same time Yazz out of Yazz and the plastic population also came into the shop and asked for direction.... She was well fit!! Look I was only in my teens....

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my dad once held the door open for Ol' Big 'Ed in a pub in the nottingham area whilst he was at Florest

Ooh, that reminds me - Brian walked right past behind me at the Moat Ground when Burton played Gresley about a year before his death. He left with about 10 to go I think.

Spoke to Kevin Lloyd (Tosh) at the Assembly rooms, I told him that he owed me a fiver... I have no idea why - I think drink was in both of us.

Got smashed with Kev Kennedy (Lofty in Corrie) back stage at a Men They Couldnt Hang gig I ended up shirtless and he signed my torso (Thats not me being a groupie tart, I was out of it and the band were using me as a plaything!)

Bumped into Nigel Clough doing some shop lifting at M&S Toddington services, nice guy, posed for photos with my kids. He asked if id been anywhere nice, I said We've been to watch Derby beat Watford... how 'bout you?

I've got a couple...was once behind Kevin Costner in a Jack in the box drive thru (6 yrs ago)

I was amazed at the time because he was in a battered up old jeep, with no roof.

Went to see the Bruno/Tyson fight in Las Vegas, and had breakfast in the 24hr cafe at the

Hilton Hotel, at the the table on one side of us was Mickey Duff (fight promoter) and Larry

Homes and his family - who was laughing hysterically because Duff said that Bruno had come

to win. At the table on the other side was the helicopter pilot from Magnum, Marvis Frazier

(joes son) and Jim Hill (sports presenter in the US not the English guy with the chin)

When I go to the local post office, I often see the actor that used to play John Steed in the

Avengers (cant remember his name now)

Also met Eric Burdon from the Animals in one of the local restaurants.

Also one of my friends when I was 6/7 yrs old was John Wetton, played bass guitar/lead vocals

with Asia etc..

This is the best...

Walking past Park Lane Hotel in Piccadilly on the way to a Royal Society of St George Dinner when a limo pulls up and David Badiel steps out (at the time of Badiel and Skinner).

The wife goes 'oh, its him!'.

He says very smoothly 'Hiieeey !'

My wife then says (without thinking) 'I prefer the other one!'

Used to be friends with Yakka Banovic (80-84) played golf, snooker together. Once went to Birmingham with him watch play in 5-side tournament, when walking out after kept getting asked for his autograph, also got asked for my autograph, thought we were team mates, have lost touch with him now, and would like to hear from him again.

O! O! O!... I have another....

Having a quiet drink with my mate in a secluded pub in a London mews, there was only us and a couple inside with one set of parents. I go in for a piss and had to brush past the couple who were in the corridor getting off. I remember thinking 'what a tramp' she was wearing Ron Hills and a cowboy hat.

When I re joined my mate outside he goes - 'thats Chris Evens init?' It was him and Billy Piper!

... So technically, albeit for only one second I had a threesome with them.

O! O! O!... I have another....

Having a quiet drink with my mate in a secluded pub in a London mews, there was only us and a couple inside with one set of parents. I go in for a piss and had to brush past the couple who were in the corridor getting off. I remember thinking 'what a tramp' she was wearing Ron Hills and a cowboy hat.

When I re joined my mate outside he goes - 'thats Chris Evens init?' It was him and Billy Piper!

... So technically, albeit for only one second I had a threesome with them.

Could start another thread ..'Have you ever s*****d anyone famous ?'..but I wont. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

{content}
I used to coach Lee Holmes at cricket and live 30 yds from his mm and dad.[/indent]

{content}
I went to school with Ron Webster's son and Ron took us for PE for a year 77/78 i guess[/indent]

{content}
Jeffery Holland (Spike in Hi-de-Hi) was at the next urinal to me in a pub in Pompey and he farted. I said 'More tea vicar?' and he laughed[/indent]

{content}
I got chased out of the Park Plaza pub in Nottingham for singing the Cheer Up Ricky Ponting song to the Aussie cricket team after we beat them at Trent Bridge 5-6 years ago[/indent]

{content}
I used to go out with a woman who went out with Jarvis Cocker [/indent]

Back in the day I have sold alcohol to....

Gina G - bottle of vodka and a bottle of lime cordial.

Jim Smith.

Marco Gabbiadini. He accused me of wrong changing him

Nigel Clough. Two bottles of Soave.

Jim Smith.

Fergal Sharkey.

Keith Loring.

The Levellers. They bought a lot of red stripe!

Think that's it.

Ooh I once said hello to Bill Oddie in Derby railway station.

I've been wracking me brains to think of something impressive to say. I failed miserably cos the only famous people I've seen are

Paul Shane off Hi-di-hi. Arrogant, egotistical, sweaty erbert that he is (he thought he was the bee's knees at a boozer in Mexborough)

The Spurs team when Linekar & Gazza played for them, Bramhall Lane in the 80's

Erm..... I'm missing somebody...... oh yeah - Dana and Cannon & Ball!! Blackpool front in the pissing rain. Also in the 80's. And, if anybody can remember Seth from Emmerdale Farm, I served him his dinner once when I was waitressing at the Masonic Hall in Barnsley.

How's that for excitement campers 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mellow' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':mellow:' />

My grandad played a couple of games for Derbyin 1950/51 season as a 18/19 yr old. Also Martin Taylor goes in the pub I used to run and spent many nights chatting to him about football, he was at Burton at the time and I left 2 months before he came to derby.

Oh I just remembered I served Niall from 1 direction after the West Ham match, had his I.D out ready, was tempted to confiscate it saying it was fake!! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

Archived