Training Ground Bust-Up!?!?!

Ambitious

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not of him, no.

As a footballer, surely you'd want to be playing.

For someone who isn't paid the most, money is more important..

For someone who is minted already and would rather sit on the bench for 40k a week rather than play everygame for 25k a week you'd have a point..

But Leacock would have to drop from near $10k a week to about $3k a week tops to become a regular at someone like Peterborough or Barnsley.. For him it's not worth it, he's going to get a club and a $2k or $3k a week anyway offer come June, for the sake of his family and well-being it would be in his best interest to gather up the cash now..

$10k a week is alot of money to be earning a week and that can support your family really well.. $2k on other hand whilst is also really good it's not a life changing amount of money.. Theres alot more you can do earning $10k a week than $3k a week whereas there isn't that much more you can do earning $40k a week rather than $25k a week, hence footballers like Leacock sitting on a big contract rather than looking for first team football.

For someone who is minted already and would rather sit on the bench for 40k a week rather than play everygame for 25k a week you'd have a point..

But Leacock would have to drop from near $10k a week to about $3k a week tops to become a regular at someone like Peterborough or Barnsley.. For him it's not worth it, he's going to get a club and a $2k or $3k a week anyway offer come June, for the sake of his family and well-being it would be in his best interest to gather up the cash now..

$10k a week is alot of money to be earning a week and that can support your family really well.. $2k on other hand whilst is also really good it's not a life changing amount of money.. Theres alot more you can do earning $10k a week than $3k a week whereas there isn't that much more you can do earning $40k a week rather than $25k a week, hence footballers like Leacock sitting on a big contract rather than looking for first team football.

That is if a club in the championship sign him. By the time June comes round he would have not played a proper game of football at 1st team level at CB for approx year and half. That is some time out of first team football especially for a player who has only really played at championship level and one season in prem league in a team with the worst defensive history.

He could be like Claud Davis playing in League 1 or 2. He needs to be out at least on loan for the second half of the season to stand the chance of getting a good contract.

10k a week.

10000 x 52 = £520000 before tax. Is it right that anybody in the UK earning such an amount is taxed 50%? So he's on about £260000 a year?

That's more than I'll earn for the rest of my life!

But I forget, people want to travel the world and buy a second home, fund a new car or buy an extension.

**** off!

Hey Ramblur. Welcome back.

And **** a brick Bris! 2k a week would change my life considerably!

What can you do with 2k a week?.. Say $100k a year.. You can buy a nice house, have a nice car, nice holidays.. But you're not rich.. $10k a week, or say $500k a year is a hell of a lot more money that would seperate a guy from being 'well off and comfortable' to a guy whose 'rich'..

I know most here would chop off a finger to be earning $2k a week.. But that's not the point, IMO Leacock is doing exactly the right thing by him by not wanting to be paid off for less.. If I was him I'd continue training, playing reserve team action, motivate myself for a summer move whilst enjoying my $10k a week.

He's still getting the training, reserve team action etc.. If he's paid off he can only join someone during January, which would possibly leave him jobless for 5 months earning nothing should a deal not materialise. A loan move would be a good deal like RotherhamRam says, but no-one will want to pay the wages.

10k a week.

10000 x 52 = £520000 before tax. Is it right that anybody in the UK earning such an amount is taxed 50%? So he's on about £260000 a year?

But I forget, people want to travel the world and buy a second home, fund a new car or buy an extension.

**** off!

The fact it's more than you'll ever earn doesn't mean he should cancel his contract, does it? No one (unless anyone knows Leacock) can speculate about what he spends his money on, and relatively his disposable income might not be as much as people think.

10k a week.

**** off!

Yes, absolutely it is. No one deserves that. The majority of people earning that are footballers, models, actors, TV presenters and lucky businessmen.

No doctors, brain surgeons, engineers, architects or nurses there.

Besides, you're not taxed at 50% directly, only some of that money is.

2k a week would do me nicely. And Leacock. He's not going to be earning 10k a week for very much longer if he's worth it as footballer or not. He's not even got a decade left of his career.

The fact it's more than you'll ever earn doesn't mean he should cancel his contract, does it? No one (unless anyone knows Leacock) can speculate about what he spends his money on, and relatively his disposable income might not be as much as people think.

I think he should take a good look in the mirror and see what he wants from his life, and get on with it.

It's obvious he doesn't want to be a footballer anymore.

Being the millionaire that he most definitely is, unless he's wasted it, he's got plenty of cash to fund whatever it is he'll want to do many times over.

He's got a guaranteed wage for the rest of his life.

Earn it?

People complain about job seekers claiming the dole.

Cannot blame Leacock.

If people on here were on a 1 year contract earing £500k (I'd be amazed if it was £10k a week he is on, probably more around £6-7k) to do a role, and then that role changed to being a paperboy but on the same money - you would still do it as it's more than likely your only chance to continue earning that level of salary.

If the club cannot agree a mutual termination, then should start looking to loan him out and see if we can get £2-3k contribution from someone.

Cannot blame Leacock.

If people on here were on a 1 year contract earing £500k (I'd be amazed if it was £10k a week he is on, probably more around £6-7k) to do a role, and then that role changed to being a paperboy but on the same money - you would still do it as it's more than likely your only chance to continue earning that level of salary.

If the club cannot agree a mutual termination, then should start looking to loan him out and see if we can get £2-3k contribution from someone.

Some people might, sure.

Personally, I couldn't do it. It's not the money that's important to me, it's the role I'm playing.

Leacock could do a million and one things, but instead he's wasting money...imo, could be better spent anywhere else, not neccesarily football or players.

What is this two players have a bust up then why not say Clough had a bust up with a player before cancelling his contract.

Lets be fair Riggott was probably signed as he was fit at the time to cover for the loss of Barker and to partner Shackell. If I remember rightly I think Dundee or another SPL team were looking at signing Anderson. With Barkers injury we needed an option at CB to play with Shackell as OB was probably not thought to be quite ready as pretty much everyone believed before watching him.

Riggott is an experienced player who had played prem football and a true derby fan and I for one wanted it to work out. We are coming up to January and yes he had completed 90 minutes (what some 5 months after signing) after what a 4 month lay off. Clough has looked at the fact that Barker and Shackell fit, we had OB fit until the injury however we also have Tom Naylor, Brayford and Buxton who can cover CB. We are attempting to save money at this time so would Riggott realistically get a game and he is a risk to keep on books with injury record. Sentiment has no place in football nowadays sad to say. Fully understand the reason for cancelling contract.

What is this two players have a bust up then why not say Clough had a bust up with a player before cancelling his contract.

Lets be fair Riggott was probably signed as he was fit at the time to cover for the loss of Barker and to partner Shackell. If I remember rightly I think Dundee or another SPL team were looking at signing Anderson. With Barkers injury we needed an option at CB to play with Shackell as OB was probably not thought to be quite ready as pretty much everyone believed before watching him.

Riggott is an experienced player who had played prem football and a true derby fan and I for one wanted it to work out. We are coming up to January and yes he had completed 90 minutes (what some 5 months after signing) after what a 4 month lay off. Clough has looked at the fact that Barker and Shackell fit, we had OB fit until the injury however we also have Tom Naylor, Brayford and Buxton who can cover CB. We are attempting to save money at this time so would Riggott realistically get a game and he is a risk to keep on books with injury record. Sentiment has no place in football nowadays sad to say. Fully understand the reason for cancelling contract.

I am not saying it did happen but heard this rumour today and thought I would ask the question if anyone else had heard anything.

I found it hard to believe that if it had happened it had not been leaked already, however, the rumour has supposedly come from family of a player, albeit via another person.

What you said does sound like a perfectly legitimate case but find it surprising that NC waited so long to terminate his contract when it looked quite clear that he was struggling to get fit.

Archived