James Bailey

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its not that I dont trust the board, its very clear to me from everthing that has been said that we are over a budget that has been put in place, as you quite rightly say, the owners have asked the managers to run the club within its means.

Therefore they would have a duty to look at any offer that came in for a player, regardless of if they are on a low wage or not, we have already heard that another offer would not be made to Green as we have to stick to a budget, so why would it be beyond the realms of possibility that we sell him ?

Money is tight Cornwall but only in the sense we have a business model to achieve. High earners/under achievers out before replacements in. I may have £1million personally but I would expect my managers (Clough/Glick) to run my business within it's means. I don't want to waste my personal money.

But none of us know that money is tight due to a business plan or cashflow issues or preparing for a levereged buyout or even a mask to cover an impending spending spree.

I still contend that there is an apparently constant need to cut costs and to conclude that this is an indication of good management is based wishful thinking rather than empirical evidence.

Tom Glick claimed that the club could sustain a wage bill of £10.5m - it was reported that this had been achieved last season - with the current high earners in post It is unlikely that the incoming players during the summer cost more in wages than the outgoing ones, therefore it appears that the wage budget has been reduced. This appears to me a need to cut costs.

Both Glick and Clough claimed that we needed a talismanic centre forward (after Tyson and Maguire were signed), a midfield general and cover at full back to attempt a top six finish. Clearly these players did not arrive. From that it is possible to infer that the management consider the squad below standard. Therefore, there is a clear imperative to spend some more money. That the club are prepared to run with abn understrength squad suggests that money is, indeed, tight.

I don't know any more than anyone else but I'm pretty sure you're right. That's the bottom line. If they were serious about Clough getting a team ready for the promotion push, we'd have that midfield general and perhaps a right sided player as well. We are aiming for a position between 10th and 14th. Anything better is a bonus as far as the Club is concerned. It wouldn't surprise me at all if we lose someone we want to keep along the way. Money talks.

Some people are a bit dumb, if we were offered £250,000 for Jason Shackell, the board aren't going to say: "Gee, we could use £250,000 right about now", they would [hopefully] tell the other team to f**k off. I don't see how this is any different with Bailey, Brayford, Ward, Fielding, Barker etc. If someone offers seven figures for a player in Nigel's plans, then there is a tough decision to make.

Some people are a bit dumb, if we were offered £250,000 for Jason Shackell, the board aren't going to say: "Gee, we could use £250,000 right about now", they would [hopefully] tell the other team to f**k off. I don't see how this is any different with Bailey, Brayford, Ward, Fielding, Barker etc. If someone offers seven figures for a player in Nigel's plans, then there is a tough decision to make.

Spot on.

PistoldPete2

Spot on.

This is the daftest rumour I think I have ever heard.

£250k wouldnt buy James Baileys big toe. And anyway why would he want to join Palace?

But none of us know that money is tight due to a business plan or cashflow issues or preparing for a levereged buyout or even a mask to cover an impending spending spree.

I still contend that there is an apparently constant need to cut costs and to conclude that this is an indication of good management is based wishful thinking rather than empirical evidence.

Totally agree with that, rumours are that there were large losses last season, we will find out at the latest possible time as usual and the Yanks are not happy about keeping putting money in to cover. They are still running at 10m just for players wages, well over what was planned and if non player wages, ni etc take that up another 2 to 3 mill that would still not be that much below total turnover.

If true my worry is every player who another club may want may be open to offer.

This is the daftest rumour I think I have ever heard.

£250k wouldnt buy James Baileys big toe. And anyway why would he want to join Palace?

After his performance today....would take £2.50

Lacked effort,prima dona,looking to play the wonder pass rather than keeping it simple.

Cant remember seeing a worst midfield display than him today.

Dont even want to call it a performance because the lad didnt turn up or put any effort in or pass to a collegue all game.

Needs to eff the sunbed off & practice finding a collegue with a pass.

I would take 1 million for him, anything less tell them to hop it. I would be delighted with 1.5 or more and drive him to the club of his choice for that.

If we sold our most influential player for that, I'd either cry or die.

Its a good job he isnt our most influential midfielder then.

After his performance today....would take £2.50

Lacked effort,prima dona,looking to play the wonder pass rather than keeping it simple.

Cant remember seeing a worst midfield display than him today.

Dont even want to call it a performance because the lad didnt turn up or put any effort in or pass to a collegue all game.

Needs to eff the sunbed off & practice finding a collegue with a pass.

BAILEY OUT!! GET RID!!

Dude are you really that shallow? It was one game. He had a bad day like we all do. It never cost us anything. Get a grip.

Its a good job he isnt our most influential midfielder then.

When Bailey plays well, we play well.

He is the beginning of every good move.

He intercepts crucial balls.

He picks out world class passes.

When he's in the team, our points-per-game average is that of a promotion team. Without him, it's relegation levels.

Need I go on?

Bryson, Green, Davies, Hendrick - none of them compare.

When Bailey plays well, we play well.

He is the beginning of every good move.

He intercepts crucial balls.

He picks out world class passes.

When he's in the team, our points-per-game average is that of a promotion team. Without him, it's relegation levels.

Need I go on?

Bryson, Green, Davies, Hendrick - none of them compare.

I generally agree. I'd just like a few more of these games from him.

Archived