James Bailey

DcFc Dyycheee

The Mirror is the worse paper ever.

How much do they think he cost us?

Clough wouldn't let him go. If he's fit, he plays.

I can make a better rumour than that. How about "'Hands off Whittingham' says Cardiff boss as County plot a £2m swoop for the midfield ace"

See? Easy.

The rule is you have to call us 'County' like every window licking journalist does.

Next?

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a Mirror style rumour. Call it a Mirror image. Go on, have a go!

What about "wantaway midfielder Paul Green is set to reject a contract at Derby in favour of January switch to promotion chasing Leeds. The Yorkshire club hope to reignite their season by offering Derby a 'take it or leave it' deal of £350k for the Irish international."

I can see why The Mirror do it. It's kinda fun and a quick scope on a forum to see who fans are talking about heats up a topic. Seriously, start a Thread about Cywka hating Clough and You'll read about his changing room brawl in The Mirror next week.

" County's Clough sees Red"

Derby County manager Nigel Clough is set to follow in his dad's footsteps and take the reins at struggling Notts Forest. The Mirror understands that Clough is pained to see the current plight of the once great Nottingham outfit, and as a former player he is desperate to get them back to winning ways. Clough,43, refused to comment but was spotted exiting a local high street shop with a green sweatshirt therefore confirming that a departure from Pride Park is imminent.

It is 2013 Carl 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

We got a lot of contracts ending at the end of this season including

Gareth Roberts

Lee croft

Cwyka

Conor Doyle

Squads gonna look pretty thin soon

2013 already? :OI know 2012 was a leap year but I didnt think it leaped the whole year!

burton hitman set to join county

burton striker zola set to make the switch to pride park in the january window.

zola has scored 8 goals so far this term and clough sees him as the targetman county need to fire them into the play offs

its great fun...i too can see why they do it

burton hitman set to join county

burton striker zola set to make the switch to pride park in the january window.

zola has scored 8 goals so far this term and clough sees him as the targetman county need to fire them into the play offs

its great fun...i too can see why they do it

Nooooo! I'd rather have Billy Kee!

Hold on...

This is The Mirror. The Mirror that claimed Nigel Clough was on the verge of joining f*rest.

I think you know what to do with this story.

Use it as bog roll?

Hold on...

This is The Mirror. The Mirror that claimed Nigel Clough was on the verge of joining f*rest.

I think you know what to do with this story.

Yes what a load of rubbish, its not as though we suddenly tied Clough down to a long term contract not long after this story broke.....oh wait.

Probably is a load of rubbish, but given that we are over budget at the moment, it wouldnt surprise me if all players have there price.

Yes what a load of rubbish, its not as though we suddenly tied Clough down to a long term contract not long after this story broke.....oh wait.

Probably is a load of rubbish, but given that we are over budget at the moment, it wouldnt surprise me if all players have there price.

Negotiations before that story. He was offered a contract because he deserves one, not because a paper full of forest sports journalists made up a load of old ballsack.

People get paid a lot of money for this dross, what a lazy piece of journalism.

As said, load of **** but would be disappointed with him leaving. People may say Palace is a dump but it's an attractive club purely because of London Town.

Negotiations before that story. He was offered a contract because he deserves one, not because a paper full of forest sports journalists made up a load of old ballsack.

Just coincidence that there was no rush to sit down and discuss the contract prior to the story, and then hey presto a new 3 year deal is agreed 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':unsure:' />

Every players has their price, but I doubt that £250k is Bailey's. He's very much in Nigel's plans, probably cost more than that, and is unlikely to be on a huge wage. I believe that GSE will take any decent offers for any player, but this does not constitue a decent offer.

Every players has their price, but I doubt that £250k is Bailey's. He's very much in Nigel's plans, probably cost more than that, and is unlikely to be on a huge wage. I believe that GSE will take any decent offers for any player, but this does not constitue a decent offer.

I tend to agree, and as I said probably a load of rubbish, but the fact is that we have to get rid of players as we are over the budget, this is not an unknown fact, it is stated in pretty much every interview Clough does.

Therefore its more likely that we will be selling rather than buying, and therefore the story is not as far fetched as many make out.

As would any board, at any club in the division.. and the world!

As previously stated we haven't really sold anyone for a poor offer where we've had a choice, with Commons we got money for him not sitting around on his arse waiting for the summer to eventually get his move, as Celtic could of offered him a contract when they brought him..

Hulse was disappointing but in hindsight, such a great decision to let go when we did... when 4million came in and he stayed, disappointing we didn't take that in honesty, but I liked him.

I tend to agree, and as I said probably a load of rubbish, but the fact is that we have to get rid of players as we are over the budget, this is not an unknown fact, it is stated in pretty much every interview Clough does.

Therefore its more likely that we will be selling rather than buying, and therefore the story is not as far fetched as many make out.

Selling players on big wages, Bailey will be on small wages as we signed him when he was an unproven league two midfielder... to as well sell him for less than we paid for him would be madness.

the players we need out are the high earners like Leacock, Bywater, Pearson..etc who are off, getting rid of Bailey wouldn't make much if any difference to our running costs.

Archived