Unthinkable nowadays

curb

I was there that day on the side of the pitch and whilst it may look totally alien to younger supporters that was pretty tame.In the sixties and seventies things were much more "interesting" .Quite strange really part of me thinks you should be able to go to a game without fear of violence but another part of me yearns for the old BBG days when the game was virtually male spectators only and the atmosphere was fantastic but also more violent ,which I am ashamed to say I really enjoyed.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anybody listen to 'My Sporting Life' with Danny Kelly on Talksport (Sunday nights i think)? Brilliant show and downloadable as a podcast from i-tunes. Anyway.....he interviewed Ray Houghton who played for Fulham at the time and he talks about that game. Apparently their manager was telling them not to worry, he'd get the game replayed but none of the players beleived him and they all effed off to Spain on their holidays right after. It funny hearing a player's perspective. Highly recommended.

I was at this match! The bloke I went to the match with, an ex-military policeman neighbour in his 40's, climbed onto the roof of the home dugout at the end of the match and fell straight through! I'd never seen such chaos and delirium from Rams fans! Amazing days!

I was at this match! The bloke I went to the match with, an ex-military policeman neighbour in his 40's, climbed onto the roof of the home dugout at the end of the match and fell straight through! I'd never seen such chaos and delirium from Rams fans! Amazing days!

It was short lived though, didn't we go down the following season?

It was short lived though, didn't we go down the following season?

Yep! Peter Taylor spunked £150,000 we didnt have on John Robertson from Forest, we lost 5-0 at Chelsea on the opening day of the season and ended up in Division Three 9 months later. Then Arthur Cox arrived and the rest is history!

I won't forget the day we went down, we had a 5-a-side tournament at the Asterdale club in Spondon, they announced we'd gone down on the tv at 5 o clock, a load of Forest fans were cheering, then all hell broke loose, 4 of us onto about 15 of them, one of my mates had his cheek broken, another his nose broke and I think the other one is still running!

I remember that happening... was even going to mention it in my post - it was right in front of me I can still picture the man laughing as it happened.

I was about 5 yards up from the lad who tackled the Fulham player. The popside was busier than normal that day because the Ossie End was closed for some reason.

Ended up climbing into the directors area after running across the pitch, lounging across the seats watching the -cough- immature behaviour unfolding before me.

Magic days.

Archived