James Bailey...

Ambitious

remember when ward hit the post in the leeds game? - check out the first time pass to him...

That was a cracker. Same game as a ridiculous pass to Tyson. Box to box almost!

The most frustrating thing about Bailey is injuries. Niggles that cost 5/6 games for 2/3 times a season. The way he's put himself about a bit in the last couple of games is suprising. Didn't expect much of a physical prescence.

I think Bryson is alright, but I'd like to see more confidence on the ball. He can play better than he does. he's like Green in every way, his performance matches the teams. He's not really inspiring/leading the team to play better. Just want to see more of him.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bet our win percentage when he plays is through the roof, both our bad spells in the past 2 season have come after he got injured, coincidence or is he that important?

discuss.. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sleep' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='-_-' />

The facts speak for themselves;

Derby without Bailey - .95 pts per game (relegation form)

Derby with Bailey - 1.64 pts per game (play-off form)

Figures collated since the start of last season.

remember when ward hit the post in the leeds game? - check out the first time pass to him...

If Bueno did it we'd be raving about that pass all season. Sublime.

The side of Bailey's game that needs improving - and this is for Ward as well - is his second half performances. It takes a lot of intelligence to play well when you're tired and both haven't fully got that yet. The two of them can go off the boil by the 60th minute.

If Bueno did it we'd be raving about that pass all season. Sublime.

The side of Bailey's game that needs improving - and this is for Ward as well - is his second half performances. It takes a lot of intelligence to play well when you're tired and both haven't fully got that yet. The two of them can go off the boil by the 60th minute.

Agree totally.

When he arrived Nigel kept banging on about how he was Robbie's replacement, how he could pick a pass, switch play and tidy things up, and he can.

Parts of his play are really good and most of his passes brilliant, surely we don't want him to go flying into tackles? Bryson can do it, he's less of a pretty boy.

agree, good good player and one we should be looking to build round

Bailey shows signs of improvement, not enough yet OK in a game like yesterday but if we go a goal down can he create, can he really get on the ball and dominate I don't really see that. He has put some weight on though and he is much stronger in the tackle, in fact he is beginning to see himself as a bit of a hard man.

I really like Bailey , can pick out a good pass , and is improving game by game, Just wish we had a seth johnson type player to get him the ball and let excel at this instead of making Bailey try and do this , think he is better as a playmaker. Like bryson aswell , has a great engine , just needs a bit more strength, and lets face it , green is going!

When he arrived Nigel kept banging on about how he was Robbie's replacement, how he could pick a pass, switch play and tidy things up, and he can.

Parts of his play are really good and most of his passes brilliant, surely we don't want him to go flying into tackles? Bryson can do it, he's less of a pretty boy.

He needs to sort out his in-car karaoke videos if he's looking to fill Savage's girly boots.

Savage couldn't pass! Not during his Derby days anyway- he used to try the useless chip/ up and under to the edge of the area for the opposition CB's to clear at least 5 times a game! I think that Bryson is really starting to put himself about a bit and get stuck in, I think it is him who has been briefed to close down and win the ball with Bailey intercepting passes rather than full blooded challenging. I can see Bryson turning into some kind of hardman..

Savage couldn't pass! Not during his Derby days anyway- he used to try the useless chip/ up and under to the edge of the area for the opposition CB's to clear at least 5 times a game! I think that Bryson is really starting to put himself about a bit and get stuck in, I think it is him who has been briefed to close down and win the ball with Bailey intercepting passes rather than full blooded challenging. I can see Bryson turning into some kind of hardman..

He is also persisted with that kick free-kick because it worked once!

I like those little drop of the shoulders he does to turn his man, he does them quite a lot. On the other hand you have theo trying to turn his man and its like watching a double decker bus doing a 3 point turn. Thats why i love him.

Archived