Barker or O'Brien

sage

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TBH I can't remember, but I did remember this...

[url=

Ouch, I do remember that post, you caught me out on that one.. Don't go celebrating your defining glory though, we've stll got 21 games left. Also, I've had numerous opportunities to throw out the 'I told you so' threads, which I haven't, because I'm not petty..

Roll on Coventry, the team we aspire to be!

So you're denying saying O'Brien is better then Barker?

Nope, I don't think so.. I don't remember it, perhaps I said it at the same time everyone on this forum were saying we've got a better team than last season and we'll be top half for sure? (After the Forest game)

It wouldn't be normal for someone to completely change their mind over the 4 game stretch, fans being fans an all.. If you can find me a quote I'd appreciate it.

Are you still searching for your moment of glory Sage? Do you honestly expect me to change my mind over everything I believe about DCFC (manager, coaches, staff, players, fans etc.) on the back of 3 scrappy wins on the trot?

I didn't change my mind when we only won 1 in 12 and lost 5 on the bounce, nor did I bring up those embarrassing attempts of mocking me after my post-match reaction on the Watford game, so I'd hardly change my mind now.

Are you still searching for your moment of glory Sage? Do you honestly expect me to change my mind over everything I believe about DCFC (manager, coaches, staff, players, fans etc.) on the back of 3 scrappy wins on the trot?

I didn't change my mind when we only won 1 in 12 and lost 5 on the bounce, nor did I bring up those embarrassing attempts of mocking me after my post-match reaction on the Watford game, so I'd hardly change my mind now.

still not actually seen the games then?

seems to me sage has made a wider point about your posts in general. shame you haven't spotted it.

still not actually seen the games then?

seems to me sage has made a wider point about your posts in general. shame you haven't spotted it.

Yeh because I always leave an empty slot in my schedule to make the 12,000 mile round trip every weekend to watch DCFC play.. Not to mention the weekly $1.2k cost which is more than my natives earn in 6 months

And you're right I haven't spotted the wider point? Is it about changing my mind every 3 games?

Yeh because I always leave an empty slot in my schedule to make the 12,000 mile round trip every weekend to watch DCFC play.. Not to mention the weekly $1.2k cost which is more than my natives earn in 6 months

And you're right I haven't spotted the wider point? Is it about changing my mind every 3 games?

no

Actually i've ben cooking my tea. a lovely curry.

Which do you think is the better centre back to play with Shackell?

Well done Sagie, I spotted straight away that it wasn't a real question, more a case of a very good point well made.

Hats off to you! I hadn't forgotten his comments either

He'll still wriggle out of it and come back with some tosh about the style of the wins or the quality of the opposition.

West Ham were so poor they went back up to second, Leeds beat a fourth placed burnley but they're on the slide. Hull pffft, my gran could beat Hull on her own, even if they were in the top 6 as well!

Bris - give it up fella, concentrate on the predictions league.

Well done Sagie, I spotted straight away that it wasn't a real question, more a case of a very good point well made.

Hats off to you! I hadn't forgotten his comments either

He'll still wriggle out of it and come back with some tosh about the style of the wins or the quality of the opposition.

West Ham were so poor they went back up to second, Leeds beat a fourth placed burnley but they're on the slide. Hull pffft, my gran could beat Hull on her own, even if they were in the top 6 as well!

Bris - give it up fella, concentrate on the predictions league.

So this whole thread was a 'I told you so' thread because we've won 3 games on the trot..

Well I never, I better get saving up for my Wembley ticket now..

Oh I can just picture it, winning 2-0 against Cardiff at Wembley, Barker named man of the match, the best defender in the league and is given a place in Derby Countys best ever starting 11, ahead of the likes of Igor, Mark Wright, Todd who aren't fit enough to lick his boots..

Then we'll reject a $9mill offer for him from Arsenal from the summer, with our board claiming we're not a selling club.

Erm Leeds (lost 4 out of the last 5) WHU (over 10 first team players out) and Hull (lost 50% of their games since NP left them) are all average.

I'm bored with this now..

So this whole thread was a 'I told you so' thread because we've won 3 games on the trot..

Oh I can just picture it, winning 2-0 against Cardiff at Wembley, Barker named man of the match, the best defender in the league and is given a place in Derby Countys best ever starting 11, ahead of the likes of Igor, Mark Wright, Todd who aren't fit enough to lick his boots..

Then we'll reject a $9mill offer for him from Arsenal from the summer, with our board claiming we're not a selling club.

Erm Leeds (lost 4 out of the last 5) WHU (over 10 first team players out) and Hull (lost 50% of their games since NP left them) are all average.

find me one part of my reply that says we're going up, or we should get carried away.

You said Barker was average and you said we wouldnt win 3 in a row again all season. you were wrong on both counts.

Don't go putting words in peoples mouths just cos you've been rumbled bonnie lad.

Hull have also won 50% of their games since NP left - if they did that over a season I'd say they'd be certs for the play offs.

WHU had 10 first teamers out, still named Carlton Cole and John Carew on the bench (as well as 2 other strikers). Poor discipline cost them as much as injury. That is avoidable you know.

How come injuries to first teamers didnt count when our players were out Bris?

In response to a thread by Rotherham Ram suggesting Brayford, Tyson, Green and Barker who greatly improve our team when they are back, you posted the following.

"Who are the two definate first teamers?

Brayford is an automatic..

Tyson, Green and Barker aren't improvements on Robinson, Hendrick and O'Brien.. It will improve our squad should more injuries kick in, but other than Brayford they won't improve our first team"

Then in response to Rotherham saying again that Greena nd Barker will improve the team, you said this.

"I just don't particularly rate them as players Rotherham.. I'm delighted with Hendrick and O'Brien, I think they both deserve to keep their places and IMO they're better players"

Game, Set and Match Old Bean

I'm just glad you're not one of those fickle posters who changes his mind after 3 wins.

find me one part of my reply that says we're going up, or we should get carried away.

You said Barker was average and you said we wouldnt win 3 in a row again all season. you were wrong on both counts.

Don't go putting words in peoples mouths just cos you've been rumbled bonnie lad.

So I didn't think we'd win 3 games on the trot again, and we did.. Well I guess my prediction wasn't as good as my results then..

As for Barker, where is the proof he isn't just an average NPC player? You've been trying to rumble me on this one for ages, 3 games doesn't change my mind...

I really don't get this idea that you think he's more than average? If he was any good he'd either be in a playoff team, won a promotion before, or wanted by top teams.. No proof suggests he's any better than average..

Archived