Hull City v Derby County

Boycie

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fully deserved win.. Being on the back foot for the whole game and snatching a goal on the break

At home to Barnsley, played them off the park, 'we definately deserved to win that, we created far more chances'

Hold on a minute, talk about a contradiction.

Hull would have been gutted with that but I was there in 2005 when we played them off the park under PB and lost 2-1.. Swings and roundabouts.

Defence sounded brilliant, Barks sounding top on form (never thought I'd asy that).. The midfield and attack sounded poor though, we created nothing and we need to keep the ball better.. Take the 1-0 all day though Hull are a top 8 team for sure.

I dont think Hull will be gutted at all Bris, for all the play they had they didn't really create one good chance in the second half. 3-4 shots from distance that didn't really trouble Frank. The only worrying spell for us was when Hull had 3 consecutive corners. That's how solid we were as a defensive unit.

I dont think Hull will be gutted at all Bris, for all the play they had they didn't really create one good chance in the second half. 3-4 shots from distance that didn't really trouble Frank. The only worrying spell for us was when Hull had 3 consecutive corners. That's how solid we were as a defensive unit.

Put the boot on the other foot, and we play a team at home where we 55%+ possession, 11 corners to 0 and 16 shots (ableit some from range) to 4 and you'd come away scratching your head thinking how we'd lost..

IMO Hull will wonder how they lost and they'd take comfort in the fact they were fairly dominant against another team in the top 10.. I said after the Barnsley game that I'd rather us be dominant like that for the majority of our games than play how we did at Watford for the majority..

Not putting a downer on our win, I just feel that we didn't sound particularly impressive (apart from the defence obviously) and that Hull sounded far better. I just find it abit comical how people say we deserve to win when being outplayed (and win 1-0) and we deserve to win when dominating the oppostion (and failing to win)..

We all have our opinions on whether a team deserves to win, mine would be one dominating the other.. (everyone mentioned Blackburn deserving to win at Man Utd, they scored a penalty, a corner and decent individual goal from Yakubu but were dominated for practically the whole match - yet they deserved to win.. Somehow.)

Listening to Metgod and Barker they acknowledge the football was poor.

But I have to agree that it's hard to play well all the time and we can all be over the moon when results like this happen. It's nice that they acknowledge this sort of performance isn't the sort we want to throw out every week. That would worry me.

But the fact we scrapped a win AND we want to play better makes it a very enjoyable win.

Wish we didn't have to wait 2 weeks for Coventry. Palace will be a distraction.

Before anyone rants I'm not trying to make this another Watford away type post-match reaction..

The defence sounded very good and it is difficult to play well all of the time.. Acknowledged.

We played far better away at Ipswich and lost.. Football is a funny game

Barker and Shackell's pairing at the back has us at the most solid that we've been in many a year.

They were brilliant against West Ham, especially in the second half when they just kept lumping it forward into the box, can't remember either of them losing a header.

3 wins in a row over Christmas, when was the last time that happened? I certainly can't remember it in my time of following the Rams over the past 25 years, although that's possibly my failing memory! lol

Well done lads, great Christmas and New Year!

That goal was so very Theo Robinson, air shot, fumbles a bit, trips a bit, gets it stuck under his feet, scuff the shot, through the keepers legs, easy.

And heres to you Theo Robinson, Derby loves you more than you will know, wo wo wo.

The whole back 4 are really impressive.

I never wanted Tyson or Robinson but have to admit they are looking like welcome additions.

The midfield is just the bit that could change the entire style.

On the right it's only half as efficient as the left. The middle can be really good, but can also be invisible. Its too inconsistent. Every partnership seems to give the same mixed results.

Don't understand why. ??

That goal was so very Theo Robinson, air shot, fumbles a bit, trips a bit, gets it stuck under his feet, scuff the shot, through the keepers legs, easy.

And heres to you Theo Robinson, Derby loves you more than you will know, wo wo wo.

Ha! Never convincing but he does have a positive effect on us.

The midfield just needs someone in there to boss them. Bailey, Bryson, Green, Ward, all good players, but none appear to have the forceful personality to command the middle.

If Green does go in January then I'd hope that we address that with whoever we bring in.

Think a stable back four has been the key

Indeed, the last 2 home games left me a little horse................. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wacko' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wacko:' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Think a stable back four has been the key

Agreed, I always thought before the season started we looked to have a decent defence set up, and felt if they all kept fit we wouldnt leak tooooo many, and recent performances seem to show that as they get fitter and stronger together, now it will be interesting to see what the jan sales bring.... cos looking at the league it could be interesting........ 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

PistoldPete2

Before anyone rants I'm not trying to make this another Watford away type post-match reaction..

The defence sounded very good and it is difficult to play well all of the time.. Acknowledged.

We played far better away at Ipswich and lost.. Football is a funny game

I think playing 2 games in 3 days means that the football isnt going to be great. The results are great though, no doubt about that.

Archived