Clough happiest ive seen him for a while

Curtains

. He has been through the mill but some of this has been down to himself but Football Management is a very testing job and its nice to see him with a smile on his face. He said in an interview yesterday he doesn't always enjoy watching the games and I can understand why because he's under so much pressure. He needs the board to back him more than ever now so come on Mr Glick and your bosses. Keep backing the Manager and club

I wasn't sure about Cloughy when he came to Derby. He is getting some good results now but it doesn't excuse his attitude. I think he is arrogant and rude. He has some very good players at the club who he simply refuses to play them which I find astonishing. There are some great players in the academy who deserve a chance, but I'm not sure if he will give them the opportunity. The jury is still out. Still want the best for the team though. Come on The Rams.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He has some very good players at the club who he simply refuses to play them which I find astonishing. There are some great players in the academy who deserve a chance, but I'm not sure if he will give them the opportunity.

Who are these amazing players that he refuses to play. Tomas 'no end product' Cywka, Chris 'don't know if I can be arsed' Maguire. Or superstars like Croft and Martin.

Erm not sure I agree on that one. Clough has real faith in the academy players . Only have to look at the likes of O'Brien and Ball. Then the fact he is throwing in 15/16 year olds into the mix like Bennett and Hughes.

I wasn't sure about Cloughy when he came to Derby. He is getting some good results now but it doesn't excuse his attitude. I think he is arrogant and rude. He has some very good players at the club who he simply refuses to play them which I find astonishing. There are some great players in the academy who deserve a chance, but I'm not sure if he will give them the opportunity. The jury is still out. Still want the best for the team though. Come on The Rams.

i'm with RR on this one.

clough has played youngsters and the 'very good players' refered to are not good enough.

I think it boils down to the fact that he doesn't like some players attitudes - particularly Maguire and Leacock.

We don't know what they're like in training and the dressing room so we're not really in a position to question him on that score.

Where's that come from mate? It dunna fit with the facts at all.

O'Brien

Hendricks

Ball

Hughes

Bennett

that list alone tends to destroy that statement. Add the fact that Clough appointed Wassell to run the academy seperately from the first team management staff (parents had told Clough that they disliked the turnover every year or so when we had 8 managers in 9 years ish).

i'm sure you can find loads to crucify the man over but what he's done/doing with the young players atm is as good as it gets.

Bennett's had a sniff of what its like to play professional football, now its back to the youth teams to continue his learning and concentrate on his education. I struggle to put that down to anything other than good management.

. He has been backed by Tom Glick and his bosses to a certain extent but not as much as some of us would want. Not sure sometimes if this is Nigel being frugal or the Board saying you can't have that player because he costs too much I suspect its the latter. Overall though DCFC as a whole are a well oiled machine but loosening the purse strings to gain promotion may benefit everyone in the long run. Its a big balancing act for Manager and Board hopefully they will achieve their goals

sensible post - the club are making great strides to sort the place out and make it a club that is stable and can progress forward with confidence. still work to do to progress things further over the next 18 months or so but i am happy with the progression we are making, hopefully all of us stay behind NC and the team and we can progress on the pitch too

rubbish mate - there is NOTHING to suggest that NC wont give academy players a chance, quite the opposite infact. its fair to say the academy will be a big part of the derby plan going forward

Where's that come from mate? It dunna fit with the facts at all.

O'Brien

Hendricks

Ball

Hughes

Bennett

that list alone tends to destroy that statement. Add the fact that Clough appointed Wassell to run the academy seperately from the first team management staff (parents had told Clough that they disliked the turnover every year or so when we had 8 managers in 9 years ish).

i'm sure you can find loads to crucify the man over but what he's done/doing with the young players atm is as good as it gets.

Bennett's had a sniff of what its like to play professional football, now its back to the youth teams to continue his learning and concentrate on his education. I struggle to put that down to anything other than good management.

Chris Jones would have probably featured but he picked up an injury.

Hey!!

O'Brien, Ball, Hendrick, Bennett, Hughes just name 5 who have come from the ranks.

Just because he does not pick players you want to see in the side does not make him arrogant. I take it from that you are talking about

Leacock who is no way better that Barker or Shackell.

Maguire, Martin and Cywka who have performed no way near well enough and Ball, Bennett, Green, Bryson, Hendrick and Bailey etc are at this moment playing better and more consistantly.

Who else in our squad at this moment in time would deserve a place in the team at present?

Eeeeh. I honestly think sometimes that Clough is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't!!

We could still win promotion and folk would still call for his head on a block. I'm sure he feels the frustrations of past losses just as much as we do and be constantly looking for ways to improve both himself and the team.

A poster made the point that he is arrogant and rude. Fair enough if that's your opinion - but if I could suggest 2 things.

The first would be that I'm sure he's made comments in the heat of the moment and afterwards considered them again and apologised for - namely about Cywka.

The 2nd thing is, he's definately his fathers son and a certain amount of Brian's way of speaking his mind will be there in Nigel. I think he cops for stuff because he hasn't achieved (yet) what his dad did. If and when he does, I doubt if any fan would have owt negative to say.

We can spout negative stuff about him and not have owt said because it's an opinion. Nigel should be able to have his opinion too. He's only human, just like the rest of us mere mortals.

Sooner have NC arrogant and rude, rather than meek and 'nice'.

I have always respected the way he runs the squad, players have to do two things in training, follow instructions on how the 'team' is expected to play, and then earn your spot in the 'team' by proving yourself on the training pitch. I would not pick a player on the fact that I know that they could/should/would do something to win a match, that is relying on chance. I would pick a 'team' to work as a 'team' to get the job done together.

Archived