What if.......

trooper

Im also fairly sure it was john gregory who plucked yakubu from macabi haifi in israel to train with us and play those reserve games at the start of the first season in div1 after we got relegated.

And im also sure the reason portsmouth were able to sign him successfully a year or two later was by then yakubu had married an italian, and could get round the non EU players rule.

Was only a month or so after 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont think Jones would have been able to stop us getting relegated as our team was well short we would have maybe got a better start though and then given it more of a go. If we had signed Yak we would have been right in with a chance of getting promoted and we may have though Gregory was a good manager

yakubu was going to come under burley not gregory i think , gregory was not a good manager in my view. I still remember the 3-0 defeat at forest.

yakubu was going to come under burley not gregory i think , gregory was not a good manager in my view. I still remember the 3-0 defeat at forest.

No it was gregory mate, he was training with us pre season but couldn't get a work permit. Then he sacked the coach who's name I can't remember who had been caretaker manager and was reserve manager under smith as he told jim smith about him and him and Harry took him to pompey.

No it was gregory mate, he was training with us pre season but couldn't get a work permit. Then he sacked the coach who's name I can't remember who had been caretaker manager and was reserve manager under smith as he told jim smith about him and him and Harry took him to pompey.

Billy McEwan.

Was just thinking back on a couple of players we were massively interested when they were nobodies, and then hit big......

Where would we be now if we had signed them/sold them for big cash.....

Kenwynne jones.... We bottled it last min

Yakubu... Couldn't get a work permit , then magically did

Just a couple off top of my head that have cost big price tags!!

And if my aunty had balls she'd be my uncle

your right, i was thinking of benjani who burley tried to bring over.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived