Transfer Latest

DCFC_4_LIFE

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

woops I meant Ward not Tyson. Anyway it can be a useful way to strengthen the squad. Signing players for fees sometimes backfires as can loan deals. Martin arrived on a loan deal and it has been a bad move. Maguire arrived for a sizeable compensation fee and looks like he may never make it here.

I'm glad you've mentioned Maguire as i do find that a strange signing ....surely Nigel and his backroom boys did there homework .... (please tell me they did there homework on Maguire) ... when it was rumoured that he was going to join us i went on some of the Aberdeen forums and they were pretty upset that he was leaving as they saw him as a very decent player, so it begs the question what has happened to him since he arrived ?.

Ward won't go. His post match interview as good as says that. He came to Derby because of how Clough spoke to him and he turned down QPR to come here ( all be it because we put a permanent offer on the table) he also said that he owes a lot to Clough and Derby for getting his football back on track

I agree 1) he doesnt want to go, because he knows clough believes in him.

2) the leicester link is only because Pearson at leicester likes him.

On the week he signed for derby, Hull (with pearson their manager at the time) bid for him and offered him more money than derby did, only for Ward to come to derby anyway after a successfull loan spell

I agree 1) he doesnt want to go, because he knows clough believes in him.

2) the leicester link is only because Pearson at leicester likes him.

On the week he signed for derby, Hull (with pearson their manager at the time) bid for him and offered him more money than derby did, only for Ward to come to derby anyway after a successfull loan spell

I'm sure if they say we will double your money he won't be intested.

on that, which your probably right on, I guess we will continue to be a selling club until a) we become proper promotion candidates ourselves, 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='B)' /> we start showingf ambition and spending cash on players.

Commons went due to club not showing any signs of promotion, Green will do the same shortly.

Ward might fall into that category at some point soon.

When a players personal ambition outweighs the clubs, then its time to move on!

Wake up and smell the coffee GSE

Its worth remembering that Robinson Tyson and

Fielding all started out as loans. If players come in who strengthen the squad then what is the problem. The board are being tight but that is the way footie is going to go for a while.

Ward let slip on BBC derby when interviewed after the Leeds game that he actually signed permanently in feb last year. Lol. Bet clough wont b happy with that

I have a feeling Cywka and Maguire are very lazy trainers, they're both decent players and you can't question that IMO but Clough rightfully wants players pulling in one direction, if Cywka and Maguire are both ignoring their basic instructions set by Clough then it's probably why they're not playing.

For instance with Ball, Clough seemed reluctant to play him for a while even though he was scoring in the reserves, but recently he has knocked priskin out the team, and Clough has said how well he has taken on the instructions set to him... that's what I'd put it down to.

Maguire when he has played, has shown the 2 sides of him.. against Portsmouth his flicks, touches and passing were all done with a bit of class, when they haven't come off it seems to de-rail him quickly and when he got taken off and he through that hissy fit, infront of Clough... it was obvious he would be cast out in the cold.

Cywka, is a player Derby fans rave about constantly and think it's some sort of conspiracy that he isn't playing, and I do agree he does seem to get a hard time, he is a player that needs a run of games IMO, obviously picking a position for him gets a bit jaded, because he likes to pick the ball up deep in the oppositions half and play with it that way, he doesn't like to track back and seems transparent off the ball and when we're defending, if he was a player of considerably better ability he would get away with it, but for the moment he doesn't.

on that, which your probably right on, I guess we will continue to be a selling club until a) we become proper promotion candidates ourselves, 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='B)' /> we start showingf ambition and spending cash on players.

Commons went due to club not showing any signs of promotion, Green will do the same shortly.

Ward might fall into that category at some point soon.

When a players personal ambition outweighs the clubs, then its time to move on!

Wake up and smell the coffee GSE

commons went because he is a lazy, greedy, selfish pr*ck- nothing to do with the clubs ambition and all to do with his wallet and fat arse

commons went because he is a lazy, greedy, selfish pr*ck- nothing to do with the clubs ambition and all to do with his wallet and fat arse

Doesn't play much either. Can you imagine if he's stayed and not played.

Make a list here of whose fault that would have been...........

So you wouldn't have moved to one of Brtitains premier clubs if they came in for you when you were playing for a tin pot championship club with a poor squad and no ambition!

Only a fool would turned the move down.

I say thanks for the memories Kris. You did us proud.

I don't get this ambition stuff, if the club takes in less than it pays out either that matter is addressed or the owners keep putting money in.

No fan can reasonably expect owners to keep as Noel Gallagher said "set fire to your own money". Look what happened to Lionel, it just so happens that the previous managers wasted so much money on crap that it is taking so long to turn round.

One thing we have got now is players who if the club needed could raise some decent money and that at least gives some flexibility that has not been an option for some time, The problem is that what happens if West Brom or anybody else comes in with an offer for Brayford on Jan 31st that can't be refused. The money men may love it but for the manager and fans these transfer windows are a nightmare.

Archived