Hendrick Out Over Christmas Period With Ankle Ligament Damage

RIB

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps he needs a rest anyway.. So Paul Green back into midfield , Brayford at RB and Davies/Cywka out wide I would say

A big dip in quality Hendrick to Green in midfield, big blow this with 3 tough matches. This Leeds game is a big match, we will be big underdogs in the next 2 and Hull outclassed us totally not long ago at home. Lose the Leeds game and we might be sliding too close to the relegation zone again.

Its a massive loss to loose Hendrick, Green has been playing very well recently and can play CM. What other options do we have at CM?

Leeds is a massive game and they aint doing to well at the moment. We beat them last season and we can do it again. West Ham are beatable, like anybody is in this league. bring em on I say... Positive Thinking !!

I think a rest will do Jeff good. Hopefully he will not be rushed back unlike other players this year and then break down again. However this news means that Ben Davies will probably come back into the team for the Leeds game. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':unsure:' />

That makes me feel really confident! I can't see how getting injured can do anyone any good and he is 19, should be fit as a butchers dog.

Not a major loss really, he's been poor the last few games i've seen him. Too higher expectations on the lad at the moment, give him a rest and get him back fresh. Will be good for him and the team.

Of course it's a major loss he is our most complete midfielder by far and CM is the most important area on the park. Green has played 100 plus games for us CM and has rarely lifted himself above adequate. Consequently I don't expect great things from him there, he does though produce the odd very good game so let's hope it's Boxing Day plus he and Bryson are very similar in style.

I think we will move to 442 or 4231 now i think we have no choice with players fit

442 would be

---------------Fielding-----------------

Brayford-Barker-Shackell-Roberts

Green---Bailey---Bryson---Ward

------Robinson---Tyson/Ball------

4231 would be

-----------Bailey---Green-----------

Tyson--------Bryson--------Ward--

--------------Robinson/Ball--------

I think we will move to 442 or 4231 now i think we have no choice with players fit

442 would be

Green---Bailey---Bryson---Ward

------Robinson---Tyson/Ball------

4231 would be

-----------Bailey---Green-----------

Tyson--------Bryson--------Ward--

--------------Robinson/Ball--------

Green, Bryson and Green in the same midfield that looks very plain, very dull, Brayford played right-mid at Ipswich. He might stick with that as Green is hopeless right-mid but his best position is right-back. Not ideal but possibly the best we can offer.

Green, Bryson and Bailey in the same midfield that looks very plain, very dull, Brayford played right-mid at Ipswich. He might stick with that as Green is hopeless right-mid but his best position is right-back. Not ideal but possibly the best we can offer.

Of course it's a major loss he is our most complete midfielder by far and CM is the most important area on the park. Green has played 100 plus games for us CM and has rarely lifted himself above adequate. Consequently I don't expect great things from him there, he does though produce the odd very good game so let's hope it's Boxing Day plus he and Bryson are very similar in style.

You need to get your tongue out of Hendricks arse, he isnt as good as you think he is. Being our most complete midfielder is nothing to shout about, the rest of them are just as average at this level as Hendrick is.

It's an area we've been weak in for years now and nothing has been done about it.

You need to get your tongue out of Hendricks arse, he isnt as good as you think he is. Being our most complete midfielder is nothing to shout about, the rest of them are just as average at this level as Hendrick is.

It's an area we've been weak in for years now and nothing has been done about it.

He is good and has produced some decent performances. Nigel's comments about him being distracted about his contract (making money) are a worry. He needs to be focusing at his developing game totally at this stage to reach his potential. He has matured quite late and can't lose any more time. I agree being our best midfielder is not a great accolade because I think all the others could do with replacing.

Hopefully if will mean Green will move back into midfield now, he to me is still a better player than Hendrick at this moment in time, and it will be intresting when taking the Derby County blinkers off and not taking how much they get paid into consideration which one has the better chance of making it the the Euros.

I think a rest will do Jeff good. Hopefully he will not be rushed back unlike other players this year and then break down again. However this news means that Ben Davies will probably come back into the team for the Leeds game. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':unsure:' />

The only thing that could be good from this regarding Ben Davies is that maybe he will be played in a central/attacking midfield like he did at Notts County. Hendrick has been off form as of late so the rest hopefully will do him good - as long as it doesn't turn into more than a few weeks like a lot of the other injured players

Hopefully if will mean Green will move back into midfield now, he to me is still a better player than Hendrick at this moment in time, and it will be intresting when taking the Derby County blinkers off and not taking how much they get paid into consideration which one has the better chance of making it the the Euros.

Hendrick is a class above Green already and he has only played 20 games. The two things I look for in a midfielder most and I look at this in the kids is do they panic under pressure on the ball Green does and so does Bryson, Hendrick is always confident when under severe pressure. Also how much do they get on the ball and this is what Hendrick needs to work on, he goes missing at times but no worse than the others.

Hendrick is a class above Green already and he has only played 20 games. The two things I look for in a midfielder most and I look at this in the kids is do they panic under pressure on the ball Green does and so does Bryson, Hendrick is always confident when under severe pressure. Also how much do they get on the ball and this is what Hendrick needs to work on, he goes missing at times but no worse than the others.

That's your view, fair enough, but I see a midfielder that at the moment is average in this league, he as yet has not taken a grip of the midfield and I can only really remember 1 cutting pass he has made. He also as you say goes missing a lot of the time, don't get me wrong, hopefully he will become a very good player for us, but over the past 10 odd games to me he has floundered greatly.

Green though to me is a different player to what we have got in their at the moment, and the 3 players that have been in their recently have all been to similar for me, just my humble opinion of course which I'm sure is wrong 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

That's your view, fair enough, but I see a midfielder that at the moment is average in this league, he as yet has not taken a grip of the midfield and I can only really remember 1 cutting pass he has made. He also as you say goes missing a lot of the time, don't get me wrong, hopefully he will become a very good player for us, but over the past 10 odd games to me he has floundered greatly.

Green though to me is a different player to what we have got in their at the moment, and the 3 players that have been in their recently have all been to similar for me, just my humble opinion of course which I'm sure is wrong 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Yes he is average in this league at the moment but that unfortunately is better than the rest of them. Green in my view is best at right-back he has always been decent when he has played there last season and this, I would keep him there unless the opposition has a lightning winger. Nigel says Brayford is comfortable playing a midfield role and he is certainly more comfortable and imaginative in possession than anybody on the books.

Archived