Management Win Stats

I realise I am being bit of an anorak but I thought this was quite interesting to compare: These stats are based of the individuals whole management career:

Sam Alladyce: Games 767 Win% 40.3%

Simon Grayson: Games 322 Win% 43.8%

Nigel Clough: Games 855 Win% 37.4%

Ian Holloway: Games 718 Win% 37.5%

Paul Jewell: Games 550 Win% 39.2%

Sean O'Driscoll Games 594 Win% 36.2%

Alan Curbishley: Games 791 Win % 38.7%

Billy Davies: Games 419 Win % 40.6%

Just an interesting selection.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I realise I am being bit of an anorak but I thought this was quite interesting to compare: These stats are based of the individuals whole management career:

Sam Alladyce: Games 767 Win% 40.3%

Simon Grayson: Games 322 Win% 43.8%

Nigel Clough: Games 855 Win% 37.4%

Ian Holloway: Games 718 Win% 37.5%

Paul Jewell: Games 550 Win% 39.2%

Sean O'Driscoll Games 594 Win% 36.2%

Alan Curbishley: Games 791 Win % 38.7%

Billy Davies: Games 419 Win % 40.6%

Just an interesting selection.

Context is everything. A manager who keeps small clubs up against the odds is always gonna have a worse win ratio than underachieves after spending money

Steve Evans the crawley manager has a win rate of 44.31 from all his jobs, maybe we should get him in. Or Eddie Howe with a rate of 48.34.

I think that proves totally nothing.

We dont want Evans!!!!!! Not with his track record from his Boston days. Only reason he has got Crawley promoted is because theyve got a massive budget and last season could basically sign who they wanted. Wouldnt be surprised if they go up theyll do the same again next year and be playing championship football in 2013/14. Same thing with Boston back then but look what happened there. Eddie Howe isnt a bad choice to be fair.

A manager can only do with what money he has got and the players in front of him. Its sad that its only "money talks" in football these days

I think if you don't have the players at hand, the best thing to do is play negative and horrible and sign a team full of bully boys, beat your way to promotion.

Some people may think I am joking, but from experience it's nice to play against players who're a same size and build even if they're better at football, it's horrible playing against sides that you think your leg may be in 3 pieces at the end of the game, scare tactics are the future... just a shame our team has an average size and weight of prepubescent girls.

Worked for stoke and wolves.

----

AND look how England beat Spain.. sat on the edge of the box not letting them have any sniff, so negative but results are all that matter 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I think if you don't have the players at hand, the best thing to do is play negative and horrible and sign a team full of bully boys, beat your way to promotion.

Some people may think I am joking, but from experience it's nice to play against players who're a same size and build even if they're better at football, it's horrible playing against sides that you think your leg may be in 3 pieces at the end of the game, scare tactics are the future... just a shame our team has an average size and weight of prepubescent girls.

Worked for stoke and wolves.

I think thats harsh on wolves they got promoted with players like Kightly, David Jones and Javis in midfield, hardly giants.

We dont want Evans!!!!!! Not with his track record from his Boston days. Only reason he has got Crawley promoted is because theyve got a massive budget and last season could basically sign who they wanted. Wouldnt be surprised if they go up theyll do the same again next year and be playing championship football in 2013/14. Same thing with Boston back then but look what happened there. Eddie Howe isnt a bad choice to be fair.

A manager can only do with what money he has got and the players in front of him. Its sad that its only "money talks" in football these days

Did you not read the bottom line of my post, these stats prove nothing. I dont think anyone would want Evans but he has a good record

They were a horrible team to play none the less, direct and defensive... Henry kicked people for fun, nasty player!

I agree about Henry but not the rest, they scored 80 goals the league top scores and let in 51. As I put there midfield did have Henry in there but David Jones, Knightly and Jarvis are heardly nutters playing along side him.

Clough's if false, just count proper football, lads league don't count.

But you cannot ignore the fact that the year he got Burton into the Football League they were part-time in a league where all but 3 clubs were full-time.

To call it lads league is a bit daft as a quick count shows that around 16/17 teams in leagues 1 & 2 have come into the league via that route and stayed there. There are currently 11 teams in the conference that have dropped out of the league and to date not been able to get back.

Archived