Nice To See Rams Players At Royal Derby

Curtains

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They appear to want to do it for the community but believe me these celebs will be getting something out of it. I hear Jimmy Saville was quite demanding when farting about at Stoke Manderville hospital every Xmas. where do you think all his cigars came from ?

Made me chuckle.

"celebs", then thought of Jake Buxton.

Good one.

The point is they do get something out of it ! a juicy ten grand a week the only downside is showing your face round a ward of sick people once a year. If I was offered ten grand a week for playing football I'd gladly be down the Salvation Army serving pot noodles to all the tramps come the day before Xmas eve. I'm not knocking him mind, just saying he'd not be there out the goodness of his heart.

This is just a reflection of your own thoughts....ie you wouldn't be there out of the goodness of your heart 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

This is just a reflection of your own thoughts....ie you wouldn't be there out of the goodness of your heart 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

I think you've nailed it there froggg, my wise friend.

I'm sure that the players could make an excuse if they really wanted to. The fact is, out of every team, some will be mardarses, some think its below them, and some will want to give a bit back to the community because they appreciate what they've got.

To moan about the ones who turn up seems a bit churlish.

I would of thought they pulled a face about going, let's face it I very much doubt they would of been paid for it. It would of been more appropriate to send our morbidly obese physio in as Santa clause.

Bloody hell mate I thought I was corrosively cynical, but you make me look like an amateur. I do actually think some of the players are human and most of them have kids themselves so I'm sure they are happy to do this gratis. At least I like to think so.

Bloody hell mate I thought I was corrosively cynical, but you make me look like an amateur. I do actually think some of the players are human and most of them have kids themselves so I'm sure they are happy to do this gratis. At least I like to think so.

I'd like to think so too but in today's climate of greed in the game everything has a price including charity. Footballers and their agents would sell their farts if there were a market for them. However nice to see a photo of the lads albeit with a thousand yard stare into the camera as opposed to a sincere smile.

Players do something good for the community, wether they paid for it or not, and people jump to conclusions that they don't wanna be there, annoyed that they have been FORCED to do it!!

Fact for u!! Derby county ASK the players if they would like to do it! Not all do/can but it's voluntary!!

Give the lads a break!

I'd like to think so too but in today's climate of greed in the game everything has a price including charity. Footballers and their agents would sell their farts if there were a market for them. However nice to see a photo of the lads albeit with a thousand yard stare into the camera as opposed to a sincere smile.

Perhaps this says more about your attitudes than that of the players.

haven't derby county done this for a while? nice of them to go but surely they should really to see those less fortunate 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Yes, my mum can remember Brian Clough and his team coming round the Children's Hospital when she was a nurse there - she gave Brian a raite telling off for sitting on the edge of a bed.

Yes, my mum can remember Brian Clough and his team coming round the Children's Hospital when she was a nurse there - she gave Brian a raite telling off for sitting on the edge of a bed.

brilliant 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> it is good derby county do this 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> If the players didn't realise already it might give them a sense of perspective.

Good point, well made.

I just think that many of the players know what it is like to be away from their home at Christmas (most are not from Derby) and certainly most of ours know what it is like to be needing medical treatment and how miserable that can be ... so they will understand what a difference a visit came make to the patients

I'd rather suffer in my hospital bed than have some disinterested overpaid prune farting about round me for the benefit of the camera and his next big contract. Sorry if that sounds like I'm generlising, I don't mean any offence.

if you don't mean any offence - stop posting over and over again about the same topic. It's only you who think they are there for anything else other than to create a bit of good will when people wish they were anywhere else but in hospital.

you are causing offence - so please give it a rest.

Archived