Nice To See Rams Players At Royal Derby

Curtains

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would of thought they pulled a face about going, let's face it I very much doubt they would of been paid for it. It would of been more appropriate to send our morbidly obese physio in as Santa clause.

they dont get paid for it,they do it for the community.are you a member of care in the community?

they dont get paid for it,they do it for the community.are you a member of care in the community?

They appear to want to do it for the community but believe me these celebs will be getting something out of it. I hear Jimmy Saville was quite demanding when farting about at Stoke Manderville hospital every Xmas. where do you think all his cigars came from ?

They appear to want to do it for the community but believe me these celebs will be getting something out of it. I hear Jimmy Saville was quite demanding when farting about at Stoke Manderville hospital every Xmas. where do you think all his cigars came from ?

each player is contracted to make a number of community appearances per season.They get nothing out of it(apart from maybe a sense of humility) and in some cases ridiculous criticism for it.

each player is contracted to make a number of community appearances per season.They get nothing out of it(apart from maybe a sense of humility) and in some cases ridiculous criticism for it.

The point is they do get something out of it ! a juicy ten grand a week the only downside is showing your face round a ward of sick people once a year. If I was offered ten grand a week for playing football I'd gladly be down the Salvation Army serving pot noodles to all the tramps come the day before Xmas eve. I'm not knocking him mind, just saying he'd not be there out the goodness of his heart.

Not at all. Money talks !! you don't see Roger Mellie out the Viz doing charity work for nothing. Nothing worse than seeing overpaid footballers mixing with common folk pretending to want to be there.

Wow - you are...

I'm impressed that you managed to make something negative out of this event - well done - very clever.

Maybe some, but I've still got some faith that there's some decency amongst footballers. I'm sure some of them are very grateful they've been honoured by being paid shedloads for kicking a ball around. I get the feeling that we've got some players with an understanding of the privilege they have doing what they do.

Only caught a quick glimps, but I thought Bywater was amongst them, am I correct.

Probably he has joined up with the squad again so wouldnt be surprised, also I think that in players contracts that states they have to do work in the community, charity work, hospital visits, coaching and signing sessions etc.

Archived