Expectations From The Fans...

WHITBY_RAM

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6 months ago I replied to these threads by suggesting Le Fondre is the answer to our blunt end.

But now he's at Reading, and I've realised it will never happen, and people are bored of hearing about him, I've stopped suggesting him.

Now Billy Sharp however.....

6 months ago I replied to these threads by suggesting Le Fondre is the answer to our blunt end.

But now he's at Reading, and I've realised it will never happen, and people are bored of hearing about him, I've stopped suggesting him.

Now Billy Sharp however.....

How many goals has he hot for them, I know he got 2 against us but that's not saying much. Is he as prolific as theo?

All competitions.

Le Fondre 9 in 19

Sharp 9 in 13.

Should of signed them both and played them with Theo.

I'm guessing they are including cup goals as he isn't in the top scores list on the bbc website. There the ones that really count. Ellington and Tito could score in the cup

Le Fondre cost less than Maguire too.

You’ve made that comparison quite a lot but I'm not sure how useful it is.

Statements by NC and TG are more focused on the wage bill than transfer fees. We don’t know if NC was interested in Le Fondre but couldn’t match his wage demands - or whether NC has never been interested in Le Fondre and would always have gone for Maguire - or [speculate freely here].

What we do know is that we can afford the wages of a promising player from the SPL who (so far) hasn’t quite stepped up to what's needed by NC - which is bloody disappointing.

You’ve made that comparison quite a lot but I'm not sure how useful it is.

Statements by NC and TG are more focused on the wage bill than transfer fees. We don’t know if NC was interested in Le Fondre but couldn’t match his wage demands - or whether NC has never been interested in Le Fondre and would always have gone for Maguire - or [speculate freely here].

What we do know is that we can afford the wages of a promising player from the SPL who (so far) hasn’t quite stepped up to what's needed by NC - which is bloody disappointing.

Le Fondre came from the fourth tier though.

Le Fondre came from the fourth tier though.

Yes, but even I knew about Le Fondre, it was just a matter of time before he made the step up, and in the end we would have been in competition with other clubs for his signature.

I'd never heard of Maguire before this summer, he was obviously keen to move to Derby, and I can't see him playing hard to get on the wages front.

My point is that wages are the main consideration here - and I don't think that transfer fee comparisons are that useful.

Archived