I'M SO ANGRY WITH CLOUGH

blackNwhites

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm laughing, hoping this is sarcasm?!

Sorry, I wrote it objectively. I'd personally rather be in crisis than this slow, monotinous mediocrity. I mean come one, under Clough we haven't even had a serious relgation dog fight.

I know they were darker days but atleast the three amigoes' reign had a certain thrill to it.

derby fans are passive because of 10 years of underachievement almost every season we struggle. The Blakcburn fans have protested but it has achieved nothing, Keane is still there.

Blackburn's past 10 years have hardly been a spectacular tale either. Even Coventry are better as disgruntling than we are.

GSE like to go on about their profile and what a good job they're doing. A protest in our most-watched game would be so effective. Imagine thousands of anti-GSE banners on the screens against Forest being broadcast out to millions of television screens in the UK and further affield...

Blackburn's past 10 years have hardly been a spectacular tale either. Even Coventry are better as disgruntling than we are.

GSE like to go on about their profile and what a good job they're doing. A protest in our most-watched game would be so effective. Imagine thousands of anti-GSE banners on the screens against Forest being broadcast out to millions of television screens in the UK and further affield...

Well that is true, but Blackburn were champions of england 14 years ago, and were successful for a few years after. I think we can disgruntle with the best of them, but the club is stable financially and we aren't on the brink of relegation, considering in 7 out of the last 10 years we have been fighting relegation this is in comparison to our past an okay season.

Ilkley and others - sorry been away with work past two days sat in hotels.

Its nice to have educated responses even if we do disagree on our opinions.

I think it is possible to flick a switch and become competitive in this league. With the right manager, who creates the right blend and style for the players at his disposal it can be achieved. I think Burley and Davies both achieved this.

I think your points about the PL are more because you've been around from the 70's, 80's and so on and are used to different teams being able to win the top league. However, times change and I adapt my passion to what I tihnk can be achieved now. I would love us to be a Stoke City (And where were they 5/6 years ago?) and achieve what they are achieving. Yes they may have hit theiir peak but they fill their ground, they attract England internationals, are a game for virtually everyone (Especially at home) and are doing things in Europe. Look how enthusiastic their manager is!!

I just find everything so apathetic in Derby now. From the management, the players signed, the football played, the board, the style of ownership, the blatent pi$$ taking of Season ticket holders (i.e Groupon) and that mid table seems to be an achievement.

The issue on booing has been discussed on here and I don't wish to re-open this topic but I'm entitled to express my voice to the management, the board and the players and when we are not winning this is what I will do. The form of players is a side effect of what could happen but they are professionals and need to deal with it.

• 3 months later...

Open letter to Mr. Nigel Clough.

Dear Nige,

The next month or so will probably decide the future course that DCFC will take. I believe the majority of the core support of our club have shown patience and understanding of the financial constraints laid down by the owners and realised that there is no magic wand, no sugar daddy to buy the dream.

Fair enough, Forest are no better than us despite huge investment from Doughty over the last few years.

The problem is though, the fans are close to a tipping point. We don't expect to be challenging Manchester City or Barcelona any time soon, we are not demanding automatic promotion.

What we want Nige, is a spark, a flash of excitement, we want to go to Pride Park and feel, well, pride. We understand it must be hellishly difficult to try and build a squad capable of challenging for promotion without actually spending any money and slashing the wage bill at the same time.

The injuries have been absolutely unbelievable, we've not always had the rub of the green, but that's life, that's football.

What we want is a mindset that says, "WE ARE DERBY, COME TO PRIDE PARK AND WE WILL ATTACK YOU FOR 90 MINUTES, WHOEVER YOU ARE".

Play without fear, accept that we may not be the best team in the League but lay down a marker that Derby County will try their very best to entertain their fans from kick off to the final whistle.

Make us different Nige, throw away the accepted norms of playing percentages and go for it. If we lose, we lose, but by fook make the other team work for it!

If we can't put a team together to get promoted then lets at least play like we think we can.

You'll lose the fans if we carry on like this mate. Like I say, we accept the board are not gonna finance silly signings or stupid wages, so give us summat else. Give us a team that will "go for it", home and away, without fear. If we lose 4-3, so what. You will soon find that the "12th man" will roar us on to victory when its close.

We need some ooomph from you and the team Nige. We need a reason to believe. The owners aren't gonna do it, so its down to you I'm afraid.

Respect from a life long Ram.

Did this get sent to anyone at the club Utch?

Always a bit squirmish reading some of the comments on old threads.

In my humble opinion I think it serves to highlight how fickle football fans are in general, it also goes to show how quickly things can change and that it may be sensible to hold your thoughts. (that's diplomatic speak for you bunch of chalky n jockies - which of course I would never accuse anyone on this board of being)

I'd also never claiim that this thread should have some people hanging their heads. Or wildly state that instead it will have some perversely claiming credit for the upturn in fortunes. Either that or could it all be down to Jonny Metgod again.

To encourage debate.

What do you all think?

You are either Clough lover or anti everything here. So take a pick. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

Archived