CB Horacio Carbonari

RWB Stefano Eranio

LWB Chris Powell

CM Lee Carsley

CM Inigo Idiakez

CM Alijosa Asanovic

ST Dean Sturridge

ST Francesco Baiano

I've included Horacio Carbonari (who I except was a bit slow) mainly on the strength of that lumbering run from defence in the closing minutes against F*rest when he received the ball and hammered it home to secure the Rams a 1-0 win. Awesome moment. And I know that a team with the likes of Idiakez, Asanovic, Baiano and, to a degree, Eranio could be a bit lightweight but I still think, creatively, its pretty sound.

I could easily have picked a second 11:

GK Martin Taylor (I really had to scratch around for a second keeper)

RB Gary Rowett

CB Christian Dailly

CB Paul McGrath

LB Jacob Laursen

RM Georgi Kindkladze

CM Seth Johnson

CM Tom Huddlestone

LM Kris Commons

ST Paulo Wanchope

ST Branko Strupar

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was brilliant during George Burleys playoff season and can cover both fullback positions

I'm suprised no-one has mentioned Lee Carsley.. The best DM we've had in the past 20 years and we practically went to pot the moment Carsley, Daily and Baiano left us..

Chris Makin also, bizarrely enough is rated as Sunderlands best ever Right Back.. he is in their solid gold XI.

Hiya guys!

As a Season Ticket Holder on and off for the past 12 years, I've been fortunate enough to see some SUPERB players.

Now I'm asking YOU what YOUR dream team would be from the years 1992-2010!

[size=5]Mart Poom[/size]

[size=5]Igor Stimac (CD) Chris Powell (CD) Paul Mcgrath (CD)[/size]

[size=5]Eddie Lewis (LM) Darryl Powell (CM) Seth Johnson (CM) Stefano Eranio (RW)[/size]

[size=5]Paul Wanchope (FW) - Dean Sturridge (FW) - Fabrizio Ravanelli (FW)[/size]

Nice 4-3-3 formation. This team would have won the league for sure!

Now it's YOUR turn, folks!

The initial post on this thread just goes to show you, people can have a season ticket, but it doesnt mean they know anything at all about football..!

Did you know he has a season ticket??

I stand corrected...couldnt of been that good,or he would of played there regularly.

I actually think he got injured in that match and by the time he returned we had got rid of the 3 at the back and then he got a place in midfield and stayed in there. We only went back to a 3 when Igor joined and the rest is history. I think he played left side of the 3 that match with Rowett Sweeper and im guessing Dean Yates played right. This is all from memory so im guessing I will be corrected.

Hiya guys!

As a Season Ticket Holder on and off for the past 12 years, I've been fortunate enough to see some SUPERB players.

Now I'm asking YOU what YOUR dream team would be from the years 1992-2010!

[size=5]Mart Poom[/size]

[size=5]Igor Stimac (CD) Chris Powell (CD) Paul Mcgrath (CD)[/size]

[size=5]Eddie Lewis (LM) Darryl Powell (CM) Seth Johnson (CM) Stefano Eranio (RW)[/size]

[size=5]Paul Wanchope (FW) - Dean Sturridge (FW) - Fabrizio Ravanelli (FW)[/size]

Nice 4-3-3 formation. This team would have won the league for sure!

Now it's YOUR turn, folks!

Im sorry,but eddie lewis and daryl powell? they wouldnt get in my best reserves team.utter garbage.

Archived