1992-2010 Derby County Dream Team.

aSeasonTicketHolder

The PL was decent in the 90s.. Alot of proper teams with proper stadiums..

Sheff Wed, Wimbledon, Bradford, Southampton, Leicester, Forest, Coventry, Ipswch, Forest, Palace, Barnsley, Charlton

Just having a look on wiki at our results, brings back memories of some classic games

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was in Turkey watching that game on TV, turned all the waiters into Rams fans that night, they must be wondering what happened to their beloved 'Derby Country'.

Came out the hotel and into the nearest bar where there was a deedar and his lad both in Wednesdays shirts, he asked me how we'd gone on, he needn't have asked, I was grinning like the proverbial Cheshire.

I didn't go to many games in the 90's being a young un. I remember us hosting Barcelona. I can't remember many games but I remember us being either top of the league or 2nd in like october/november 99. Maybe that's why I became a derby fan because neither of my parents were until I started supporting them.

DERBY COUNTY 0 BARCELONA 3

Pride Park was almost full to capacity as Rams fans clamoured for a first home glimpse of one of the biggest names in European football.

Fabrizio Ravanelli was pulling on the black and white of Derby County following a glittering career in Serie A and internationally with Italy.

But there was no sight of his famous shirt-over-the-head celebration as Barcelona, back for their second visit, turned on the style.

Patrick Kluivert scored twice inside the first six minutes as the Spanish giants opened explosively.

Geovanni made it three on the quarter-hour with Pride Park shell-shocked.

Ravanelli, Malcolm Christie and Giorgi Kinkladze all had chances but after such an opening it was impossible for Derby to recover.

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/javaImages/a9/52/0,,10270%7E3297961,00

Giorgi Kinkladze is trailed by Barcelona ace Frank De Boer in the 2001 friendly. Empics

There was a home debut for right-back Daniele Daino, signed on a season-long loan from AC Milan, while Stefano Eranio was back in Derby colours.

The popular Italian had left to a rousing send-off at the end of the previous season, but returned to sign a new one-year deal in the summer.

Barcelona, for their part, fielded another strong squad including Pepe Reina, Michael Reiziger, Phillipe Christanval, Fabio Rochemback and Patrick Kluivert, who would all end up in England and play in the Premier League.

Derby: Oakes, Riggott, Carbonari (Bragstad 14; Boertien HT), Mawene (Powell HT), Daino, Higginbotham, Burley, Johnson (Eranio HT; Murray 88), Kinkladze (Burton 73), Christie, Ravanelli.

Subs not used: Grant, Blatsis, O'Neil, Morris.

Barcelona: Bonano (Reina HT), Reiziger, Andersson (Marcelo 71), De Boer (Christanval HT), Sergi (Gabri HT), Rochemback (Roberto 66), Xavi, Cocu, Geovanni, Kluivert (Luis Enrique 46), Overmars.

DERBY COUNTY 0 BARCELONA 3

Pride Park was almost full to capacity as Rams fans clamoured for a first home glimpse of one of the biggest names in European football.

Fabrizio Ravanelli was pulling on the black and white of Derby County following a glittering career in Serie A and internationally with Italy.

But there was no sight of his famous shirt-over-the-head celebration as Barcelona, back for their second visit, turned on the style.

Patrick Kluivert scored twice inside the first six minutes as the Spanish giants opened explosively.

Geovanni made it three on the quarter-hour with Pride Park shell-shocked.

Ravanelli, Malcolm Christie and Giorgi Kinkladze all had chances but after such an opening it was impossible for Derby to recover.

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/javaImages/a9/52/0,,10270%7E3297961,00

Giorgi Kinkladze is trailed by Barcelona ace Frank De Boer in the 2001 friendly. Empics

There was a home debut for right-back Daniele Daino, signed on a season-long loan from AC Milan, while Stefano Eranio was back in Derby colours.

The popular Italian had left to a rousing send-off at the end of the previous season, but returned to sign a new one-year deal in the summer.

Barcelona, for their part, fielded another strong squad including Pepe Reina, Michael Reiziger, Phillipe Christanval, Fabio Rochemback and Patrick Kluivert, who would all end up in England and play in the Premier League.

Derby: Oakes, Riggott, Carbonari (Bragstad 14; Boertien HT), Mawene (Powell HT), Daino, Higginbotham, Burley, Johnson (Eranio HT; Murray 88), Kinkladze (Burton 73), Christie, Ravanelli.

Subs not used: Grant, Blatsis, O'Neil, Morris.

Barcelona: Bonano (Reina HT), Reiziger, Andersson (Marcelo 71), De Boer (Christanval HT), Sergi (Gabri HT), Rochemback (Roberto 66), Xavi, Cocu, Geovanni, Kluivert (Luis Enrique 46), Overmars.

That Derby team wasn't a patch on the team a few years before from 1996-2000.. Only Eranio stood out, we really did sink withou a trace..

But 'kin ell how lucky must the likes of Adam Murray, Andy Oakes and Paul Boertien feel now having been on the same pitch as Xavi and Kluivert

The highly-rated former Real Madrid man Samuel Eto'o could only stand and watch as Derby's teenage ace Izale McLeod ran the Spaniards ragged at Pride Park.

[url=http://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10270~1056118,00.html]http://www.dcfc.co.u...1056118,00.html

Great link, i remember the two barcelona games vividly, but i kinda forgot about all the other european big names that played since PPS opened.

Great link, i remember the two barcelona games vividly, but i kinda forgot about all the other european big names that played since PPS opened.

we played ajax, which was good, I didn't go to espanyol, The Barcelona game in which we lost 0-3 was my first every game 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> I wish we had someone as talented as kinkladze now.

Archived