My crazy life changing week.

Smyth_18

UPDATE.

Had a great week last week. Was told i no longer need to wear a back brace and arranged physio.

This week (apart from the Forest game) not so good.

Found out i may be out of a job, and i haven't been there long enough to have any rights.

Usually i do computer work but there isn't so much on at the moment. Before when i didn't have much on i could clean the showroom and help with deliveries and making the cabinets, at this moment in time any lifting is out of the question!!

Spent a while pondering about it but after a few hours i realised i could be so much worse and never able to work again. So like to think i'm pretty lucky.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

on what grounds havent you got a job? surely they cant get rid of you because you cant do something thats not in your contract already ie helping out other areas

Just have to hope for a payout (sorry didnt see if you had got one prev)

on what grounds havent you got a job? surely they cant get rid of you because you cant do something thats not in your contract already ie helping out other areas

Just have to hope for a payout (sorry didnt see if you had got one prev)

Contract frustration or something. Hadn't been there for a year so can't claim unfair dismissal.

That's unfortunate mate, especially considering the current job climate. By the sounds of it though you've got some computer skills so I'd imagine you'll find something in the city pretty quickly. Or just hope for that payout ... put a massive bet on ... and never work again. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

• 8 months later...

well, well, well. It's a year later already!

What a year it's been.

- I'm fully recovered now with just a few aches here and there.

- For the past month i've been working in the MVG department in ASDA getting over 30 hours a week.

- Passed my driving test in August!

- Been to 2 music festivals.

- Turned 21.

- Been to Spain.

Who'd have thought it?

The claim doesn't look to be going anywhere, but who cares?

I'd like to thank you all for your kind words, meant a lot when there wasn't much i could do with myself.

Merry Christmas to you all, have a good one!

Also, Rest In Peace to Hayden Middleton from Stanley, Ilkeston who died in a similar accident on that same day. Never forgotten.

Glad to hear you're doing so well. You had a bad time of it and it's hard to look ahead at times. Time does heal, the thing is to take your time, you get there in the end, but I guess you know that. Things like that change your life in a second, makes you grateful for what you have and what you've done, especially with someone losing their life the same day. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' /> Certainly puts things into perspective.

Merry Christmas to you too, enjoy every minute of it, life's precious.

• 3 years later...

Well, well, well. Thought I'd have a look back and it seems this was 5 years ago on Monday!

How my life has changed. This year i ran my first marathon and ultra marathon. 5 years ago 2 steps was a struggle!

I'm now married and more than anything, we have created a life in the shape of a little boy due to make an appearance in March!

Thank you all for your help during the hard times. I'm not saying life is plain sailing but that's what it's all about.

Up the Rams.

32 minutes ago, Smyth_18 said:

Well, well, well. Thought I'd have a look back and it seems this was 5 years ago on Monday!

How my life has changed. This year i ran my first marathon and ultra marathon. 5 years ago 2 steps was a struggle!

I'm now married and more than anything, we have created a life in the shape of a little boy due to make an appearance in March!

Thank you all for your help during the hard times. I'm not saying life is plain sailing but that's what it's all about.

Up the Rams.

Congratulations brother!

You picked a name for your son?

18 hours ago, Smyth_18 said:

Up the Rams.

Quite sobering to think that there is such a fine line between a nasty accident and a tragedy. Thankfully your nasty accident didn't prevent you having great achievements in the following 5 years.

On 29/11/2016 at 22:42, Smyth_18 said:

Up the Rams.

Broke your leg in a FA Cup final as well didn't you? :p 

Archived