Some fans didnt want Commons at first but will they want Tyson

Curtains

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

when adebayor went to Spurs he was pretty much hated as he had played for the gunners and don't think many fans would have wanted him there at beginning of season. He also commands probably a too higher wage which was over inflated by City when they signed him. I wonder how many spurs fans would still say that they wish he wasn't playing for them now.

I was really pleased when we signed Tyson and excited to see what he could do in a Rams shirt. But the fact he has been out half the season with a recurring groin injury does worry me because it seems very reminiscent of what happened with Chris Porter and his hip and how we never got to see the best of him.

Perhaps Tyson will make the squad in the new year but then it feels with our recent injury history, it's only going to be a matter of time before he breaks down again.

What's worse is that because we're struggling right now and the team needs a shot in the arm, the pressure on Tyson to come in and perform has increased tenfold.

That being said, I'm hopeful he'll come good and I still think it's too soon to write him off.

when adebayor went to Spurs he was pretty much hated as he had played for the gunners and don't think many fans would have wanted him there at beginning of season. He also commands probably a too higher wage which was over inflated by City when they signed him. I wonder how many spurs fans would still say that they wish he wasn't playing for them now.

I can see where you are coming from, adebayor who has scored 7 goals in 11 for spurs against Tyson who has erm........

Come on rams fans, why haven't u changed your opinion of Tyson yet?? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I think the comparison with adebayor is a poor one, while many at spurs may not have been happy with adebayor that was down to his playing for the gunners not his actual ability. Adebayor has shown his quality, I think many at this club worry that tyson was a poor signing because of a lack of quality, goals and injuries, not just because he played for forest.

How many have actually watched him week in week out. Everytime he played us he has played very well and as Brayford said the hardest player he has played against was him.

He also could not have been that bad at Forest as they brought strikers in and moved some on but he stopped and played in a Forest side pushing for promotion two seasons in a row.

This is the old argument the comparison may not be the best but the intent was to show that hatred or plain stubborness towards a player/manager who has come from a team who deemed as the enemy/derby teams. It is these feelings which stop people considering that a player may actually deserve chance. Yes he is injured but players get injured I will have an open mind until I have seen him play

It won't matter in the slightest what I think of him or what I say about him on here, or anybody else on here for that matter. You 'giving him a chance to prove himself' is all very nice, but it won't make the slightest bit of difference to whether he does well or not.

The only persons opinion of him that counts is his manager, although we still can't be sure whether he'll give him the chance.

So until he proves me wrong I'll carry on saying that IMO it was a very poor signing, Thanks.

I think the fact that a sixth of the way into his contract he has only managed 23 mins for the first team sways things for people.

He was billed as the big signing of the summer by NC and he may have been unlucky with his injuries, but at the moment he has been a flop, I'd like him to prove me wrong though.

I was never really interested in us signing him due to his injury problems, high wage (for us) and the fact that he is not a proven goalscorer at this level. He has had good games against us, but name me a player that hasn't.

Yes he is a former Red Dog, but when a player signs for us he is a Ram and should be backed by the fans, When he finally gets on the pitch I will back him. But unfortunately he has proved a poor signing up till now- he hasn't played barring his 20 odd min cameo. Total waste of wages that could have been better spent.

. We have a very inexperienced strike force today apart from Priskin who looks rusty. Mason is good but its a lot to ask of him and Ball although all left foot is also a good prospect and will most likely be on the bench today but that's Cloughies problem at the moment. Tyson is a week off training and should ne fresh for 2nd half of season and will be like a new signing. Steve Davies and Theo back soon so real competition for places up front which will be great. As for today with Barker and Shacks together and Green bombing forward from full back we will be ok plus Hendrick lifted by a new contract and Bailey also back with Bryson. We should win. Tyson is needed back but Clough is right not to rush him. The light is near the end of the tunnel.

Yup we do have a very inexperienced strike force. That is why we should have bought in a experienced striker that would play more than a handful of games a season. As I said we should have been smarter with the money available.

How many have actually watched him week in week out. Everytime he played us he has played very well and as Brayford said the hardest player he has played against was him.

He also could not have been that bad at Forest as they brought strikers in and moved some on but he stopped and played in a Forest side pushing for promotion two seasons in a row.

This is the old argument the comparison may not be the best but the intent was to show that hatred or plain stubborness towards a player/manager who has come from a team who deemed as the enemy/derby teams. It is these feelings which stop people considering that a player may actually deserve chance. Yes he is injured but players get injured I will have an open mind until I have seen him play

no-one has written him off, but his record at forest was extremely poor and he has been injured for a long time rr. I think it's unfair to say that people who have doubts are just hating on him because he came from forest and for no other reason.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived