barker and green massive for rams

Curtains

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

.Barker kept us up last season playing without training . Top 6 is still possible I'm sure if we get a run without injuries. You will tell me next Roy Macfarland was useless. PLEASE Barker is a loyal and tremendous Rams player. Name me better Championship centre backs than Barker and Shackell and remind me how often they have played together is it 2 or 3 times

Feck me Barker was a massive reason why we lost so many games last year, he's massively overrated..

3 CBs better? Mills, Gorkss and Hobbs.. Well that was easy.. I could name another 10 if you like?

I was impressed with Palaces defence tonight, really well organized.. Their dstribution isn't that good, but it's no big suprise to see they've only conceded 18 in 19 games.. Paddy McCarthy was impressive despite his own goal..

. Right Bris we will address this in 10 matches from now and see how many goals we concede and you may well have to eat your words so let's just see.

Why go 10 games? Let's make it the end of the season if you like?

10 games isn't a good yard stick, especially as we've won 1 in 12 and we're expected to continue on our good run.. I'll give you the benefit of doubt and we'll let Barker have a proper run in the team (ie. 20+ games) to see if he has magically turned into a decent defender

Good to see some fight second half and a decent point against an organised side. Agree with that Bris said about Shackell, he played so many pointless hoofs, it was embarassing to watch, keep it on the deck, if there isnt a forward pass play it sideways. Agree to an extent with Barker, he strikes me as being a bit thick, some pointless fouls out there tonight, no need for it.

Hendrick was dire, really terrible, gave the ball away so many times. Not enough creativity in the side which showed big time first half, could knock it around ok on the edge of the box but nobody to play that killer pass or skip past a couple of players.

Palace offered little going forward but were difficult to break down, a draw probably a fair result as we dominated the second half but didnt create enough clear cut chances to say we deserved to win.

Feck me Barker was a massive reason why we lost so many games last year, he's massively overrated..

3 CBs better? Mills, Gorkss and Hobbs.. Well that was easy.. I could name another 10 if you like?

I was impressed with Palaces defence tonight, really well organized.. Their dstribution isn't that good, but it's no big suprise to see they've only conceded 18 in 19 games.. Paddy McCarthy was impressive despite his own goal..

Stop being utterly, utterly ridiculous about Barker. Tonight he was utterly faultless, and he made several blockages that were far above and beyond what you could realistically expect of a "rubbish, useless, blah blah blah, yawn, worst player I've ever seen, disgrace to humanity, yawn, you're wrong, makes me realise the futility of life, yawn, cnut, malevolent barsteward who exists solely to cause me pain, yawn".

They had no clear-cut chances, neither did we. Neither defence looked any better than the other, yawn.

Stop being utterly, utterly ridiculous about Barker. Tonight he was utterly faultless, and he made several blockages that were far above and beyond what you could realistically expect of a "rubbish, useless, blah blah blah, yawn, worst player I've ever seen, disgrace to humanity, yawn, you're wrong, makes me realise the futility of life, yawn, cnut, malevolent barsteward who exists solely to cause me pain, yawn".

They had no clear-cut chances, neither did we. Neither defence looked any better than the other, yawn.

I never said he had a bad game, neither did he have an amazing game.. Just average.. If there is a fault it's the fact he didn't throw himself at the shooter for their goal, in fact he turned his body like a scared little girl.. As for positives, his distribution from the back was impressive and made Shackell look like a hoofing donkey..

If you're tired mate get some sleep.. Or go out, get the champagne on ice and celebrate our famous 1-1 draw with Crystal Palace

My summary?

We were awful at times in the first half - we played 5 across the middle and not one of them had an attacking idea. I'm afraid Ben Davies should have stayed at Notts County - that's his level. I also didn't think Bailey looked like he wanted tha ball. All 5 looked keen to get rid, but that changed once we scored - a confidence thing, I guess.

I thought East Kent ram was a little harsh on Hendrick who I thought played some good balls as well as bad ones.

Green played well and I was more impressed with Shackell than in previous games (agree his distribution was poor).

A couple of thoughts about tactics - how many times did we play long crossfield balls to Davies and Ward, the smallest players on the park, only to be amazed they were cut out by taller full backs?

Also, agree that Barker's rants were embarrassing - he tries to play through the attacker rather than round or above him. Again, basic stuff.

Finally, what is Priskin supposed to do? He gets the ball pumped up to him in a 1 v 3 situation and his nearest team-mates are 30 yards away. It must be soul-destroying.

I'm amazed that no-one has mentioned the impact Mason Bennett had when he came on. He won the ball, was stronger at keeping the ball and generally added impetus with his speed. We're getting there, and I think one win will spawn three or four.

[size=5]bennett in for B davies next week. Tyson on bench green to continue at RB n let Brayford have a longer rest.[/size]

I disagree I would not start Bennett. I don't think it is good for him starting in a struggling team and puts a lot of pressure on him. Remember he is only a kid, I have no problem with him being involved in the first team squad and on the bench sometimes so he can come on as an impact player when others are tiring.

The boy has talent no doubt about it, but we need to be very careful with him at this age.

Good to see some fight second half and a decent point against an organised side. Agree with that Bris said about Shackell, he played so many pointless hoofs, it was embarassing to watch, keep it on the deck, if there isnt a forward pass play it sideways. Agree to an extent with Barker, he strikes me as being a bit thick, some pointless fouls out there tonight, no need for it.

Hendrick was dire, really terrible, gave the ball away so many times. Not enough creativity in the side which showed big time first half, could knock it around ok on the edge of the box but nobody to play that killer pass or skip past a couple of players.

Palace offered little going forward but were difficult to break down, a draw probably a fair result as we dominated the second half but didnt create enough clear cut chances to say we deserved to win.

.....So far, you say that Shackell was embarrassing to watch, Barker's a bit thick, Hendrick was dire...come on you've missed the other 11. What's the point of coming on here with such positivity. Surely, Ward's mistake, Bennett's overhead kick, Barker's hair, Bailey's hairstyle, Roberts' lack of hair, Clough's folded arms, perhaps something about Green - are all worthy of some negative comments. I'm not used to reading such a small amount of gloomy comments. Come on, we need to criticise everyone. It's what so many Derby supporters are all about. You must do better than this.

.....So far, you say that Shackell was embarrassing to watch, Barker's a bit thick, Hendrick was dire...come on you've missed the other 11. What's the point of coming on here with such positivity. Surely, Ward's mistake, Bennett's overhead kick, Barker's hair, Bailey's hairstyle, Roberts' lack of hair, Clough's folded arms, perhaps something about Green - are all worthy of some negative comments. I'm not used to reading such a small amount of gloomy comments. Come on, we need to criticise everyone. It's what so many Derby supporters are all about. You must do better than this.

Everyones mentioned how well Green played, didnt see any need to do it again. Apart from him i dont think anyone really stood out. A lot of our attacking intent second half came from crossing where Ward and Green done well.

. Really let's just get negative shall we after all with our budget we should be at least on a par with Real Madrid. Barker n Green have been out for ages. Let's face it Barker should be playing like Stimac or Macfarland or be dropped. For goodness sake give him and Shackell time to gel or do we want to just ridicule the LADS

im being realist. barker didnt play THAT well last night, it wasnt anything special.

In regards to Barker complaining after giving away a silly foul, I suspect he might of Been complaining about the attacker backing in. Asking what else he's supposed to do other than give him a slight nudge.

It was a silly foul and a blatant push, but it's sometimes worth trying to plant a seed in the refs mind so he looks out for backing in and dives. That way we might get away with a bit more or even get some soft free kicks.

Roberts, when he got booked also HAD to make that foul. Had he not I think Fielding would of ended up having something to do.

Remember Mourinhos Porto used to do some ridiculous fouls if they felt short at the back. They hit them hard and early in the middle of the pitch. Usually even if your the last man it'll be just a yellow card.

Thought Barker was decent myself. B.Davies is unable to beat anyone.

Ive been more of a fan of ben davies than most supporters.

But even i say hes been pretty poor last few games.

I say start bennett in his position and have to wide forwards who will really go at their defenders in ward and bennett.

4-5-1 becoming 4-3-3.

Thats what I would do before i even consider whether ball comes in for priskin or not.

• 3 weeks later...

Pull yer sen together Curtains, nobody likes a know it all

'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> quality pun, i know a 'know all', told him similar, so he went to modesty classes............... and came top 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wacko' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wacko:' />

Archived