barker and green massive for rams

Curtains

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed. Think Shacks and Barker looked solid tonight and the partnership is starting to form. Green for people who complain about him playing RB glad he is fit with Brayford being injured he has had 2 really good games there for us. (However want Brayford fit to see Greens performances move into the midfield slot and would drop Ben Davies for him).

The match fitness starting to come nice to see 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Agreed. Think Shacks and Barker looked solid tonight and the partnership is starting to form. Green for people who complain about him playing RB glad he is fit with Brayford being injured he has had 2 really good games there for us. (However want Brayford fit to see Greens performances move into the midfield slot and would drop Ben Davies for him).

The match fitness starting to come nice to see 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

I'm in chatting about the team mood..spot on about Barker and Shackell - superb pairing and once we get going again they'll be brilliant for us - even if they can cause the occasional heart attack!!

I think ben is playing himself out of the side at the moment, bit of a shame really as he's still putting in 4 or 5 dangerous balls a game and if we were converting them it would all be different for him.

Barker and Shackell have got the ability to get on the end of anything, Hendrick should be better in the air, I think they all need to pick it up a bit attacking wise.

Only other option would be switching Ben to the left - but Wardy is on fire out there.

We've now got to find a place in the side for greenie, he has to play if fit... he is quality. Trouble is I don't think you can drop Bryson and then you've got 4 quality midfielders who you want in the side. Bailey, Hendrick, Green and Bryson fighting for two spots.

Drop Ben for a couple of games, get his head back on and then bring him back in when the strikers are fit and we are flying again.

Ward left, Bailey and Bryson in the middle, green on the right, hendrick on the bench ready to step up when needed and I think he's a brilliant option to bring on.

Front two of Ball and Priskin with Bennett to come on..

If we can get our forwards fit and firing, we'll be alright, not brilliant, but alright.

i thought barker and shackell look a bit suspect at times,1st half, but the positives are that hopefully they will only get better together, also Green and ward look up for it, so with brayford back we should lose b davies or maybe bryson ?

Agreed, I think B Davies is the weak link at the moment, Brayford back and Green further forward would be a positive move.

(null)

Agreed, although would like to see another winger to run at the full back and stretch teams. Not sure that Cywka and Croft are good enough though.

Could I just ask why, when there is a perfectly good match thread, you deemed that it needed this thread, would it not have been easier to incorporate it into the match thread, just a thought .

Well it sure beats the clough out, board out rubbish threads that we usually get.

. Just wanted it known and thought it needed some prominence after all struggles both players have had with injuries

Fine , its your perogative, just thought it would be tidier, sometimes there are loads of threads on simular lines, seems pointless to me . 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Barker was his usual self tonight, completely average.. When he pushed their striker in the back and gave away a needless freekick he started complaining the ref.. Why? One positive tonight though was his distribution looked better

Shackell was awful with the ball at his feet.. Aimless hoofing everytime, feckin pointless and pathetic

Roberts, despite his rugby tackle which was laughable, had a decent game IMO.. Distribution was OK

Green was superb.. 9/10.. Bombed down the right, showed B.Davies how to be a winger and had an end poduct

B.Davies and Bryson both need dropping.. They add nothing. Bryson is the worst footballer (ie passing and moving) out of the middle 3, barely tackles, and isn't in the slightest creative.. Pointless/limited player playing in a creative positon, doesn't add anything remotely good IMO.. As for Ben Davies, average when his set pieces are good, absoloutely dogsh*t when they're bad.

Plusses were Green and Ward who again was excellent

I'm in chatting about the team mood..spot on about Barker and Shackell - superb pairing and once we get going again they'll be brilliant for us - even if they can cause the occasional heart attack!!

I think ben is playing himself out of the side at the moment, bit of a shame really as he's still putting in 4 or 5 dangerous balls a game and if we were converting them it would all be different for him.

Barker and Shackell have got the ability to get on the end of anything, Hendrick should be better in the air, I think they all need to pick it up a bit attacking wise.

Only other option would be switching Ben to the left - but Wardy is on fire out there.

We've now got to find a place in the side for greenie, he has to play if fit... he is quality. Trouble is I don't think you can drop Bryson and then you've got 4 quality midfielders who you want in the side. Bailey, Hendrick, Green and Bryson fighting for two spots.

Drop Ben for a couple of games, get his head back on and then bring him back in when the strikers are fit and we are flying again.

Ward left, Bailey and Bryson in the middle, green on the right, hendrick on the bench ready to step up when needed and I think he's a brilliant option to bring on.

Front two of Ball and Priskin with Bennett to come on..

If we can get our forwards fit and firing, we'll be alright, not brilliant, but alright.

Think we are moving more and more to the 4231 formation of last yr or the 4132 formation at beginning of the season when Brayford fit. However 442 could allow the midfielders to rotate and stay fresh

---------------Fielding--------------

Brayford Barker Shackell Roberts(?)

----------Green Bailey----------

Bryson-----Hendrick----------Ward

-------------Priskin/Bennett

OR

-------------Fielding----------------

Brayford Barker Shackell Roberts

-------------Green----------------

Ward------Hendrick---------Bailey

----------Bryson--------------- (play Bryson more advanced to support Priskin or Bennett like at the beginning)

------------------Priskin/Bennett

Or

--------------Fielding-------------

Brayford Barker Shackell Roberts

---------Bailey---Bryson-------

Green------------------------Ward

---------Bennett----Priskin------

(with this formation can rotate each game Bryson Bailey and Green along with Hendricks so midfield always fresh and bring Ben Davies on for last 20 minutes and could move Ward up top for Bennett or Priskin. In respect of Priskin or Bennett Ball at present could be considered)

Barker is not all that, he can head the ball yes, but apart from that he is nothing special at all.

Comon be fair.. Only last season some jokers were comparing him to Igor and especially Mark Wright

If Barker was faster, and read the game better, and had better distribution he might have been a top 6 NPC player. Unfortunately, that's just a pipe dream

Archived