Paul Jewell article

trekkie_ram

Yeah right, it's the fans fault we didn't win for nearly a year.

Played a massive part, I'm moi opinion.

Think it was very hard to get behind a team that got drilled 4, 5, 6 nill in the prem then lose 1-0 to newly promoted donny rovers.

Losing 1-0 to a team in the same division who are on a massive high... Shock horror. Massive over reaction from our fans who still have this idea we are massive, typical NPC game that was, nothing more.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't understand the hatred towards him, regardless of what people say do they honestly believe he was happy losing every week? He gave his all here and although he signed some shitters the purchases of Hulse and Commons were the best in a few years, voids that we still haven't filled really.

Our fans are as much to blame for the period under him in my opinion, a good bunch would get behind the team which we failed to do miserably even as hard as it might have been.

ha ha ha ha ha .what ******.my dog talks more sense.

ha ha ha ha ha .what ******.my dog talks more sense.

Great post. Fancy explaining what ******** is present then? Maybe ask your dog where the Caps button and Space bar if he's a clever 'un!

Jewell not wanting to lose - Think I'm pretty right there.

Hulse and Commons good buys for us - Did a job and between them won many points alone. I'd say that's fair.

Void not being filled - Love to see who's filled Commo's boots and as for a striker.. Do we even own one that's fit and not a acadamy product?

Fans being much to blame for our downfall - Go ask our previous players (As bad as they were) we didn't do them any favours. They were just about getting boo'ed onto the pitch! I'm all for having your own right as people pay money but despite the 30,000 crowds it seemed people turned up to have a pop. Ridiculous.

Someone mentioned that award. Really? That season we had 8000 or so bandwagon poachers enjoying the ride, they shouldn't of won ****.

I'd love to say our fans are great but were nothing special. Average, Coventry like to be if nothing changes.

So bascially we have got to be thankful to a manger who took 9 months to register his first win, because he may or may not have tried hard, for the money he earned that should be a bare minmum.

Sad to see Derby fans so willing to settle for medricority.

Jewell is one of the worst managers Derby ever had, really lost the plot towards the end of his tenure and left us with a "thank you" gift in the shape of Luke Varney.

So bascially we have got to be thankful to a manger who took 9 months to register his first win, because he may or may not have tried hard, for the money he earned that should be a bare minmum.

Jewell is one of the worst managers Derby ever had, really lost the plot towards the end of his tenure and left us with a "thank you" gift in the shape of Luke Varney.

Jewell IS the worst weve ever had

Never said we have to be thankful did I? Thanks for adding that mind, makes your post relevant.

Never once stated he was a great manger either, just that I don't understand the hatred that some people show towards him.

Just make things up as you go, makes interesting reading. Heh, who needs the truth! Jeez.

I find this situation quite funny because lets go back to when Billy left, how many fans were against Jewell coming here? he was a manager with a proven record in both the premiership and the championship, at Wigan he found some absolute gems and when we got him, the fans were over the moon I seem to recall, and I was too thought it was brilliant capture on our behalf and as it carried on, Jewell brought in some absolute garbage and how long was we ravaged with the wages of robbie savage? not to mention a few others, he stripped players of confidence, he had us playing some terrible football and was seemingly reluctant to take the blame.

the funny bit is coming up, when we was going through this run the majority of the fans knew what was needed, a bit of stability, a lower wage bill and a better running of the situation without dropping into the lower divisions! which is exactly what we got, we've got a growing squad and under-valued youth set up and finally can say we're a building a team here, yet some fans want to strip this apart, replace the manager and the majority of the squad...etc

obviously the initial poster was implying that we may not be able to afford to sack clough and the americans might not have the money to do it, but in my opinion its been a long LONG time since this club felt like a team, with football how it was meant to be, young lads coming through and breaking into the game and a good feel amongst the team which has been built by Clough and his team, i'm against how anyone can feel that ripping Clough and his team out of Derby who have made this club a lot more enjoyable to support and replacing him with someone like Jewell because 'its a results business'

I would suggest if you've supported Derby because you want to support a succesful side then, you've made a pretty piss poor decision, but at the minute it's exciting to see so many young players growing and improving together and if we can keep the majority together, and add then we're more likely to see success than another wipe out in players, the past 6 years i've seen more players in a Derby shirt than I should of done in 60 years.

Jewell not wanting to lose - Think I'm pretty right there.

Well, it is what he was paid for

Hulse and Commons good buys for us - Did a job and between them won many points alone. I'd say that's fair.

What about Carroll, Zad, Perelotkins, Kaz, Ellington, Varney, Stewart, Connolly, Dickinson, Savage, Robert, Mills etc

Void not being filled - Love to see who's filled Commo's boots and as for a striker.. Do we even own one that's fit and not a acadamy product?

That's something for the current managment team

Fans being much to blame for our downfall - Go ask our previous players (As bad as they were) we didn't do them any favours. They were just about getting boo'ed onto the pitch! I'm all for having your own right as people pay money but despite the 30,000 crowds it seemed people turned up to have a pop. Ridiculous.

Don't like booing but when you go nearly a calender year without winning a league match, tension is invitable.

Someone mentioned that award. Really? That season we had 8000 or so bandwagon poachers enjoying the ride, they shouldn't of won ****.

Same as every club in this country bar possibly Man City and Norwich, look at how much Stoke were getting in this league

I'd love to say our fans are great but were nothing special. Average, Coventry like to be if nothing changes.

Wait and see, I do predict Boro like attendances if we stay in this league for a decade.

Well, it is what he was paid for

What about Carroll, Zad, Perelotkins, Kaz, Ellington, Varney, Stewart, Connolly, Dickinson, Savage, Robert, Mills etc

That's something for the current managment team

Don't like booing but when you go nearly a calender year without winning a league match, tension is invitable.

Same as every club in this country bar possibly Man City and Norwich, look at how much Stoke were getting in this league

Wait and see, I do predict Boro like attendances if we stay in this league for a decade.

Right and after reading all of that what would you say is ******** and sense-less? I think most of it is pretty fair. Obviously everyone has their own opinions on our fans. My post there is purely backing up what was mocked in my origional post.

That post was quoted and aimed at Dangerous after his pathetic response, I'm still waiting to be informed where his dog excels better than me as far as writing a post goes.

Right and after reading all of that what would you say is ******** and sense-less? I think most of it is pretty fair. Obviously everyone has their own opinions on our fans. My post there is purely backing up what was mocked in my origional post.

That post was quoted and aimed at Dangerous after his pathetic response, I'm still waiting to be informed where his dog excels better than me as far as writing a post goes.

Ive just asked my dog to comment about your post and she told me that she wouldnt waste any of her precious time on you,she says you know as much about football as she does about boiling an egg.

Ive just asked my dog to comment about your post and she told me that she wouldnt waste any of her precious time on you,she says you know as much about football as she does about boiling an egg.

Stepped up to the plate again I see, cracking effort.

Stepped up to the plate again I see, cracking effort.

what do you want? If you seriously believe that the fans were as much to blame as jewell was then you are mad.The fans dont pick the team,buy players,instruct tactics.The fans pay their money and they have every right to voice their opinion.I think that jewell got an easy ride off the fans here.Elsewhere he would have been hounded out a lot earlier.He was rubbish,total rubbish.

Archived