Gary Speed

mcsilks

Very sad news indeed RIP Gary Speed. Thoughts are with his family.

In case you missed it earlier this is Robbie Savage on the BBC commenting on the loss of his very close friend

[url=http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15911088.stm]http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15911088.stm

Stan Collymore has been posting recently on Twitter about his own health issues. Certainly makes you think you should enjoy life as much as you can.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone listen to 606. Savage was virtually crying for the whole show and the presenter went at the end as well. Such a sad day, the guy had nothing to do with DCFC at all but we are all absolutely devestated, that just tells you the sort of bloke he was.

Anyone listen to 606. Savage was virtually crying for the whole show and the presenter went at the end as well. Such a sad day, the guy had nothing to do with DCFC at all but we are all absolutely devestated, that just tells you the sort of bloke he was.

Not heard it, but saw Sav on BBC news. He was crying, could barely talk, bless him.

Sat in the pub earlier watching the Swansea game, and couldn't help but cry at the minutes silence/applause before the game, even though i had heard the news 2hs earlier.

It was also very moving seeing Shay Given break down also.

Very very sad day for football, and a very sad day for Welsh football

RIP Garry.

Only you know why.

I have always liked Gary Speed as a player, manager and a dam decent bloke. Twelve hours later and I cannot seem to square the fact that he has let go of his mortal coil.

Garry was the working mans footballer, played hard and fair, and I read on twitter that whilst at Newcastle, he was the only player that thanked the ball boys for giving him the ball.

RIP Gary. love prayers and thoughts to your family and friends.

you can say something other than that in a different thread, but since this thread is for respecting gary speed i don't think it would be appropriate to post anything other than something which is respectful.

There are just times for a bit of dignity. A 'proper' footballer has gone, One who most of us would have liked to see in a Rams shirt.In tragic circumstances it seems. There's clearly somethings most of us do not know, but a good man has gone unnecessarily. Football lost today. Or in other words, 'RIP Gary Speed'.

you can say something other than that in a different thread, but since this thread is for respecting gary speed i don't think it would be appropriate to post anything other than something which is respectful.

I agree, and after some reflection my earlier comments werent necessary. However, someone posted something saying along the lines of, that they knew it wasnt to do with mental health problems. Why delete that? It would have been interesting to see if that poster had anything more to add.

I agree, and after some reflection my earlier comments werent necessary. However, someone posted something saying along the lines of, that they knew it wasnt to do with mental health problems. Why delete that? It would have been interesting to see if that poster had anything more to add.

that is a fair point, I am not sure if that was about gary speed or about what we call mental health problems.

Archived