Derby County v Brighton & Hove Albion

CumbrianRam

What evidence do you have to criticise his backroom staff?

the fact fielding used to be able to kick and now all he finds is empty green grass. I say his rag bag staff because that is exactly what they are whether you like it or not, they are all from burton fecking albion and follow the man everywhere.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well as long as it's based on something tangible like Fielding's kicking, that's fine.

I like how you were only able to criticise the last line of my entire post. Why has his kicking gone from pinpoint to garbage? why are we continually getting injuries for 3 years? why are these and a multitude of other things happening? is fielding kicking bad because of some gypsy curse or is there a logical answer?

Ah, so you'd like me comment on 'i call them rag bag because that what they are, like it or not' or 'they follow him everywhere'?

The first comment is you saying 'because I said so' and is frankly laughable as a justification. They follow him everywhere amounts to two clubs, therefore they followed him once. A) hardly everywhere and 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='B)' /> most managers take teams around with them now and C) I notice that rag bag back up man Peter Taylor followed Cloughie everywhere and he was from Burton fe kin Albion.

sad thing is brian and peter taylor were actually successful with derby county, these lot have simply gave us 3 years of crap, crap, crap and excuses for being crap. My first response was because the whole staff came from non league to the championship where we have had 3 years of injuries and how some players seem to become worse e.g. fieldings kicking, which I gave as a justification.

I can't remember a season in which any team started with 4 straight wins and later achieved 5 straight defeats. Have the Rams achieved yet another first to add to the worst premiership season and greatest defeat in a cup final. Not to mention league, central league and watney cup winners in the same season and also Texaco cup etc.

This, this is the Derby County we all know and love. Oh and don't forget the only burst ball in a cup final (which DCFC won in 1946).

It wouldn't be Derby County if they just did the predictable stuff like winning games at home etc.

sad thing is brian and peter taylor were actually successful with derby county, these lot have simply gave us 3 years of crap, crap, crap and excuses for being crap. My first response was because the whole staff came from non league to the championship where we have had 3 years of injuries and how some players seem to become worse e.g. fieldings kicking, which I gave as a justification.

So you are now just saying your evidence is just Fielding's kicking then?

Any decent team would have seen off Brighton comfortably. I don't know where people got the idea we donminated anything from. We were useless from start to finish and even with one or two clear cut chances never looked convincing after the usual first opening 10 minute salvo.

I cannot believe we have spent around £2.5 million on a defence that looks so awful.

Shackell, Fielding, Bryson look shadows of the players they were at their former clubs. Five players in midfield and none could pass to each other or move about to create space.

There is nothing up front - please don't tell me Priskin will be staying (he should have been sent off for a blatant elbow, which was about the only thing he put any effort into)

No direction on the field, none off it. No tactics to speak of, no plan B when things aren't working. Losing at home Clough does nothing for far too long and eventually swaps striker for striker and keeps a failing formation.

Only Jamie Ward (again) can walk off the pitch knowing he has had a decent game.

Cardiff and Hull were clearly better than us but Brighton frankly were poor, and we still lose.

Other than that, it was ok.

Priskin was lucky, should have been a straight red for the elbow.

The match itself...should have been 3-0 before they scored. Thought we pressed them well and caused them to give the ball away cheaply.

Never dropped for us in their box and when it did, in the 2nd half particularly, we blazed it wide or over the bar.

Created enough chances to have won 3 games.

I thought bringing Ball and Bennett on with 20mins to go was OK, but the luck just wanna wi us tonight.

If we'd have got one, we'd have got three........ 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

I simply think if nige had a clue he'd of seen the 4-5-1 nonsense wasn't working by halftime and changed the formation to 4-4-2 with ward and Davies wide hendrick Bailey in the middle and took Bryson off for ball Bennett and took it to them 2defenders on the bench is laughable especially when there's no midfield cover on there either

I simply think if nige had a clue he'd of seen the 4-5-1 nonsense wasn't working by halftime and changed the formation to 4-4-2 with ward and Davies wide hendrick Bailey in the middle and took Bryson off for ball Bennett and took it to them 2defenders on the bench is laughable especially when there's no midfield cover on there either

Is that the same match I've just got back from where we created millions of chances? Some games i would agree with you, but tonight we completely outplayed Brighton. They started wasting time from 17mins on and were complete and utter mardarses all game.

I like how you were only able to criticise the last line of my entire post. Why has his kicking gone from pinpoint to garbage? why are we continually getting injuries for 3 years? why are these and a multitude of other things happening? is fielding kicking bad because of some gypsy curse or is there a logical answer?

Young ram, Fielding's kicking had never been pinpoint! It has only ever been average. Still miles better than Byewater's.

Archived