Cwyka and Maguire

RotherhamRam

After a few glasses of red with my mate, both have followed The Rams for over thirty years, we had decided that we failed due to lack of on field communication. When Barker came on we had a target man

Individually the team played some good football, however as a team we had no spine, no natural leader, no one to organise and focus. We where a bunch of individual personalities today, however we seemed to lack a degree of luck as well.

TOM GLICK.......if you are listening, go spend a million on a midfield general

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not saying ideal but with injuries within club what else is there to do. Both Green and Barker are coming back from injuries and not worth risking them. I think that is partly why he went up front in an attempt to win the ball. What gets me is the players then stop hitting it long to allow him to win the ball and start knocking along the floor.

I noticed that. Not one cross to him either.

it also doesn't help when you hear Clough after the game - we give them a chance, if they try hard and play well they stay in the team, otherwise we give someone else a chance.....hardly the recipe for a composed performance from these players. Effectively told that they have a one game trial to prove they're good enough. If he doesn't think they are good enough get rid - if they are good enough, tell a player that he will have a 6 or so game run in the team and take the pressure off.....really poor man management from Mr. C.......

it also doesn't help when you hear Clough after the game - we give them a chance, if they try hard and play well they stay in the team, otherwise we give someone else a chance.....hardly the recipe for a composed performance from these players. Effectively told that they have a one game trial to prove they're good enough. If he doesn't think they are good enough get rid - if they are good enough, tell a player that he will have a 6 or so game run in the team and take the pressure off.....really poor man management from Mr. C.......

I know what you're saying, but these are highly-paid individuals who should be aspiring to life in the Premiership. If you can't perform under pressure in the Championship then you need to drop a level. I am really rooting for both Maguire and Cywka, because I think they have talent, but if your tricks aren't working, you need to roll your sleeves up and battle for the team. When you play a front line of smaller players, your passing needs to be spot-on. Unfortunately, in the absence of a Bueno, we don't have that. Hendrick is one for the future, but we need better passers throughout the team.

I know I risk the wrath of other fans, but I still say that Shackell is not dominant enough. As an imposing physical presence and with his experience, he should be should be marshalling that whole defence with a rod of iron. Whilst he does good things personally, he's not a leader of men. I hope that Barker will improve things but I'm not so sure. Our two full-backs are too quiet, too. I'd rather see them having a go once in a while to drive up standards.

People have asked why they have not been given a chance. Well if you were at the game today you would have seen why!!

Both were lazy, no movement, could not beat their man, could not control the ball, had no energy, could not tackle and were passengers whilst on the pitch.

Further to this as they were not in the game at all it meant they were bypassed and the ball more times then any went high into the air to Jamie Ward. No height on the bench and I said before Barker came on there is only one place for him or O'Brien and that is up front in an attempt to win the ball.

Everytime the ball went to Cwyka he lost it. Maguire showed even less movement then Davies up front. Ward pelting down the wing and Maguire jogging into the box ball came across and he was no where near to getting to end of it. Goes up the other end and their strikers are sprinting into the box.

We played the majority of the game with 9 men with these two and if they do not put on a Derby shirt again this season will not be fussed.

Now I am not saying the rest of the team played well this is definately not the case. Shackell had a mare in the first half. Roberts looked very week (would give Naylor a go there). Bryson and Hendrick occupied the same space again and when Green came on for Hendricks it added a bit but not a lot to the middle of the park. Ben Davies had a poor game and Brayford looked like he had been out for 6 weeks but was still our best defender today. Ward to many times tripped over his feet.

However Cwyka and Maguire in my opinion stood out far more than the rest for being poor.

1 bad game and you have written them off just like our manager.

You won't be able to pick a team by the end of the season if you carry on like this.

I remember one of our best attacking players we've had at the club in years, Commons his name was, I wonder how many games he went missing in...

People have asked why they have not been given a chance. Well if you were at the game today you would have seen why!!

Both were lazy, no movement, could not beat their man, could not control the ball, had no energy, could not tackle and were passengers whilst on the pitch.

Most on here have actually used both players as a stick with which to beat Clough.

The amount of posts I have read berating Clough for not playing them. Yes, they were his signings but it sounds to me as if they have an attitude problem.

Maybe now they might just begin to realise that the manager does know best and is working with very, very limited resources indeed.

Hendrick was miles better. So was Ward, in my opinion.

Ward was about the only player worthy of the shirt, Hendrick big no, I'd say he was as bad as maguire, I would be surprised if his shirt will be washed for the next game seeing as he didn't sprint and wasn't involved at all, very poor

If they have a attitude problem, why?

Could it be after making a mistake the manager says "go back to where you came from"

Could it be after playing well, the next game you have a duff game and then dropped in favour of 16 and 15 year olds

How come when Shackell makes a mistake it's ok, Fielding makes a boo boo these things happen, Bryson was nowhere to be seen apparently yesterday but nothing is said. Maybe Cywka and Maguire feel a little hard done by Teflon Clough.

I think The flak at Cywka is a little unjust, yes he was bad but so was the rest of the team.

Maguire is getting flak because his lack of effort, one instance was when ward beat his man second half at the byline and pulled the ball back to his strike partner who wasn't there, IF he had busted his gut at the half way line like he should have he would have been there for the shot, then when the defence had the ball he stopped and it was Only when the crowd piped up that he thought he should challenge the defender.

Could it be after making a mistake the manager says "go back to where you came from"

Could it be after playing well, the next game you have a duff game and then dropped in favour of 16 and 15 year olds

How come when Shackell makes a mistake it's ok, Fielding makes a boo boo these things happen, Bryson was nowhere to be seen apparently yesterday but nothing is said. Maybe Cywka and Maguire feel a little hard done by Teflon Clough.

Indeed.

Fielding has made a couple of mistakes recently and is exempt from criticism. Personally that does not bother me as he is young and learning, his signing was hyped up by the fans and some are now getting on his back which isn't on.

However Maguire (who is only 22 and has only played a handful of games in this division) and especially Cywka (who isn't exactly experienced) it seems are fair game to be used as scapegoats by NC, who is possibly the most one dimensional manager I have seen at our great club.

Players like Cywka and Maguire are always going to struggle when we play as badly as we did yesterday. How can flair players influence a game when 50% of Derby's possession was hoofball. Why are we not as critical of the more experienced players such as Roberts, Shackell, B Davies and Bryson who were very poor themselves?

We were playing with a dwarf up front (who was easily the pick of the bunch) and the manager does not try to stop the team playing hoofball and play it on the deck or at least utilise his pace and endeavour. WHY?

Whilst I think it's fair to say that Cywka and Maguire didn't do a lot to help their cause, I also think it's fair to say that they need a few more matches under their belts before they're relegated to the scrap heap. Their confidence levels can't be up there yet.

The game after Clough blasted Cwyka at Pompey he played really well - don't think it's that closely related.

Personally, I don't have any criticism of Cwyka, He is just not good enough and that is hardly his fault. As for Maguire, I thought his performance was shameful. Despite the team as a whole not functioning too well after Robinson went off, they kept going and worked hard. The exception being Maguire who I felt let everyone at the club down. He has some talent but he cannot expect to stroll through a game. The occasion when Ward pulled the ball back to him after working his socks off, and Maguire was still 20 yards outside the penalty area showing no urgency in getting in there was horrific. In different circumstances I am sure that Clough would have rightly whipped him straight off.

Archived