Cwyka and Maguire

RotherhamRam

People have asked why they have not been given a chance. Well if you were at the game today you would have seen why!!

Both were lazy, no movement, could not beat their man, could not control the ball, had no energy, could not tackle and were passengers whilst on the pitch.

Further to this as they were not in the game at all it meant they were bypassed and the ball more times then any went high into the air to Jamie Ward. No height on the bench and I said before Barker came on there is only one place for him or O'Brien and that is up front in an attempt to win the ball.

Everytime the ball went to Cwyka he lost it. Maguire showed even less movement then Davies up front. Ward pelting down the wing and Maguire jogging into the box ball came across and he was no where near to getting to end of it. Goes up the other end and their strikers are sprinting into the box.

We played the majority of the game with 9 men with these two and if they do not put on a Derby shirt again this season will not be fussed.

Now I am not saying the rest of the team played well this is definately not the case. Shackell had a mare in the first half. Roberts looked very week (would give Naylor a go there). Bryson and Hendrick occupied the same space again and when Green came on for Hendricks it added a bit but not a lot to the middle of the park. Ben Davies had a poor game and Brayford looked like he had been out for 6 weeks but was still our best defender today. Ward to many times tripped over his feet.

However Cwyka and Maguire in my opinion stood out far more than the rest for being poor.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, agree.

Stands out in my mind that a ball that there was a ball that was so easy so keep in and take down the line, and Cwyka let it roll out for a throw. I nearly reached over and lamped him.

Not sure why he gets such a big roar when his name is called out, apart from the boo boys that love him because of Portsmouth last year. He was a tw*t then as well.

disagree, everyone was as poor as each other out there today, and in my opinion no one else in the squad would have done any different to what they did.

What game were you watching these two did bog all, all the time on the pitch. They were worse than crap.

You are given a chance to prove why you should be picked. The fans were asking why they had not been picked over last couple of weeks. If they wanted to play in future games then you would bust your guts on the pitch and try your hardest whether it was working or not.

They never got into a sprint and did nothing for the team. The team ended up not going through them as it stopped everytime.

What game were you watching these two did bog all, all the time on the pitch. They were worse than crap.

You are given a chance to prove why you should be picked. The fans were asking why they had not been picked over last couple of weeks. If they wanted to play in future games then you would bust your guts on the pitch and try your hardest whether it was working or not.

They never got into a sprint and did nothing for the team. The team ended up not going through them as it stopped everytime.

I am not saying they were good, I am saying no one did any better and no one else in the squad would have done any better today.

Hendrick was miles better. So was Ward, in my opinion.

well that is fair enough, frankly i think hendrick is tired out and needs a rest I thought he was poor today, and ward did nothing, he had a couple of runs against rosenior in the first few minutes just like cywka and maguire looked good to start but then did nothing.

I think the point about Cywka and Maguire being tripe was that with them offering nothing then the only option left was to hoof it high and long. You can't play passing football when you have a "creative" player and a striker who can't trap cement.

Ben Davies was poor today, but he did show signs of effort and broke into more than a jog on occasion. That's more than Cywka and Maguire did.

I am not saying they were good, I am saying no one did any better and no one else in the squad would have done any better today.

Green would have done better than both of them but would have been unfair to play him this early after a serious knee injury.

I would have changed it to 4231 and bring Barker in at CB, push O'Brien up in to the CDM position with Hendricks.

Played Green, Ben Davies, Bryson in attacking three with Ward at top.

That would have meant a major shift of players and playing style and would have in itself caused problems.

Wasn't at the game so can't comment on lack of effort on Cwyka's part but feel he needs a run in the team rather than just 1 game in and 3/4 out. Don't see how it's beneficial to play Cwyka one game, then next have him out of the squad and Doyle starting or Bennett starting. Cwyka played and scored against reading, but didn't start any of the next 4 games and was twice left out the squad completely.

Need players like Cwyka in out team which is really lacking any creativity, as although he may not have shown it today, he has the ability to take on his man.

Green would have done better than both of them but would have been unfair to play him this early after a serious knee injury.

I would have changed it to 4231 and bring Barker in at CB, push O'Brien up in to the CDM position with Hendricks.

Played Green, Ben Davies, Bryson in attacking three with Ward at top.

That would have meant a major shift of players and playing style and would have in itself caused problems.

o brien would be a disaster at dm, then hull would have hit that spot and barker with a potential to get injured. However at least that is an idea, better than clough could muster up, I am not sure if green would be better, he has on and off days and generally when the chips are down he is just as dire as anyone else.

Wasn't at the game so can't comment on lack of effort on Cwyka's part but feel he needs a run in the team rather than just 1 game in and 3/4 out. Don't see how it's beneficial to play Cwyka one game, then next have him out of the squad and Doyle starting or Bennett starting. Cwyka played and scored against reading, but didn't start any of the next 4 games and was twice left out the squad completely.

Need players like Cwyka in out team which is really lacking any creativity, as although he may not have shown it today, he has the ability to take on his man.

He has to work to get the ball and when he does it work to keep it to be creative. Neither there today.

o brien would be a disaster at dm, then hull would have hit that spot and barker with a potential to get injured. However at least that is an idea, better than clough could muster up, I am not sure if green would be better, he has on and off days and generally when the chips are down he is just as dire as anyone else.

Not saying ideal but with injuries within club what else is there to do. Both Green and Barker are coming back from injuries and not worth risking them. I think that is partly why he went up front in an attempt to win the ball. What gets me is the players then stop hitting it long to allow him to win the ball and start knocking along the floor.

Archived