Luis Suarez charged over rascist remarks to Patrice Evra.

ladyram

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I nominate you to read that over the weekend and get back to us on Monday and give us a shortened guilty or not guilty verdict

Basically Suarez' changed his evidence several times from start to finish, and wasn't particularly believable in what he was saying. He says he was using the word "negro" in a conciliatory and/or friendly way, but he was fairly clearly trying to wind Evra up.

Some of the conversation Suarez alleges happens doesn't make sense (that he used the word in response to Evra saying "don't touch me" after Suarez pinches his arm; he says he said "I can't touch you because you're black?" - but Evra didn't notice the pinch so likely wouldn't have said it) and it's in response to challenges like that that made his evidence less credible than Evra's.

All in all, not great reading for Suarez.

Simply because Kenny "the football God" Daglish is actually a tw*t. He can do and say and behave however he wants. He used to be a good player you know? Who needs manners and principals when your a football legend? Why, he should be rewarded with a slave from Gambia.

Simple, if your good at football then your to be respected as a human being no matter how rude you are.

What an embarrassment Liverpool

I cannot believe a club of Liverpool's stature, with how it has previously led on matters of social injustice and inequality, can allow its integrity and credibility to be debased by such crass and ill-considered responses

Lord Ouseley Chairman, Kick It Out anti-racism campaign

Utterly stupid of Liverpool to even consider wearing those t shirts. They may support him (and they really must think this issue is a non event 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':o' /> ) but I believe they're wrong to advertise the fact. What kind of message does that send out, other than "Kick it out but not at our club"? I don't see what they're trying to achieve and I'm surprised at Daglish.

Seems odd, at first I was disgusted at the length of the ban but after hearing he put forward bugger all evidence and there were apparently a couple of Lpool players testifying that he said something along those lines, its hard not to be disappointed in the team.

Archived