Luis Suarez charged over rascist remarks to Patrice Evra.

ladyram

I admire your optimism but Germany were miles ahead of us and could have scored 10 and they have a young team who are stronger than 2010. Lampard's goal may have changed things but overall they were technically superior all over the pitch.

To win it Spain would have to be beaten at least in the final, I can't see anybody beating them they have so much depth they could put 2 very strong teams out. Silva can't get in and he is the best player in the Premier League.

Think Mr Kompany would get my vote

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe that if we'd qualified for Euro 2008, we'd have had a chance that time too. We always have a chance, we will never be favourites (apart from with bookmakers who need to cover their asses with so many people backing us).

We have enough talent to be competitive, we just need a manager to bind the team and find a balance. We need to f**k SWP & G.Barry off for starters.

Think Mr Kompany would get my vote

Good call. Kompany does that role like Makelele did for Chelski. Enables Citeh to get forward knowing the defence is protected. Doesn't get the publicity of the flair players and goalscorers like Silva, Balotelli, etc but is just as important to the team.

Good call. Kompany does that role like Makelele did for Chelski. Enables Citeh to get forward knowing the defence is protected. Doesn't get the publicity of the flair players and goalscorers like Silva, Balotelli, etc but is just as important to the team.

Kompany does a good job for them but he gets away with a lot of fouling, as the refs are not strong enough in the English game that's one of the many reasons we don't produce the flair players. He was severely found out in the key Champions League matches where they referee much more to the defined laws of the game.

I suppose Fulham were too physical for manure the other night as well... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

I don't know I didn't see the game did you.

I do know that we don't produce players like they do on the continent because the little skillful lads who like to hold onto the ball get the **** kicked out of them and it is encouraged by Coaches, Parents etc and not stopped by strong refs. If you are not big, athletic or extremely quick in this country you have no chance of getting through the system.

In Holland, Germany and Spain skill and ability is on the ball encouraged, shoving and barging people off the ball is not. That is why unless there is a major culture change England will always be also-rans. The only player we have produced of genuine top-class in my time is Gazza and I am 40.

Every top english team had a gazza in the 70's...and they had far less protection than they get now, but i do agree with you. The dutch, german and spanish ways of nurturing young talent is far better than ours.

Tony Currie

Archie

Stan Bowles

Rodney Marsh

Frank Worthington

Alan Hudson

George Best

Eddie Gray

Charlie

straight off the top of me head all had the ability (arguably) of Gazza.

Every top english team had a gazza in the 70's...and they had far less protection than they get now, but i do agree with you. The dutch, german and spanish ways of nurturing young talent is far better than ours.

Tony Currie

Archie

Stan Bowles

Rodney Marsh

Frank Worthington

Alan Hudson

George Best

Eddie Gray

Charlie

straight off the top of me head all had the ability (arguably) of Gazza.

There were a lot more tasty tackles in those days but the pushing, pulling, nudging, barging and general sly stuff has got worse and worse. My view on this and you may disagree Sky and The Premier League like the game to flow for TV and encourage the refs to let things go, whereas on the Continent they protect the flair players as much as they can, as soon as Messi or Ronaldo are brushed in Spain it is a free-kick. That makes defending far harder/ at times impossible.

The players you list were a little before my time but England did not even qualify for world cups in 74 and 78.

Kompany does a good job for them but he gets away with a lot of fouling, as the refs are not strong enough in the English game that's one of the many reasons we don't produce the flair players. He was severely found out in the key Champions League matches where they referee much more to the defined laws of the game.

He was found out because he came up against genuine quality players like Cavani, Robben, Ribery, Gomez, Rossi, Hamsik, Lavezzi, Pandez, Muller etc..

In the PL he's up against run of the mill strikers like Jon Walters, Bobby Zamora, Gabby Agbonlahor, Danny Graham, Heidur Helguson etc.. Even the top clubs Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal don't have anyone (Van Persie, Suarez and Mata aside) that is as good as the names mentioned above.

Kompany whilst is a top player gets it easy playing for the best team in the PL with everything infront of him and his job is to mark an average striker. He's like Vidic, stands out massively in the PL but struggles in Europe when facing quality.

He was found out because he came up against genuine quality players like Cavani, Robben, Ribery, Gomez, Rossi, Hamsik, Lavezzi, Pandez, Muller etc..

In the PL he's up against run of the mill strikers like Jon Walters, Bobby Zamora, Gabby Agbonlahor, Danny Graham, Heidur Helguson etc.. Even the top clubs Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal don't have anyone (Van Persie, Suarez and Mata aside) that is as good as the names mentioned above.

Kompany whilst is a top player gets it easy playing for the best team in the PL with everything infront of him and his job is to mark an average striker. He's like Vidic, stands out massively in the PL but struggles in Europe when facing quality.

Yes the movement of the players you list is on a different level. Players like Vidic, Ferdinand and Terry have shown the ability to adapt though that's why I would put them on a higher level, although it seems Ferdinand's best days are behind him.

He is annoying but that isn't the question, It is about the comment and whether it was racist - I agree with rynny but playing Devils Advocate if you were playing in a foreign country and used a word like Jackass to an opponent and saw that he got highly offended would you apologize or keep using it as you saw it wound him up and to you the word was basically harmless?

Then later on you find that the word is racist as it is offensive to compare people to a donkey in that particular culture - would you be a racist?

Surely he would have said at some point 'what you being racist for?' or something similar?

Possibly, although that can only be speculation - Evra never mentioned that he asked him to stop using the word just that he used it - didn't look like the environment where Evra was going to take him to one side and explain that he was offended and the reasons why - there are rumours that Evra retaliated with a "racist comment" although it is reported to have been "you South American" which I find hard to believe - still it would be a comment based on his racial background!!

Again, you have to remember that the word he used is totally harmless to him - he admitted using it and if he hadn't the case would have fallen down, that speaks volumes about his impression of the word.

It was a whole non-event that got totally blown out of proportion by an association so busy on trying to make a point and trying to take the high ground..

The FA are exactly the same as those referees that make rash and memorable decisions in a bid to be the centre of attention.

Absoloutley disgusting decision by one of the most bitter and pathetic football associations in world football. It's decisions like these why the British are laughed at outside in the real world.

Archived