Luis Suarez charged over rascist remarks to Patrice Evra.

ladyram

There were some comments against the Irish at the time but the all black players have come out and said since its great to get a challenge back. The Irish were the first non-Polynesian team to challenge it.

After all when they play Samoa, Tonga or Fiji they each do there own versions to challenge each other.

(null)

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Take rugby for instance, when in the past NZ have been doing the Hacka which is their way of laying down a challenge, or in other words saying "Come and have a go if you think you're hard enough" - the opposite team have been known to get right in front of them, right in their faces or surround them while they've been doing it"

didnt the team that did this get into trouble for trying to intimidate the nz team??

Yep, but the way I see it is levels of intimidation in any sport shouldn't include owt that could be termed as racist, I don't get why some would choose to use any language aimed at what colour skin they happen to have.

To me, mental mind games have a better effect.

Ps, the Hacka is there to be intimidating isn't it?- but yet nobody complains about that do they? So it's a bit daft to me that the naysayers complained about the Irish giving it back to them.

Good for the AB's for being up for being challenged in return.

Duracell - it doesn't matter that Ferdinand hasn't said anything against Terry, or that he didn't hear it. Anyone that overhears a comment that they feel is racist, or witnesses an act they they think is racially aggravated can report it to the police.

I know, I know, I was just defending Ferdinand. EKR said he wasn't thick skinned.

Yep, but the way I see it is levels of intimidation in any sport shouldn't include owt that could be termed as racist, I don't get why some would choose to use any language aimed at what colour skin they happen to have.

To me, mental mind games have a better effect.

Ps, the Hacka is there to be intimidating isn't it?- but yet nobody complains about that do they? So it's a bit daft to me that the naysayers complained about the Irish giving it back to them.

Good for the AB's for being up for being challenged in return.

I've seen many examples of testicle grabbing in sport to put off an opponent, Vinnie on Gazza comes to mind, might be placed in the same category, obviously this is sexual harassment, wonder if anyone would be sent down for it if someone complained. No different from rape really, but one is funny and the other isn't. Maybe it's just male humour.

Why does he need to say black?

My comment was tongue-in-cheek. Obviously saying 'Black c**t' is wrong.

I like JT, I doubt there was genuine malice in what he said, more heat of the moment. I can't see him escaping with less than a Suarez-esc ban though. No doubt timed by the FA so that he is fresh for the Euro's.

I like JT, I doubt there was genuine malice in what he said, more heat of the moment. I can't see him escaping with less than a Suarez-esc ban though. No doubt timed by the FA so that he is fresh for the Euro's.

Was talking about the players.

I've seen many examples of testicle grabbing in sport to put off an opponent, Vinnie on Gazza comes to mind, might be placed in the same category, obviously this is sexual harassment, wonder if anyone would be sent down for it if someone complained. No different from rape really, but one is funny and the other isn't. Maybe it's just male humour.

Funnily enough, someone did that to me a couple of weeks ago! (In a game that is, not just walking down the street)

If he is found guilty there will be no Euro's for Terry. They banned Ferdinand in 2004 when they had a real chance and he was top notch in those days. This time England have no chance with or without Terry.

I Y O

In most peoples opinion I would think, Spain are as close to unbeatable as there has ever been and friendlies don't count. You seriously think England can win the Euro's? There is more chance of Derby winning promotion.

I think we have a chance, we may not have to play Spain.

Laugh if you want, but I believe that IF Lampard's goal had not been disallowed in the W/C we may well have beaten Germany, at the time we where all over them , virtually shooting in.

On our day we are a match for anyone.

Laugh if you want, but I believe that IF Lampard's goal had not been disallowed in the W/C we may well have beaten Germany, at the time we where all over them , virtually shooting in.

I admire your optimism but Germany were miles ahead of us and could have scored 10 and they have a young team who are stronger than 2010. Lampard's goal may have changed things but overall they were technically superior all over the pitch.

To win it Spain would have to be beaten at least in the final, I can't see anybody beating them they have so much depth they could put 2 very strong teams out. Silva can't get in and he is the best player in the Premier League.

well f**k me, I finally agree with Smiffy on something.

Archived