Dario Gradi has stepped down as Manager at Crewe

48 hours

As we seem to (almost) be Crewe's feeder club these days, I thought that fans might like to know that Dario has stepped down as 1st Team Manager (he is 70!).

Steve Davis (ex Crewe player) who has been his assistant for the last two years will take over responsibilities starting with the FA Cup match against Colchester today.

DG is spend more time with the Academy instead.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

do you mean Crewe are our feeder club?

Not really - Liverpool used to have first refusal on all of Crewe;s young players a few seasons back,(eg Rob Jones/Danny Murphy) but I don't believe that this has been in existence for some time.

I was not surprised when NC bought two players last season - I believe that he is a big admirer of DG, especially the Academy and the technical ability of the players produced.

He'll be back in charge in a couple of years, how many times has he stepped down in his career only to return, even as caretaker boss?

Am pretty certain that he has only stepped down once before - but I think at 70 this will be his final stint 'in charge' of the 1st team. He has been getting Steve Davis ready to take over for the last two years.

As we seem to (almost) be Crewe's feeder club these days, I thought that fans might like to know that Dario has stepped down as 1st Team Manager (he is 70!).

Steve Davis (ex Crewe player) who has been his assistant for the last two years will take over responsibilities starting with the FA Cup match against Colchester today.

DG is spend more time with the Academy instead.

Seems odd that he'd step down only a week after an interview for the BBC where he said he'd be doing it till he couldn't anymore, guess he must have made the decision this week?

He's one of the best people around for Academy work, i'd love us to get him involved at Derby.

Archived