He'll play for England, one day ...

48 hours

Went to school with Nathan Doyle. Year below me. I was in his brother Bens's year.

A year makes a big difference at school in football. Older lads always faster and stronger than younger lads. But Nathan was different. Very fast and very strong. When my year played his year all their players could be bullied off the ball, except Nathan. Struggled to get near him.

He played for a year above him at both Sunday League and school football. Then he got a game for the England side along with Huddlestone. Far better than players in my year and nearly all the year above.

Now i've said it before, but he's always been a massive arrogant bell end. He always used to swagger around with just his one mate or his brother. You see him around Derby a lot. He a proper nob. Not like Tudgay. Decent lad he is. Glad he got a chance with Forest at this level.

I guess that would be the difference between going to Merrill and Noel Baker 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Off topic, but this thread has made me think of Dean Ashton, because a guy I went to school with played alongside him at Crewe, and said he's the best player he'd played with.

Shaun Wright-Phillips is responsible for being the most overrated England player ever, whilst also being responsible for breaking our new Teddy Sheringham & potential superstar.

Surely that would have put the price up? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wacko' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wacko:' />

Price is irrelevant if you aren't interested in a move. If someone gave me something highly prestigious, I'd feel inclined to 'owe them one'. (ie: 'I think highly enough of you to pick you for England, so join me at Leicester')

Alpha, that is so true!!!'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Trooper, the team that I occasionally play for on a sunday down dw/jjb/whatever they call it nowadays would suggest otherwise about both your points. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Went to school with Nathan Doyle. Year below me. I was in his brother Bens's year.

A year makes a big difference at school in football. Older lads always faster and stronger than younger lads. But Nathan was different. Very fast and very strong. When my year played his year all their players could be bullied off the ball, except Nathan. Struggled to get near him.

He played for a year above him at both Sunday League and school football. Then he got a game for the England side along with Huddlestone. Far better than players in my year and nearly all the year above.

Now i've said it before, but he's always been a massive arrogant bell end. He always used to swagger around with just his one mate or his brother. You see him around Derby a lot. He a proper nob. Not like Tudgay. Decent lad he is. Glad he got a chance with Forest at this level.

I was in nathan's year at noddy too spot on with the bellend comment pal

Can remember a couple of really good players from a long time ago, we used to play on Markeaton park in the 70s

and were a player short, somebody brought along a ringer , Dave Warner - what a player, he used to play for Derby

Boys, and kept Ian Hutchinson ( the former Chelsea forward) in the reserves at the time.

Also, I played a game for Buxton College, again short of numbers and we were playing a friendly against Sheffield

University, and the captain brought someone in to "even things up a bit" . Four years later he was playing for Everton

his name was Mark Higgins.

Archived