Last striker to score league Hat trick

rsmini

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i wouldn't say it's scary, just cos we've not had a league hat-trick for donkeys

IMO we're also not the sort of team who creates numerous chances for our strikers..

So far, other than the Robinson miss against P'Boro and Davies's miss against Barnsley our front guys have been pretty prolific..

Until we play fluid attacking football and we open teams up I can't see any hattricks coming our way.. The last time we consistantly had a team of this ilk was with George Burley, when we regularly created plenty of chances and hit lots of 3s against teams..

Though we did have a brief moment with Clough last November when the likes of Bueno, Commons, Kuqi, Cywka etc.. could have gotten themselves a hattrick.

Only George Burley, Jim Smith and Nigel Clough (for 6 weeks) have had us playing a style in which we could realistically score 4 or 5 goals a game for the past 15 years.. That's slightly despressing.

We've hit 3's against Millwall, Doncaster, and Portsmouth. We're hardly the lowest goalscorers in the game at the moment.

We have been playing fluid football without it being extravagant, but having 10 players out will limit how fluid a system can be when you've got youth players starting games and average signings stuck out of position.

Against Barnsley we could have had 3, Luke Steele just played a blinder. Against Birmingham we could have had 4, Ward missed two very simple chances in the space of five minutes which he really should've put away.

It's not the goal-scoring that worries me, or most people I think. It's the midfield and how little protection the defence has with all these injuries.

And how many players have scored hat-tricks against us in that time? I'd guess at about 30.

I think I'm right in saying (or typing) Torres got a hatrick on our last trip to Anfield and Adebayour (sp) got one at PP in another drubbing. I think Gazza got one back in the day for Spurs and didn't Dwight Yorke score another against us ? They're all off the top of me 'ead so could be a load of old tosh. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Because it's probably ********, different Paul Williams maybe.

Wasn't me that tweeted but I seem to remember Paul Williams scoring two hat-tricks for us too. Think he got one against Aston Villa when we lost 4-3 and he also got one in our first game after our relegation had been confirmed from the old division one, we beat Sunderland 6-0 I think.

Wasn't me that tweeted but I seem to remember Paul Williams scoring two hat-tricks for us too. Think he got one against Aston Villa when we lost 4-3 and he also got one in our first game after our relegation had been confirmed from the old division one, we beat Sunderland 6-0 I think.

Just checked we beat Sunderland 6-2, however, I can't find the scorers, can anyone help? Otherwise it means going in the attic to search through my match programmes!

Just checked we beat Sunderland 6-2, however, I can't find the scorers, can anyone help? Otherwise it means going in the attic to search through my match programmes!

The loft it is, although I thought that Sunderland game was 3-3. We had beaten them (I thought 6-0) in the League Cup, they were 0-3 in the league, their fans chanting "We want six!", and we scored three, I was convinced Deano got at least one of them.

But my 8yo brain remembers a few things about those days incorrectly.

The Sunderland game was 3-3. The Southampton game was 6-2 (can't find scorers, but I'm sure Deano scored).

We lost 4-6 against Chelsea that year, but a site I found says Deano got a brace.

Southampton...that was it!

Remember that Chelsea game, think Graeme Le Saux made his debut as a left winger that day and ran us ragged.

I was surprised when someone tweeted Paul Williams had scored 2 hat tricks. Not impossible of course. His page on Wikipedia says he scored 26 league goals for us and was a midfielder and defender. But the trouble with wiki is it never seems tom list hat tricks for individuals

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Williams_(footballer_born_1971)]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Williams_(footballer_born_1971)

• 3 months later...

randomly revived thread there mate! I actually had a feeling the Savies was going to get one before the Blackpool game and then when his second went in I thought I was some kind of psychic- not to be. Theo should have had a hat trick and came away with zero. THe fact that we haven't had one doesn't really worry me as long as someone is finding the net it doesn't matter

Archived