Living in and around Derbyshire

PrivateDerby

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

from the rable First line

Percentage of pupils at the end of KS4 achieving Level 2 including English and Maths 54%

Further down the table

Percentage of pupils achieving Level 2 (5+ A*-C or equivalents) 73%

The same level 2 in both lines of the table - so the first line is the pupils that got 5+ a*-c GCSE or equivalent ( hence getting level 2) and these 5 included Maths and English.

Yes i think your right, I misread the first line of the table which is consistent with your analysis.

Well, I'm off now campers, I'm going to watch Strictly. Take care you fab folks!!

Oh and YR - ta for saying I'm a good mum, that's kind. Although I do me best, I'm not perfect. There's no such thing as a perfect parent in my book. The best I can do is learn when I cock up.

Have a great evening all xx

well my mum says that but she is brilliant. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

We can`t even get a statement even though Great Ormond Street says he needs one,really is lack of funding/cutbacks etc.

That sounds awful Morecambe, sounds like a lot of red tape, they don't realise they are playing with peoples lives half the time.

We can`t even get a statement even though Great Ormond Street says he needs one,really is lack of funding/cutbacks etc.

I suppose my only advice would be to keep harassing them until they agree to do one, or if possible try to get in touch with an educational psychologist who you might have to pay to conduct one am not sure. I was statemented from nursery or before and had a 20 page report done this year to assess where i am really struggling.

That sounds awful Morecambe, sounds like a lot of red tape, they don't realise they are playing with peoples lives half the time.

We are just going round in circles all the time its a very rare condition he has so you have to explain it to all these so called experts all the time as they never heard of it!!

That's Local Authorities for you. Until a statement is given schools get no extra funding to meet the pupils special educational needs, they have to meet the costs from their normal budgets.

Once a statement is given then the LA have to provide extra funding to meet those needs.

No worries, I have no idea why they made it such a mouthful and confusing way of putting it. I think they just want to confuse us all.

I didn't mean to drag on about it.

no problem you were right i was wrong, if you think your right keep going mate, the way it's worded at the top is not clear at all, whether it means level 2 maths and english with passing g.c.s.e grades in both as well or level 2 attainment in english and mathematics as well as another subject which you can do functional skills on, I think I simply misread it, been at a computer for far too long.

I suppose my only advice would be to keep harassing them until they agree to do one, or if possible try to get in touch with an educational psychologist who you might have to pay to conduct one am not sure. I was statemented from nursery or before and had a 20 page report done this year to assess where i am really struggling.

Lol the educational psychologist said his condition was irrelivent even though she had no knowledge of his condition.as i said it`s all down to funding if he was in a wheelchair or had a better known "problem" we would get help probably.

We are just going round in circles all the time its a very rare condition he has so you have to explain it to all these so called experts all the time as they never heard of it!!

It is awful, I suppose all I can say is keep going and fighting, my mum and dad encountered similar problems with my speech therapy and such until they used their own law against them, the "experts" can be a joke, some "experts" believed i had severe learning difficulties which simply wasn't the case. Just keep fighting it's an awful situation and it should be so much easier.

Lol the educational psychologist said his condition was irrelivent even though she had no knowledge of his condition.as i said it`s all down to funding if he was in a wheelchair or had a better known "problem" we would get help probably.

Yes some can be awful no doubt, i said that because well it is conventional wisdom you go to one and they can sort problems out, i have had mixed experiences with them some are brilliant while some are a bad joke. Lesser known problems aren't given enough awareness or thoughtfulness as they need, everyone is different and everyone's needs need to be catered for, no matter how obscure or difficult. Sadly, this just doesn't happen.

am off for motd 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> have a good night everyone 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Laters YR 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

That's Local Authorities for you. Until a statement is given schools get no extra funding to meet the pupils special educational needs, they have to meet the costs from their normal budgets.

Once a statement is given then the LA have to provide extra funding to meet those needs.

But its someone from the LA who decides if you get that statement so you`re up shitcreek lol 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mellow' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':mellow:' />

We just moved from Stockport to Ilkeston In July. We had a good look about all areas in commuter distance for Dav's teaching, so we thought Ilkeston was ok for Notts, Leicester, Stoke, Derby of course and other surrounding areas as it's so central.

Another big reason we chose Ilson was for the schools, and we managed to get our girl into Kirk Hallam. Out of 42 secondary's in Derbyshire, that came out tops, so we got lucky there - mind, we had to win our appeal first. The primary school for our lad isn't as good as the one he left, but KH will be his feeder school and we know he'll get a place.

So if you've got kids, do some research into schools, if not, look into travelling times and distances for work. One thing I do know, house prices are a lot cheaper down here compared to Stockport - but that was because it's so near to Manchester.

Derbyshire beats it hands down, wherever you go, you're not far from fantastic countryside.

Thanks ladyram always felt at home in Derbyshire despite being a Staffordshire lad. Im also pretty sure it beats most of the country hands down, just something about it. No children yet but couldn't think of a better place to bring em up, anywhere's gotta be better than Stoke on Trent. I need to have a look on the other side of Derby, we haven't quite made it to Ilkeston yet.

I live in Horsley woodhouse, it is quite nice. There is a main road and a small primary, however that is ever growing. There is countryside if you know where to find it, the fields extend to denby and beyond if you know where to look. There is a main road which provides good access to places and it is around 20 minutes away from derby. Normally you can get out of snow however last year we had problems, and if it continues to get worse the results will be the same, also if you live down a side road like i do, they are not gritted and depending on how far down a street you are you might not get up. There are two local secondary schools which are local, these are John Flamsteed and Heanor Gate, Flamsteed I am being told is rapidly going downhill due to the loss of many experienced teachers, Heanor Gate is big but seems to get good pass rates.

Got a feeling we went through it one day this summer, think there was a village fate on or something? Looks like a really nice place to live, good community and all that. To be honest we haven't even thought or looked at schools! (don't fancy mentioning it either as it might lead to other questions!) Thanks mate.

Forgot the A6 went through Derby, oddly that's my road of choice where I live too. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

Don't think ill be venturing that high up to be honest Cumbrian!

Its got to be Utcheter then PD 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Half way between Joke-on-Trent and Derby...On the border of Staffs/Derbys...and we might be able to squeeze you in the minibus from the Black Swan...... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

20mins into Derby on the A50.

If you're posh it'd have to be Doveridge or Sudbury...

But its someone from the LA who decides if you get that statement so you`re up shitcreek lol 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mellow' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':mellow:' />

I must admit, I never read the last 2 pages until now, I thought YR was just Arguing about old John Flamstead teachers. Hence the off topic remark. ( i went to Flammey and my lads going next year)

Now I have read it, I feel a bit foolish.

Both my kids have statements at school, and know how hard they are to get.

Sorry for my, what may have come across as, insensitive remarks. Sorry.

I know about YR's problems, we have PM'd about it, I may pull his leg, but I think he's quite a brilliant lad really.

Anyway, enough man love, He'll be getting idea's. Time for me to Man Up.

Archived