Living in and around Derbyshire

PrivateDerby

Ya see YR, I think there's where we differ - I'm much better at the written stuff, structuring and so on, than I am with the verbal stuff. I can get shot down in flames quite quickly, so I know where you're coming from.

Ya'll still go a long, long way further than I did, (that's not hard tho, being as I was never academically minded), so good on ya!

cheers, I hope you are doing what you love and you seem an excellent mum 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> i am hoping to go on to do a masters and maybe a phd eventually, it just annoys me because there is such a disparity, even an I.Q. test for me is considered useless according to the educational psychologist because of the disparity, not that I hold loads of stock within an I.Q. test.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had (still have) a problem where I find it hard to communicate with people and also I had problems with fine motor skills so my handwriting looks very untidy, but thankfully I was able to recive help with extra time and typing up my exams so I was able to recive good GCSEs.

YR don't let people but you off what you want to do. If you work hard enough, you'll get there!

I had (still have) a problem where I find it hard to communicate with people and also I had problems with fine motor skills so my handwriting looks very untidy, but thankfully I was able to recive help with extra time and typing up my exams so I was able to recive good GCSEs.

YR don't let people but you off what you want to do. If you work hard enough, you'll get there!

I have problems with fine motor skills as well is such a pain, my hand writing is virtually illegible to anyone but me and my hand really hurts after a small period of writing. I received extra time in g.c.s.e.s but no computer, at college i have received a computer and extra time. Last year I lost all my notes because i am really disorganized, I need to work harder, I spend my time reading books which are irrelevant and magazines like the spectator and new statesman which are interesting but again irrelevant rather than revision or essays.

I have problems with fine motor skills as well is such a pain, my hand writing is virtually illegible to anyone but me and my hand really hurts after a small period of writing. I received extra time in g.c.s.e.s but no computer, at college i have received a computer and extra time. Last year I lost all my notes because i am really disorganized, I need to work harder, I spend my time reading books which are irrelevant and magazines like the spectator and new statesman which are interesting but again irrelevant.

Thankfully I was diganosed with my problem in pre-school so I was able to get support early on, some people aren't so lucky.

Percentage of pupils achieving A*-C in both GCSE English and mathematicsInfo 54% No data

No data

so that states pupils achieving both A*-C in english and mathematics was 54% but it doesn't give that and 5A*-C including, that is just english and mathematics. presumably it would be the same.

The first line of the table is for pupils leaving Key stage 4 with level 2 including Maths and English which was 54%. The level 2 means 5 GCSE or equivalents at A*-C.

Thankfully I was diganosed with my problem in pre-school so I was able to get support early on, some people aren't so lucky.

Indeed i was diagnosed in pre school as well, i had 3 years of language therapy because i couldn't speak until I was 4 and had a lot of help with my balance and such, but i know of people who are dyslexic and have only been diagnosed in year 13. I was very lucky.

Good to know that help is there. We hear too much about what's wrong with our education system and not enough about the good points

The first line of the table is for pupils leaving Key stage 4 with level 2 including Maths and English which was 54%. The level 2 means 5 GCSE or equivalents at A*-C.

It says pupils who have met level 2 requirements and 5 A* to C g.c.s.e.s nowhere does it state about an A*-C in both maths and english being within the 5 A*-C range, someone could get a level 2 in mathematics but also get a D. It also uses the phrase equivalents.

Indeed i was diagnosed in pre school as well, i had 3 years of language therapy because i couldn't speak until I was 4 and had a lot of help with my balance and such, but i know of people who are dyslexic and have only been diagnosed in year 13. I was very lucky.

Some are never diagnosed, because they learn to survive.

Right YR - put down the magazines! Keep them for bedtime reading, it'll help your concentration.

Get yourself organised. Get a diary- keep it with you all the time and when things pop into your head, write em down.

Get a filing cabinet and stow your notes in there - it doesn't matter if no bugger else can read em, they're only for your use after all.

I'm sure there's other stuff you can do, I'll let you know if I think of owt else.

Oh, and don't forget, get a diary!!!!!!!!!

Good to know that help is there. We hear too much about what's wrong with our education system and not enough about the good points

Indeed, i do have criticisms for much of our educational system, it relies too much upon short term memory and there are too many exams but there are many good points.

It says pupils who have met level 2 requirements and 5 A* to C g.c.s.e.s nowhere does it state about an A*-C in both maths and english being within the 5 A*-C range, someone could get a level 2 in mathematics but also get a D. It also uses the phrase equivalents.

from the rable First line

Percentage of pupils at the end of KS4 achieving Level 2 including English and Maths 54%

Further down the table

Percentage of pupils achieving Level 2 (5+ A*-C or equivalents) 73%

The same level 2 in both lines of the table - so the first line is the pupils that got 5+ a*-c GCSE or equivalent ( hence getting level 2) and these 5 included Maths and English.

Right YR - put down the magazines! Keep them for bedtime reading, it'll help your concentration.

Get yourself organised. Get a diary- keep it with you all the time and when things pop into your head, write em down.

Get a filing cabinet and stow your notes in there - it doesn't matter if no bugger else can read em, they're only for your use after all.

I'm sure there's other stuff you can do, I'll let you know if I think of owt else.

Oh, and don't forget, get a diary!!!!!!!!!

Problem is LR i have many of these techniques, but i simply forget, unless it is at the forefront of my mind I will probably forget it, for instance it takes me a long time to know peoples names and i forget my books etc. I currently have box files for my handouts and books for my writing notes, this has worked ok, except i have lost a couple of handouts because i forgot to put them in my files and emptied my bag out.

The magazines and newspaper can be a big distraction but i am trying to keep it in check, it is good my football manager has broken because i spent a lot of time on that last year. Thanks for all the advice LR, my mum does her best and tries really hard to help me as well. I am sure your an excellent mum. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Well, I'm off now campers, I'm going to watch Strictly. Take care you fab folks!!

Oh and YR - ta for saying I'm a good mum, that's kind. Although I do me best, I'm not perfect. There's no such thing as a perfect parent in my book. The best I can do is learn when I cock up.

Have a great evening all xx

Archived