Alex Ferguson - Best manager in the world ever?

David

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At Aberdeen???

Did he not produce half of the Englanf team too at one point?

Best ever, by miles.

You think he's better than Ottmar Hitzfield? Given your from Switzerland you must have an opinion on him? IMO him and Alex Ferguson have made such impacts on their domestic leagues it's unreal..

And they tie 2-2 for the European Cup.. Though AF has been around for about 8 years longer..

I don't think OH gets enough credit for what he's done.. Dortmund were never a fashionable club and he worked miracles there..

Alex Ferguson stepped into a sleeping giant and reaped the rewards of the PL money.. Manchester United took advantage of the likes of Leeds, Blackburn, Arsenal and Liverpool dropping like stones from the early 90s and by the tme 96 came around Manchester United were the biggest club in England with the most money.. The past 15 years has been a case of how many trophies such is the dominanace.. 2 European Cups for a team always at the top IMO isn't great..

If it wasn't for Arsene Wenger, Jose Mourinho and the Arabs at Man City the PL would have simply died..

I am not sure if anyone has done what fergie has done, which is consistently rebuild a team from scratch and make it successful. The problem with mourinhio and guardiola is they haven't had to constantly rebuild and make success happen over a period of time. People go on about europe, now he had european success with aberdeen and lets be honest, winning the champions league is a damn sight harder than it used to be. It is more like a european super league than the knockout competition it used to be. Mourinhio has had success with different teams but only for a short period of time, fergie has done it consistently for 20 years with manchester united. Bris add cantona to that list, ferdinand at his peak, van nistelroy gary neville was a top class full back at his peak as well, along with countless others.

Dont agree about the champions league being harder to win nowadays.

surely it was harder to win when it was a straight knockout competition,lose and you're out.

none of this group stage where you can lose games and still get through and even win it

Dont agree about the champions league being harder to win nowadays.

surely it was harder to win when it was a straight knockout competition,lose and you're out.

none of this group stage where you can lose games and still get through and even win it

not at all, it has become more like a European super league, where as before you could play champions of significantly weaker leagues and walk through, now you go through a group and then a difficult knock out round. Ferguson has won the champions league twice, what did he win with aberdeen, the european super cup? and he has lost in the final twice as well against one of the best teams in history, so he hasn't done too bad i don't think.

not at all, it has become more like a European super league, where as before you could play champions of significantly weaker leagues and walk through, now you go through a group and then a difficult knock out round. Ferguson has won the champions league twice, what did he win with aberdeen, the european super cup? and he has lost in the final twice as well against one of the best teams in history, so he hasn't done too bad i don't think.

im not doubting Ferguson,i just think it was harder to win the European Cup before they revamped it

At Aberdeen he won the league 4 times, 4 fa cups, 1 league cup, 1 UEFA cup and 1 Super Cup.

Archived