Non-Derby County games thread

ANGERMAN1

When was the last time Derby scored 4 away from home? Bradford in the 4-4 draw?

I knew Boro would be in for a good season.. They look top 6 standard along with Southampton.

I think you can almost garauntee Donny and Barnsley will be fighting relegation this season.. Both look toothless upfront, especially Donny without Sharp.

Don't really agree with League 1 closing the gap.. The teams that have come up and done well are big clubs, with a decent setup..

Teams like Donny, Peterborough, Ssausagehorpe, Barnsley, Bristol City who came up and are relatively small clubs have struggled and will eventually go down again.

The PL bottom clubs are made up of successful medium sized clubs.. The top half of the NPC are relatively big clubs recovering from the bad times.. The bottom half of the NPC are smallish clubs who did well but now are struggling to compete.

I like the sound of that, because it means that hopefully means that Bolton and Wigan can give some room to some of the big clubs in this division. And we're on of them.

But there's so many! Only 3 can go up! It could be a far stronger division over the next few years than ever before!!

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This Emnes fella looks like he might score a lot of goals.

20 goal per season strikers just materialise at this level. Anyone with a bit of quality in front of goal can just suddenly find a breakthrough if their team finds form. Anyone.

Emnes if he carries on will be worth about £5m or some such nonesense next June.

Then it'll be someone elses turn.

You've got to love the championship..

Find yourself on a losing streak on you look at your fixtures and see the likes of Brum, Millwall and Boro as your next 3 fixtures and you think crikey, wheres the next win going to come from.. Everyone seems so good.

All you find yourself on a winning streak and the likes of Ipswich, Leeds and Blackpool all of a sudden become easy 3 points..

On paper Southamptons start of Leeds (H) Barnsely (A) Ipswich (A) looks difficult yet they've got 9 points.. Then look at Watfords fixtures Burnley (A) Derby (H) West Ham (H) which isn't that much more difficult than Southamptons start yet they've got 1 point.

Strange league this.

Just listened to PJs post match interview after Ipswich's drubbing. All very reminiscent of the sort of things he use to say at Derby after each deflating defeat.

Must admit I find him far too overly critical of his team. Yes it's a bad defeat but I imagine making comments like "shambolic to say the least.." won't do his team any favours in the mentality department.

• 1 month later...

Archived