Danny Drinkwater

twinthe_12

Could he be the new man at the middle of our midfield ?

Manchester United midfielder Danny Drinkwater has put clubs on alert by admitting he is likely to go back out on loan this season.

The 21-year-old has enjoyed a full pre-season campaign after a string of injuries last term and and started the reserves' 2-1 defeat to Arsenal on Monday.

Drinkwater had spells at Cardiff and Watford in the Championship last season and expects boss Sir Alex Ferguson to send him out again for further first-team action.

"I have to speak to the gaffer, I'll maybe go back on loan to try and prove myself in the Championship and follow in some of the other lads' footsteps," he told MUTV.

"There's a lot of centre-midfield players at the club. They are all quality players so it is difficult to break through."

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hope not - would be a kick in the teeth for the likes of Hendrick. If we bring in a central midfield player as Clough has intimated, then I want someone experienced who can help the younger players develop, not some kid looking to impress Fergie.....

hope not - would be a kick in the teeth for the likes of Hendrick. If we bring in a central midfield player as Clough has intimated, then I want someone experienced who can help the younger players develop, not some kid looking to impress Fergie.....

Anyone who's better than what we've got should be bought in.

Archived