Blackpool v Derby County

GboroRam

First of all if we shall have a chance of winning we must start playing football and not airball all the time. Look at the Watford game - a very boring game with mostly long balls from the defence over our midfield players to Ward and Davies. Never in this game there was somebody in a Derby shirt that run with the ball at his feet from defence through the midfield and passed the ball to somebody on the wings or to one of our strikers. Very boring to look at. Watford tried sometimes, but our defence look most of the time solid though.

Look at Manch. United and yes - Blackpool they play intelligent football and entertaning too, so if we shall stand a chance against them, I suggest that we start playing like in the good days of the past season, when we where on the go.

But back to the selection of the team tomorrow.

Fielding(Done okay)

Brayford(Done good so far, but like before he has tome run dwan the right sometimes and deliver a ball in front of goal, and don't waste time passing it on to Croft.)

Roberts(We need him instead of Kilbane, who's just too slow)

(Kilbane is better used as a defensive midfielder)

O'Brien(Done very good)

Shackell(Our best player at both games)

Davies, B.(Our best player right now as a passing holding midfielder, so putting on the right is wrong)

Cywka(As a attacting midfielder he will work wonder - trust me, and just

remember back to last year. He's creative and fast and a good will e a most better choice than Ward, who has done nothing good so far on this place, probadly because of the long high ball delivert from our defence)

Ward(So let put him on the left midfield, where he has done best last season)

Croft(Right midfield- He works his socks of like nobody else in the team, but needs to be more calm, and use his head before he delivers the next ball. One of the reasons of, why he hasn't done that so good untill now, is that he has been used like a second defender as cover for Brayford, and when he arrives at the other end, his out of air.)

Davies, S.(Shouldn't of course be used as a striker, but just behind our two strikers, but right now I guess we haven't a got better choice right now.)

Ball(I believe he'll work wonders if he got the chance from start, because I believe we desperately need a higher strong striker up there).

Ledgenz

Robinson

Bryson

Maguire

Hendrick

Another option could be to put Cywka on the right instead of Croft, and let Steve Davies sit behind our strikers Ball and Robinson.

Look B4, we know you absolutely love Callum Ball but setting up another username to champion his cause is a little daft...

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply
First of all if we shall have a chance of winning we must start playing football and not airball all the time. Look at the Watford game - a very boring game with mostly long balls from the defence over our midfield players to Ward and Davies.

So let put him on the left midfield, where he has done best last season

Good point, if Ward played less deep and we had someone a bit taller as the target we would have great options with Davies and Ward just behind.:)

Blackpool 2-0 Derby (Gary Fletcher-Taylor x2)

Possession 61%-39%

Shots on Target 13-3

Shots off Target 11-2

Corners 12-5

Fouls 11-24

We'll miss Bailey.. Hendrick will put in a good shift but he'll be given no options when he recieves the ball.. Shackell and O'Brien will be solid.

B.Davies, Croft, Brayford, Kilbane and S.Davies will all be yellow carded.

Blackpool 1-0 Rams

Taylor Fletcher

Even though their defence is sh1te i reckon they'll give a great performance against us tomorrow.

Hope not though, because like Swiss, i hate that camera shagging munchkin of a manager they have and all his 'hilarious' quips.

Suprised he hasn't signed up to Big Brother 20 or whatever it is Channel Five are showing soon.

Celebrity Love Island. Love to see him on that getting blown out by Susan Boyle.

Blackpool 1 Rams 2 Phillips 1st and 2 late goals for Theo.

0-2 Derby.

Our hoof ball from the Watford match will suddenly look like great count-attacking play against Blackpool's ropey defence. Ward to score first, Theo clinching it near the end after coming off bench. Shackell to win every header and tackle and be best player for 3rd game on the row. Forum to be full of moaning that although we've had our best start since the 1940s and conceeded 1 goal in 3 matches, we are not playing very good stuff. Two good performances and wins at Pride Park vs Donny and Burnley puts us top at end of month.

0-2 Derby.

Our hoof ball from the Watford match will suddenly look like great count-attacking play against Blackpool's ropey defence. Ward to score first, Theo clinching it near the end after coming off bench. Shackell to win every header and tackle and be best player for 3rd game on the row. Forum to be full of moaning that although we've had our best start since the 1940s and conceeded 1 goal in 3 matches, we are not playing very good stuff. Two good performances and wins at Pride Park vs Donny and Burnley puts us top at end of month.

Could you imagine if that happened, we would go from being promotion no-hopers to having an outside chance in the eyes of Claridge.

http://fansonline.net/blackpool/mb/view.php?id=846255

Reading this thread, seems like we are a bunch of miserable ***** in their eyes and I have to agree with them.

on one post they say that Steve Davies is an aggressive cheat who is a disgrace to football, which sounds like the most unwarrented tag ever given to a player, as he ever been sent off :confused: I would say that he holds his own rather than call him nasty, certainly worst players around.

also in the same post, he likes Ben Davies and made him our danger man, which is true from set pieces if nothing else. I would also add to that comment, whilst we have Shackell fit and in defence, I don't think we will ever look weak at the back, such a good player.

Archived