Ishmael Miller

Alex W

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You don't get abuse for your opinion you get abuse for your attitude, big difference. Btw pointing out an observation is not arrogance, jumping to conclusions it includes you isn't the best idea is it?

You seem to understand humility Alex so i wouldn't worry. I've voiced my opinion on forums for years and never been banned i think that might show that it is not your opinions that get you in trouble.

well i do get abuse for my opinions tomsdubs actually, it's weird since an attitude on the internet is difficult to display, you can't see crucial things which we need to recognise people's attitude, e.g. face expression, is a key part of developing an opinion on someones attitude.

I point out observations all the time, and i defend anyone who wants to point out an observation, however the problem with getting personal on the internet is exactly that, it's hard too, it is hard to tell how someone acts when you only know them via a forum, where people's emotions and expressions can't be seen.

I don't mind if my opinions get me into trouble at all, i think if they do well, fair enough i have to accept that, however just because it gets me into trouble does not mean i was incorrect in asserting my opinion, e.g. we had a teacher at my old school, he couldn't teach and i told several people that, i got into trouble to start with as some thought we were points scoring, we weren't we were genuinely worried about our education. That was a legitimate thought, which got me into trouble, but i was still right to voice it and make it known.

COLIN BLOOMFIELD ON TWITTER

Nothing in the Ishmail Miller link. Spoke to NC this morning. Midfield and striker still being targeted but consious that only Varney gone..

But if what we have is not good enough they still need to be replaced!

I know we are watching the pennies, but we also want to see some proper football. If Nigel knows he is going into a season with key positions still short of quality it doesnt bode well. Get them in and them worry about shifting the others out after.

That wont happen though so my only hope is that there is a mass clear out come deadline day and we get the replacements in we need. Not looking good so far is it.

ER

But if what we have is not good enough they still need to be replaced!

I know we are watching the pennies, but we also want to see some proper football. If Nigel knows he is going into a season with key positions still short of quality it doesnt bode well. Get them in and them worry about shifting the others out after.

That wont happen though so my only hope is that there is a mass clear out come deadline day and we get the replacements in we need. Not looking good so far is it.

ER

Not true only Varney has gone. What about Commons and Savage (big wage earrners) And Porter ANd Pringle.

Plus Bueno and Ayala gone back.

Not sure we have strengthened that much from team that finished last season TBH.

Get him here! Mentioned this in the player suggestion thread like 6 months ago when I saw him for QPR against Reading..

He's strong, quick, good in the air, an OK first touch and can bully defeners.. Oh and he scores.

Absoloutely nothing like Porter, except their both strikers..

Alex once again comes out with an amazing statement.. What next, Amir Kahn is like M.Ali? Because their both boxers and supposedly 'fast'

Miller is like a young Leicester City version of Emile Heskey.. Or perhaps a young Bolton Micheal Rickets. Potential.

Hey hey hey, I didn't explain it properly.

My point was that they both had similiar attributes, which I didn't specify that well. Both were strong, both were quick, both can head a ball. That was my point.

They play very differently, but their attributes are the same, give or take.

Get him here! Mentioned this in the player suggestion thread like 6 months ago when I saw him for QPR against Reading..

He's strong, quick, good in the air, an OK first touch and can bully defeners.. Oh and he scores.

Absoloutely nothing like Porter, except their both strikers..

Alex once again comes out with an amazing statement.. What next, Amir Kahn is like M.Ali? Because their both boxers and supposedly 'fast'

Miller is like a young Leicester City version of Emile Heskey.. Or perhaps a young Bolton Micheal Rickets. Potential.

In a very small capacity, yes. Ignoring the 'both boxers' comment, then they were a little alike. Very different play styles, but they both utilise/d very quick hands to beat opponents.

So yes, slightly.

Hey hey hey, I didn't explain it properly.

My point was that they both had similiar attributes, which I didn't specify that well. Both were strong, both were quick, both can head a ball. That was my point.

They play very differently, but their attributes are the same, give or take.

Haha sure thing buddy..

You should probably say that their attributes were the same.. As of now, well as of last year, Porter has been anything but those things you mentioned..

Hope he gets his career back on track, the unlucky git.

Haha sure thing buddy..

You should probably say that their attributes were the same.. As of now, well as of last year, Porter has been anything but those things you mentioned..

Hope he gets his career back on track, the unlucky git.

I did say that, his injuries have taken his speed he had from him. He's still strong, but he won't be doing those powering runs anymore. Or atleast not without a long stint in Sheffields team.

And agreed. Looked a cracking player at first.

Never had this speed you seem to think he had, and yes I was at that Swansea game.

He had it, i'm sure of it, I just wish the bloody clip was still on YouTube of him scoring that second goal.

I don't think he was quite as quick as Miller, but he was definitely quicker than you'd think he'd be. He suprised me with it, anyway.

The theory is there. They have similiar attributes as players, they just play differently.

Miller has a little more pace, or alot more now. But my theory was there, albeit not a 100% similarity but very similiar attributes.

In his full debut(?), trying to prove his worth, against a tiring defence. Yeh, rapid...

Still got to have the pace to do it, and he tore past them easily. And the goal wasn't in the 80th minute, they wouldn't have been THAT tired as of yet.

You could say on that basis that every goal scored past the 55th minute where the striker takes on the defender is down to a tired defence....

Archived