Kevin Kilbane

Hartley Hare

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does it mean, "we don't know the exact amount as the club haven't told us, and lets face it, why would they? We're just guessing and please don't take it as FACT"

it would be an improvised guess with some foundation upon it, like a back of the fag packet calculation boycie :D

does it mean "a round" as in "I'm not going to be around here much longer, I'm leaving the forum, again":rolleyes:

Mine was better :cool: Besides! We all know the forum missed me. Without my positivity you'd all have hung yourselves by mid-season :p

Part of me is happy with the signing as I do rate kilbane as a LB, but it's s shame we couldn't get anyone better.

That said, we needed to have cover so to have someone in for 6 months saves an awful panic signing halfway through September, that has to be good. Hopefully we can also now focus on a DM and Striker for the rest of the window and also get a more long term LB sorted in January

we will disagree on the competency of kilbane alex, personally I don't rate him nowadays and i just don't think he is the answer to our problems, i would rather get the right man in rather than anyone, otherwise we might as well play pearson at left back.

YR, you'd argue anything to make Clough look bad.

This post seriously suggests that Stephen Pearson is a better left-back than Kevin Kilbane.

what i am saying is, rather than spend a lot of wages on a left back which is only to be used as cover, which could be used for another permanent signing of greater quality who will play regularly, that we don't sign kilbane until we have got everyone in who we want and that i would rather use pearson as a left back than spend all that money on a reserve left back if we could get someone permanent in who was playing.

what i am saying is, rather than spend a lot of wages on a left back which is only to be used as cover, which could be used for another permanent signing of greater quality who will play regularly, that we don't sign kilbane until we have got everyone in who we want and that i would rather use pearson as a left back than spend all that money on a reserve left back if we could get someone permanent in who was playing.

again, you are taking no facts and stating them as so. How on earth do you know what we will be paying him?

http://downatthemac.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=general&thread=58072&page=1

Seemed to be slightly split on opinion there, doesnt seem to have been anything special in League 1 and the times i saw him last year he did try a lot of 'hollywood' passes that didnt work. Dont really want us signing another player who's sh*te on the ball.

Seems that we're getting an old, average left back to cover another old, average left back, bit pointless if you ask me.

Archived