Kevin Kilbane

Hartley Hare

I'd rather have cover than no cover. Especially a very competent player in that position.

Especially considering we ourselves have no cover worth mentioning.

we will disagree on the competency of kilbane alex, personally I don't rate him nowadays and i just don't think he is the answer to our problems, i would rather get the right man in rather than anyone, otherwise we might as well play pearson at left back.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was close, it's £13k.

He cut his wages in half when Hull asked him to when they looked to be in a serious financial mess. Don't see many players doing that do you, good on him.

(Bugger off changing my posts!)

Link: http://www.thisishullandeastriding.co.uk/HULL-CITY-Kilbane-halves-wages-extend-career-help-Tigers/story-11950461-detail/story.html

Similar scenario to Robbie Savage, pay the rest of the contract over an extra year.

I saw Kilbane for Huddersfield 3 times last season and he looked very good, and I did wonder why he was playing down there, played defence and midfield on these occasions, just looks a solid player to have around, I don't think it would be a bad signing at all a experienced player on loan who can play different positions.

I think this would be an astute loan signing, but we can't leave it there we need to push on!

the article on bailey is frightening and no thanks on kilbane, was good, now isn't. I would rather have no cover than kilbane there.

You let yourself down with the tosh you come out with. Kevin Kilbane has a huge amount of great experience and has over a hundred caps for his country. We have a fairly young team, don't you think that they would benefit from having him around the place.

to me it is about a question of resources, I don't think it would be prudent to spend 6.5k a week on a 6 month loan on someone who isn't better than what we already have. He was a good left back or left midfielder but he isn't really a holding midfielder for me, so he covers left back, and left midfield, do we want to pay someone 6.5k a week on our tight budget? or do we want to wait to sign someone permanent who wasn't playing for huddersfield last season?

to me it is about a question of resources, I don't think it would be prudent to spend 6.5k a week on a 6 month loan on someone who isn't better than what we already have. He was a good left back or left midfielder but he isn't really a holding midfielder for me, so he covers left back, and left midfield, do we want to pay someone 6.5k a week on our tight budget? or do we want to wait to sign someone permanent who wasn't playing for huddersfield last season?

He played holding midfield the whole of last season, and where on earth are you plucking his wages from?

Similar scenario to Robbie Savage, pay the rest of the contract over an extra year.

Indeed, still a good gesture though.

I like Kilbane, the only reason he went to Huddersfield last season was that they were willing to pay the wages and got in there before anyone else.

International caps and several years of Premier League experience. He'll do a good job for us. Plus he's an option from the subs bench for wide left in that attacking three.

the fact that he was on 13k a week at hull and he was asked to halve it and did so.

He was on £26k, halved it to £13. I'm just presuming we're only paying half.

Srg, the wages are there on the second page in a link in one of my posts.

I was close, it's £13k.

He cut his wages in half when Hull asked him to when they looked to be in a serious financial mess. Don't see many players doing that do you, good on him.

(Bugger off changing my posts!)

Link: http://www.thisishullandeastriding.co.uk/HULL-CITY-Kilbane-halves-wages-extend-career-help-Tigers/story-11950461-detail/story.html

there you go, he is on 13k a week my bad not 6.5

Archived