England Vs India

StaffsRam

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sehwag is in a different class to Gambhir though, big wicket. India have an amazing batting line-up, I would rate Sehwag, Tendulkar, Laxman and Dhoni as easily 4 of the best batsmen in the world, possibly even top 4.

you rate Laxman and Dhoni over Kalis and Sangakarra :rolleyes:? Or even Bell on current form along with Trott!?

Sehwag is in a different class to Gambhir though, big wicket. India have an amazing batting line-up, I would rate Sehwag, Tendulkar, Laxman and Dhoni as easily 4 of the best batsmen in the world, possibly even top 4.

Dravids a better test match batsmen than all 4 of them at the moment

you rate Laxman and Dhoni over Kalis and Sangakarra :rolleyes:? Or even Bell on current form along with Trott!?

I rate Laxman well over Kallis,Bell and Trott. VVS is world class, Sangakkara is very good too but not as good. He'll show his class here well all others collapse around him

Dravids a better test match batsmen than all 4 of them at the moment

He's just gone. I'm not really looking at it in a form context, form is temporary, class is permanent as they say. Although Dravid is also very very good, and Gambhir and Raina are both good batsmen as well.

He's just gone. I'm not really looking at it in a form context, form is temporary, class is permanent as they say. Although Dravid is also very very good, and Gambhir and Raina are both good batsmen as well.

Yep, and Dravids one of the best test match batsmen of his generation who will be remembered for years. Apart from Tendulkar, obviously, the others you said wont be mentioned in the same breath.

"While the wickets tumble at Edgbaston, some more good news for English cricket courtesy of the International Cricket Council. No fewer than eight England players have been named in the 17-man long-list for the ICC Cricketer of the Year award. James Anderson, Stuart Broad, Ian Bell, Alastair Cook, Andrew Strauss, Graeme Swann, Chris Tremlett and Jonathan Trott are the chosen ones, with Trott and Swann also included in both the Test and one-day player of the year lists. The winners will be announced in London on 12 September."

From BBC website

Yep, and Dravids one of the best test match batsmen of his generation who will be remembered for years. Apart from Tendulkar, obviously, the others you said wont be mentioned in the same breath.

Virender Sehwag and VVS Laxman certainly will be, far more talented that Dravid. All just opinion I suppose.

Archived