Dean Leacock

David

Skysports.com understands Nottingham Forest and Portsmouth are chasing wantaway Derby defender Dean Leacock.

Leacock is thought to be keen on a move away from Pride Park after finding himself out of favour under Nigel Clough.

The 27-year-old failed to feature for Derby since January and it appears he does not figure in Clough's long-term plans

Derby are willing to offload the former Fulham man and are open to offers for the player

The news has alerted Championship rivals Forest and Portsmouth as they are both keen to bolster their defensive options this summer.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_7052316,00.html

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he goes to Forest we should have it written into the transfer that he has to play right back against us at the Shitty Ground. I'm sure Forest fans were pointing and laughing at Leacock, be interesting to see what they make of this little rumour.

Off behind enemy lines, I'll report back my findings.

Was a good player a few years ago, but injuries have taken over now.

He was brilliant in our promotion season, really was good, however his time here has gone the same way as Bywaters, apart from leacocks had injury problems also, he was unbelievably poor in the premiership, came back down and never caught his old form, or even got close to it.

He has had a horrible year this year, I think he can do a job at this level but never even looked close to that player we first saw, dreadful at playing against pacy players despite not being that slow, got to put it down to his positioning.. which is a big thing for a defender.

Wow. I thought some of our fans were embarrassing when Tyson signed.

I don't think I ever heard any of our fans say:

"If this waste of space ever puts on the Derby shirt I will burn mine."

or

"Don't want this stupid, gash, wannabe gangster, total *****, anywhere near Derby."

Incredible, daft, cynical, temperamental?

Or all of the above.

I admit as much as the next dcfc fan that he is a liability at times but I will always thank him for the promotion season. He was brilliant next to Moore. He has been a good servant to be fair to him but it's clear it's time to move on.

There's no doubt with the right partner, a bit of form and confidence he can still be capable in this league. As for Forest, if their centre backs are so good, not sure why they would want him, nor am I sure why he would go to be on the bench.

Reading their forum just makes me think they haven't got a clue about much if anything at all!

I like Leacock when I have spoke to him seems a very genuine bloke who seems all but happy to talk to fans and be a outlet for the club in the public eye and okay the past few years hasn't been his best but since Forest management like living in the past I don't see why Leacock wouldn't be a target, if they can get him back to what he was when we got promoted they would have one hell of a signing for little morning, same goes for Bywater.. these are players that have done it, all be it in the past but whats the difference between them, and the other signings they've made?

so fickle, if he signed the opinion would change so quickly.

Trouble with Leacock over the past couple of years is that, even when he’s fit, he only seems able to concentrate for about quarter of the game.

He can often have a 20 minute spell, usually in the first half, where he looks pretty good. Then he loses it and the completely useless twin brother takes over. Nice bloke but time for him to move on.

Archived