Patrick Van Aanholt - Chelsea

Perky1106

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A left back. Apparently we have inquired about him on loan according to some buzz on Twitter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_van_Aanholt

You mean Van Aanholt ? I`d steer clear if i were you..

He had 2 or 3 decent games for us last season, wasnt that well liked. His inability to defend may have had something to do with that... Better going forward than backwards. O_o

Edited accordingly.

I think we need an attacking full back. He's only 20 so he has the rest of his career to learn to defend.

True, and i can honestly say that we were all over the place at the back last season (Sven pi**ing around too much with loaneeeeees, never had a settled back 4)

He`s quick for sure, but needs someone next to him to shout in his ear...

His best game was against you lot at PP.. :p

True, and i can honestly say that we were all over the place at the back last season (Sven pi**ing around too much with loaneeeeees, never had a settled back 4)

He`s quick for sure, but needs someone next to him to shout in his ear...

His best game was against you lot at PP.. :p

Pretty sure we have that with Barker and Shackell.

Sadly I think clough sees Roberts as first choice and just looking for cover which I don't think this lad or Chelsea would want to be

enough said.

Sadly I think clough sees Roberts as first choice and just looking for cover which I don't think this lad or Chelsea would want to be

Beware of secret clauses from Prem clubs about the number of games they HAVE to play .. O_o

Im sure the happened with us last season....

"You can have him if you play him"

He was brilliant against us last season, I thought he was man of the match which is hard to pick since leicester did have several good performers that day, Wellens and King in midfield, Van Aanholt and the left midfielder(forget his name) were bossing the left hand side for them!

going on what I've seen I would like him here, although this 'cant be any worse than roberts' line is toss, as we've had plenty of left backs worse than roberts in recent years!

this 'cant be any worse than roberts' line is toss, as we've had plenty of left backs worse than roberts in recent years!

Agree.

It's a shame that 50p head McEveley was found out in the Premier League, I thought he was brilliant for us in the promotion season.

Plenty of dross in the LB position in recent years.

Agree.

It's a shame that 50p head McEveley was found out in the Premier League, I thought he was brilliant for us in the promotion season.

Plenty of dross in the LB position in recent years.

Really? I thought McEveley was better in the prem than in the championship actually which didn't say an awful lot, apart from his 2-3 surprise goals I thought he was poor, after he died when having his operation (true story) he came back and looked a lot better, but overall I think he was poor.

1 3 month spell in the prem where he looked good and another in the last 3 months as a derby player, apart from that I saw nothing.

Similar to Moxey, in his first 5 months he was class, after that quite poor.

now Roberts started bad, but last 3 months looked decent.

I'd like a consistantly good/decent left back, it would be much appreciated.

I think i would be pleased with this move, was impressed when he played against us and he would compliment brayford well. The only risk which i can see is that we could get caught on the break at times, however as long as a relatively mobile defensive mid was kept back that could easily solve the problem.

Really? I thought McEveley was better in the prem than in the championship actually which didn't say an awful lot, apart from his 2-3 surprise goals I thought he was poor, after he died when having his operation (true story) he came back and looked a lot better, but overall I think he was poor.

1 3 month spell in the prem where he looked good and another in the last 3 months as a derby player, apart from that I saw nothing.

Similar to Moxey, in his first 5 months he was class, after that quite poor.

now Roberts started bad, but last 3 months looked decent.

I'd like a consistantly good/decent left back, it would be much appreciated.

I thought we looked more solid with mo there. We started letting goals in when Jay and mears were added and it never stopped with them two there, better footballers than edworthy and mo but we let a lot less goals in and I think they were better out and out defenders

I thought we looked more solid with mo there. We started letting goals in when Jay and mears were added and it never stopped with them two there, better footballers than edworthy and mo but we let a lot less goals in and I think they were better out and out defenders

Edworthy and Mo were so awful that the centre halves had to concentrate even harder, and in doing so, kept clean sheets. We put Jay and Mears in and they then relaxed too much.

Always been my theory on that one, anyway ;)

Archived