2011-12 Forecast Derby v Forest

DerbyRam!

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Your right Elv!

You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Well I'm the only one here.

Who the fu-ck do you think you're talking to?

Red Elvis at home......

XzPBUGUM7KQ

• 2 weeks later...

OK I'm ready for predictions at a time Derby have signed 8 and Forest 1.

I think Forest will be certainly in and around the Play Offs again, and with a couple of signings, soon please, and the potential of good touch players of McGugan Majewski McGugan Reid, we could actually pass our way to the top.

With a soild base of a few lads with 2,3 and 4 seasons playing as a progressive unit, no doubt it is looking good. Failure would be Mid Table.

Derby, I think young Nige performed miracles during the transition of clearing the deadwood this is now his team, fresh young lads coming in, only difficulty for sure, will they all gel together?, and who are they?:D

Mid Table will be success, and a good start needed, as this League is a good un this year, and if you look for relegation bottom three candidates, Derby could be one?

A good start needed!

Prediction:

Forest won't get promoted

Derby won't get relegated

Despite what Glick has said, we won't make the playoffs. However, I think we'll have a much better balanced side than in the last 3/4 years.

Forest are on a hiding to nothing - WHU, Brum and Leicester will be running away with the league, and whichever one of them doesn't go up automatic will go up in the playoffs anyway.

That is a very good shout, a bookmakers prediction.

If Forest play and progress, they have a chance.

Derby should stay up, now they have signed a new team though,

shouldn't they?

Somewhere amongst and after the Signing Mania, football will take place.

The bookies are right more often than they're wrong, otherwise they'd be out of business ;)

I think most of us are relieved that the arrival of the new players will mean that we can finally offload the likes of Pearson, Bywater and Leacock - average players (these days) on huge(ish) wages. Plus Sav's retired so we won't have to carry him through games.

Nigel proved last year that the 4-2-3-1 formation works, and worked very well until we started piling up the injuries. We have far more options up front this coming season and we haven't finished recruiting yet, there'll be another striker coming in before we start.

Big bonus will be some of the youngsters coming through - Ball's on the cusp of breaking through and Clough's already talking up Hendricks.

I'm hopeful for spirited performances at least - too many times over the last couple of seasons we've had far too many gutless ones.

I cannot disagree with that, Derby should be optimistic, deadwood gone, and potential to be achieved.

Where I am is, I cannot see how Forest's challenge of attempting to be top six, with the squad we have and a couple of additions, and the football we have produced with most this current squad, is seen as a Non starter, but Derby battles with relegation, now the deadwood have gone, is certain to be avoided. You need a good start, but I fully understand the optimism.

Can't see us finishing above Forest, not this coming season. But then, I love to tempt fate! :D

Forest may make the playoffs, but you've lost Earnshaw, you're potentially losing Moussi, Newcastle are reportedly offering for McGugan, and you're showing your hand with the signing of Reid and potentially that of Barnes.

I think when all's said and done this summer, I can't see you having a better side than you did last year. Key difference this time is that you won't have the nouse of Davros who for all his faults, is a brilliant manager at this level. McClaren, could do well, but I can see him struggling to adapt. He had money at Boro', and lots of it, got lucky at Twente as PSV and Ajax both disintegrated, and was found out at Wolfsburg.

Like I said, might work, might not.

Archived